San Diego, CA San Diego FanForce Goes to the Movies - Summer 2010

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthBrian, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    We're going to handle the summer movie events a bit different this year. Last year we had issues where people didn't know if they could go to the movie at the time the thread was posted. This meant the group was split up into multiple screens or it was sold out entirely and some people were left out. So this year I'm going to provide a list of all the movies we could potentially see this summer at midnight screenings.

In some cases there might be screenings as early as 8pm the previous day. Iron Man had 8pm screenings a couple years ago so I'm assuming Paramount might do the same thing this year. If the concensus is to see it at 8pm, we will need people to wait in line as early as possible as lines for some films start to form pretty early in the morning. For example, the line for Iron Man 2 will probably start at noon or earlier (probably earlier). In cases such these, when you sign up, say if you can volunteer to stand in line and how early you can get there. Right now the only one I'm really worried about is Iron Man 2, but it's possible there could be big lines for Prince of Persia, A-Team, and Last Airbender.

Below is a list of the summer films that I expect to be the big draws this summer. When you reply to the thread, list all the movies you want to see whether or not you know you can go to it or not. When I have as complete a list as possible and a showtime has been determined, I and my army of clones will buy tickets for everybody to make sure we get in the same screening. If at some point you determine you can't go, I'll get a refund for your ticket. If you do go to the film, we'll make arrangements to provide payment for the ticket. If you can't pay me (or my clone army) back the night of the screening, we'll work something out.

The bottom line here is that this should be fun as a group. And the bigger the group the better the fun. Any questions, please ask.

Since these boards won't let me update this thread indefinitely, I will have to hope a mod/admin will keep this thread updated. The list will be kept on our private boards here as well.

Thanks. :)

LIST OF SUMMER MOVIES 2010

Dates listed are when the movie opens in theaters. The midnight (or earlier) screening will be the night before this date.

In cases where two films are listed for the same day, the movie with the most sign-ups will be the film we see that night.

April

Kick-ass (April 16th) trailer

May

Iron Man 2 (May 7th) trailer

Robin Hood (May 14th) trailer

Shrek Forever After (May 21st) trailer

Prince of Persia (May 28th) trailer

June

A-Team (June 11th) trailer

Toy Story 3 (June 18th) trailer

July

Last Airbender (July 2nd) trailer

Predators (July 7th) trailer

Despicable Me (July 9th) trailer

Inception (July 16th) trailer

The Sorcerer's Apprentice (July 16th) trailer

August

The Expendables (August 13th) trailer

Scott Pilgrim vs The World (August 13th) [link=http://trailer
  2. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Definitely just keep tabs in one thread, and it's probably easier to just do it on our private boards since you have the ability to edit your own post over there. ;)

Also, it's a great idea, Brian. Thanks for doing this!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.