San Diego Comic Con-Carrie Fisher, starwarschick14, And The Mullet On TV (again...)

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by JediKnightPasJoDacle, Jul 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, folks, I finally made it to San Diego Comic Con 2004, and boy was it a BLAST! I went on Saturday and got to do a bunch of cool stuff. I got to finally meet starwarschick14 (Roseanna) and was shocked to see that she was working a booth at the con! And it turns out, like me, is a "autograph-whore" (her words, not mine).

The Lucas Films booth was HUGE and had a full sized x-wing on display! It also had a Master Replicas section where they had all the replicas on display. I must say, I was tempted to buy the .45 scale saber because they were soo darn adorable!!! And the Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith shirts rocked!

Carrie Fisher also made an appearance and ACTUALLY LOOKED GOOD! Roseanna told me this and I was like "No way!" and didn't believe her till I saw her! Man! She's lost alot of weight and didn't have her face plastered with make-up like she usually does. But I was confussed, not to sound racy but...did she get breast implants that anyone knows of? Because her chest was deffinitly MUCH larger then I remember in ANY of her films.

I went in costume as Wolverine (the costume used in my comic series Wolverine Rebooted) and had people taking pictures of me left and right, I must have had (THIS IS NOT AN EXADURATION) over 400 pictures taken with me and comic fans.Every five feet of walking I did, I would have to pose for a picture (this made shopping very difficult). I also got interview by VH-1 for "Best Week Ever". I did a crazy "Wolverine Dance" that is sure to get made fun of (if I don't get cut). So make sure you tune into Best Week Ever on VH-1 on this Friday too see if I made it on.

I actually signed some autographs! I was stopped by about 4 people telling me how they are a fan of my photomanips and Mullet-Man comics (I was REALLY blown away by this...I felt so special) and about 5 or 6 other people recognized me from my acting and asked for an autograph (luckally I came prepared for this with my headshots).

So what did I learn? Carrie Fisher has some secret Star Wars bra technology, small lightsabers are cute, starwarschick14 is also a cutie, watch me on tv (again), and wairing a leather Wolverine costume for 14 hours straight will make you sweat.(I almost fainted twice)...

2. DarthZome Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I guess this makes up for her not wearing a bra in the first movie.
  3. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    That's cool that you got interviewed...have to watch that. Saw Joe on the starwars.com Comic Con picture viewer (keep up the good work!), was half expecting to see Rosie somewhere in the background. When you guys come home...I want to see pictures!

Sounds like you and Rosie had alot of fun...from what I'm looking at on Hyperspace, I really wish I could've gone!!!!

As for Carrie Fisher...heck if I know?
  4. skyedancer Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Jon, it sounds like you had a great time--both as a fan and as an actor! Great having people recognize you and ask for autographs! :cool: Fortunately, you haven't reached the point of Ewan McGregor who is no longer giving out any autographs. :( As for Carrie, I hope if she reads this board that she throws marshmallows at you too. [face_mischief] Then, again, guys will be guys!
  5. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Then, again, guys will be guys!
    And squirrels will be squirrels.
  6. skyedancer Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Who are you calling a squirrel? ;) Some squirrels are cute like Rocky of "Rocky and Bullwinkle." But then you are probably too young to know that cartoon.
  7. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan

star 4
  8. skyedancer Jedi Youngling

star 2
    My stupid computer won't play this video. :_| And you never mentioned that David Wenham was there. [face_love] But I guess you were looking at Carrie. ;)
  9. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    I saw the Entertainment Tonight thing. I wish my VCR wasn't busted, I would have taped it. Even if you were only on for a second it was still cool.
  10. Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    wow

that's quite a costume u got there Jon. ;)
  11. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, yeah. I hate both you and Roseanna for going and having fun.
  12. starwarschick14 Jedi Master

star 4
    Just one thing to post before going to bed after a looooooooooooooong day flying:

[image=http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v364/rchickos/San%20Diego/Jon_and_Roseanna.jpg]

I thought I had blinked while that picture was taken, but it looked ok on the small screen of my digital camera. On my computer, however, I can definitely see now that I was indeed in the process of blinking. Weird squinty eyes. Jon, I want a copy of your picture whenever you get it, because it has to be better than mine. :p

I have around 120 pictures from the whole weekend and lots of stories...but now it's time for sleep. :)
  13. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Rosie/Jon...you guys have any cool pictures, PM me with links...and Em will add them to the "archives" on the website (it's close to ready)
  14. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan

star 4
    that's quite a costume u got there Jon.
    Thank you!

Oh, yeah. I hate both you and Roseanna for going and having fun.
    Yes! Envy me! It gives me my power!

Jon, I want a copy of your picture whenever you get it, because it has to be better than mine.
    Will do. I'll post some pics when I get them developed.

Rosie/Jon...you guys have any cool pictures, PM me with links
    Roger Roger!
  15. Padawan92 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yes...so I can see the pictures and wimper at them... :D
  16. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan

star 4
  17. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Logan... nice wristwatch. :p
  18. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey Logan... nice wristwatch.
    Thanks, bub.

By the way, that wrist watch, I've been wairing it on my left hand, everyday, for OVER 8 years. It's had 23 wrist bands, and NO battery change. It's been on set with me on countless movies and can be seen in "The Girl next Door", "Boston Public", and many others...Darn tootin it's a nice watch! ;)
  19. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I was just referring to the obvious cutoff sleeve your costume has in comparison to the movie Wolvie's costume.
  20. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Those are on the movie version too.
  21. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Jon I sent you screen caps from the web video. hehehe.
  22. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    Please tell me that wasn't you doing that sad white-guy dance on Best Week Ever.
  23. starwarschick14 Jedi Master

star 4
    My sister called me today all excited to tell me that she saw you on Best Week Ever. She got a real kick out of seeing someone that she's met (however briefly) on TV. :)

EDIT: BTW, I posted many of my photos on my photo page. They're in the San Diego album. I didn't take as many pictures of the actual con as I should have, but I got some good ones. I took a lot of flight pictures and a lot of pictures of that Gentle Giant Clone Trooper - so don't mind those, I had my reasons for them though. :)
  24. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Please tell me that wasn't you doing that sad white-guy dance on Best Week Ever.

Yes, that was me. Proving, once again, white geeks can't dance. Actually, it looked better then I thought...and did anyone catch the guy falling flat on his face? It's the scene right after mine where the group of warriors are yelling and running after the hots, one of the guys closest to the screen falls HARD and FLAT ON HIS FACE with a big THUD! I busted out laughing!

She got a real kick out of seeing someone that she's met (however briefly) on TV.

Lol...

I posted many of my photos on my photo page.
    Nice pics...so many of them are airial shots... ;)
  25. starwarschick14 Jedi Master

star 4
    ...and did anyone catch the guy falling flat on his face?

That sounds hilarious! Why does MIT's cable have to be so lame? Wish I could see it. :p

Nice pics...so many of them are airial shots...

Yeah yeah, I know. Never having been west of Ohio before in my entire life, all the scenery over there was new to me...the desert and mountains, the coastline, the Pacific...so I couldn't help but take many pictures. And I have a thing for clouds. I think I was a Care Bear in a past life... :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.