main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego Comic-Con Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Kai_Vandekar, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Hey folks!

Um, I thought I'd kick off this thread re: SDCC in general.

However, I do have a specific question to ask. I'd decided NOT to go to SDCC this year, for various reasons, most of them monetary. However, I've been feeling more and more like I disinvited myself from a really fun party that most of my friends are attending.

So, I am just posting to ask if anybody knows of extra hotel space (I'd pay for the space, obviously).

No pressure, as I've got a number of avenues to explore. But I thought I'd check with my FanForce cohorts, just in case.

I potentially have transportation down (as in, I can drive myself), although not adverse to carpooling (just don't think many of you live too close to me) so it's just a matter of hotel.

So...anyway. That's my question. :) You can PM me, if you prefer, rather than post here. Either way. I'm basically well-behaved. Honest!

- Kai, embarassed

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Aww..don't be embarassed. I hope you can come. This will be my first SDCC and I'd love to see another friendly face (along with 90 bazillion others). You might contact Matt (JedHead 1) from San Fran. I am staying with them and they may have extra space. I am not sure.

I'm flying down, otherwise I would totally carpool with you (well-behaved or not ;) ).

3. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Yeah, it's a fun time and I wish I could go too, but with buying the new digs we had to cut some line items, Worldcon and ComicCon being two of them. Next year we should be used to the new (financial) order, but this year we have to be careful.

Looks like even though it was a "dead" year for Star Wars originally (CIII in the past, EPIII released on DVD a while ago), Lucas managed to find some way of heating things up and SW should make a substantial showing at the convention.

4. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Well, I've got some possibilities for staying at Comic-Con, so it's looking more likely I can make it. Anybody else going but me and Tionne?

5. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Not unless we hit the lottery, heh. Have a good time and keep us posted.

*waves*

And we'll expect a full report from the meeting you hold there as well.

That will make three, unless you count the extra meeting we held at Blue Bayou as the full heads of the new order, so to speak.

Of course, no changes in leadership occured, so maybe that doesn't count :shrugs:

We got the better part of a year to get in two more official meetings, so no sweat.

In fact... that gets me to thinking about another thread...

*runs off*

6. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Hey Sid...we DID have our two official meetings...and one Official Officer's Meeting @ the BB. The next meeting will be at either ComicCon or SCFF Boardwalk Extravaganza...(yeah..you like that name don't you...)

Kai,

Siri and I are going to be there. Only thing is that when we booked the room at the ComicCon Hotel Madness...Race for the Rooms...the only thing left was a KingSized Bed...sorry...

But I know others that are coming down from your way.. I'll PM you with info.

7. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Who says you have to change leadership...like...ever? If the group approves and the person is still willing, why change things?

You guys really should have more regular meetings. Remember, three is official and there's always just going out for pizza or seeing a movie. That's how I kept the SVRF afloat. :D

I am so excited for SDCC...and the SVRF wants to join in on the Boardwalk Extravaganza if possible.

8. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Well, we don't have to change leadership, but we tend to operate like a loose democracy, we don't take the dictator thing past role play, actually.

(But don't be callin' Sid soft now, or he's gonna be shooting the blue at j00, LOL!)

The nice thing is that we're really not into the power thing, we are just for having a good time and it doesn't take much to keep that rolling, and we're all good friends who want to see it all go smoooooth.

It's that free wheeling easy going Santa Cruz thing I guess.

And anyone is welcome to join us at any of our outings, big or small, we're happy to have others who are in for fun anytime. And now that things are a lot less stressful for us (moving was awful) and we have a nicer place we're open to more events and will be more sociable between major events as well.

The pity is that so many of our team is out of the area, but we're trying to get some more local interest. Even more pity that CIV is the Baycon weekend, we'd had grand plans for that but now that's almost two years off.

So it goes, as Vonnegut says.

We willlll geeeet byyyyyyyyy, as Jerry Garcia says.

*puts on one of his Tye Dye Star Wars shirts and goes for a cold one*

And on that note, I'll quit hijacking this thread and turn it back over to SDCC stuff, woot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.