main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL San Diego Comic Con

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by radicalray, Jun 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radicalray

radicalray Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2004
    Is anyone planning to go? I am looking for someone to share the cost of a hotel room with.

I have wanted to attend this event for years, and cannot wait!

2. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I wish I could, but the funds and time just aren't in my possession. I believe Susan and her husband have plans to go. I really look forward to hearing what you think of the Star Wars day.

Did anyone see the Connections presentation that was given at Comic-Con and other cons in 2001? -Campbell

3. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    Honestly, I cannot afford to go either. It will be a sacrifice. SW events like these may dissappear after Episode 3, want to seize the moment.

I will be working with the GalacticHunter.com team, I think they will let me cover the autograph area. Not really sure yet, am planning on doing a lot of goofing off & chasing exclusives.

Just made hotel reservations, and have room for another person. The hotel is a mile from the convention center, but after all the walking at Disney, not a biggie.
    :)

4. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    Holy crap! Look at the SW guest list!!!

Actors appearing in the C2 Ventures booth located inside the Star Wars Pavilion include:
    Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker),
    Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia),
    Jake Lloyd (Anakin Skywalker),
    Ray Park (Darth Maul),
    Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca),
    Kenny Baker (R2-D2),
    Amy Allen (Jedi Aayla Secura),
    Michonne Bourriague (Bounty Hunter Aurra Sing),
    Daniel Logan (young Boba-Fett), and
    Shannon Baksa McRandle (Expanded Universe model: Mara Jade).

5. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    For my sake, hope this Increases, rather than Decreases, the odds of Hamill attending C3. Most impressive list. -Campbell

6. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    when is the event?

7. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    http://www.comic-con.org/

8. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    SDCC exclusives:
    http://www.comic-con.org/Pages/CCI04-ActionFigs.html

9. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Why is Gollum playing with his breast in that statue?

Ew.

Brandon

10. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
  11. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Godspeed, everybody that's going. Know that you harbor my jealousy. I truly can't afford the trip, but it really sounds like San Diego is going to be a great time. Looking forward to hearing about everything.

12. MarasBlade

MarasBlade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    Well I'm off to comic-con. This is the first chance I've had to get on the computer since before I went to Pittsburgh. Dale, I'll get as many cards for you as I can. Will tell everyone all about it when we get home. Talk to you guys later!
    Susan

13. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Man I wish I was going. My friend from Spain is flying over for it also. She left two days ago. Looks like it is going to be a blast. Have fun, and take lots if pics. Talk to you when you get back.

14. MarasBlade

MarasBlade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    Hi everyone! I'm back from comic-con-finally. I had such an amazing time-so much to see and do. I can't wait to tell you all about it. I should have my pictures back today. Oh and the best part-I brought back presents for everyone! Hopefully we can get together soon!
    Susan

15. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    Here is coverage from GH:
    http://www.galactichunter.com/sdcomiccon04/

This event was overwhelming, and incredible. Glad I got to go. I am on tired SW fan!

16. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Sounds like you both had a great time. I cant wait to see pics and hear the stories. I think we are doing midnight bowling this Saturday, Melanie is setting it up. Either way I say we all get together sometime this weekend.

Dale

17. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    Darn you people with your jobs, paychecks, drivers licences, and cars! The youth of america is suffering due to they're lack of comiccon and fanforce meetings! I cant wait to hear about your trip. I'm sure it was EXTREMLY eventful and very exciting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.