main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego International Comic Con July 22nd - 25th!

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    http://www.comic-con.org

Who all is coming to Comic Con this year? Comic Con 2004 will be THE PLACE for Star Wars this year.

From StarWars.com:

Star Wars and Comic-Con International have been interwoven since sci-fi fans at the convention were first introduced to what would become Star Wars: A New Hope way back in the summer of 1976. This July, Lucasfilm and many of its licensees will make San Diego Comic-Con the place for Star Wars fans to be July 21 - 25, 2004.

The space saga will star in the huge Lucasfilm Star Wars pavilion, planned for the very front row in Hall D at the San Diego Convention Center. Convention attendees can purchase Hasbro's 2004 limited-edition silver-painted sandtrooper action figure, which will be available at the pavilion each day while supplies last. A host of Lucasfilm licensees will be showing off what's new in the Star Wars galaxy, with many offering exclusives and promotions created especially for Comic-Con. StarWarsShop.com will be open for business in the pavilion, too, offering select items from inventory.

Thursday evening at Comic-Con, Star Wars fans can enjoy the works of promising filmmakers competing in the third annual Star Wars Fan Film Awards. One talented filmmaker will bring home the top prize, the George Lucas Selects award, chosen by the director himself. There will be other awards, and special entertainment during the award ceremony, too. Hopeful contestants can go to www.starwars.atomfilms.com for entry details.

Friday is Star Wars day at Comic-Con, featuring seminars on everything Star Wars from toys and collectibles to books, and comics. Lucasfilm is planning Star Wars events for Kids' Day on Sunday, too.

On Saturday, Steve Sansweet, the Head of Fan Relations at Lucasfilm, will share a glimpse Inside Star Wars Episode III. In addition to looking ahead to the movie, Sansweet will talk about the release of the original Star Wars trilogy on DVD this September, as well as other events and Star Wars news. Fans won't want to miss this special presentation, as Sansweet has been known to throw in a surprise or two just for Comic-Con visitors.

Saturday night, the Masquerade will offer the first-ever award from Lucasfilm for the best Star Wars costume. The costumer chosen by the judges to have the best attire from the Star Wars galaxy will receive a high-end licensed item as a prize. A hint: the prize ties together the upcoming Episode III with the original trilogy.

2. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    YES, I'll be there!

Made my plans when a certain NW Science Fiction (and Star Wars) author told his step-daughter, who is in our group, that THIS is the the year to attend ComicCon! He wouldn't say why, but that was enough for me!

There are at least 8-10 of us from Seattle, most of whom will be on the same flight Wednesday morning.

In addition to Star Wars (OF COURSE), we have a Hogwarts group.

Hogwarts 8

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    /\ I recognize Depot and Beth in that pic. Very cool! If you need anything while down here, or to be picked up at the airport etc., just let me know. :)

4. Amaryllis

Amaryllis Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2004
    I'll be there! Still debating which costume to do...either Padme's Rainbow Dress or Picnic Dress, and definately some LOTR Arwen gowns, too. Who knows ^_^

Anyone else going in costume? That's my favorite part, to be honest ^_~

5. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    I'll be attending.

6. MarasBlade

MarasBlade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    I'll be there! Can't wait!

7. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    I actually got the whole week off of work to be there the whole time and not rush down on Wed and then rush back home on Saturday night to be back to work on Sunday morning...So now I can get excited about it. But yes I will be enjoying every minute of it :)

8. TDHArtist

TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis star 4 VIP

Dec 31, 2000
    I'll be there in Artist Alley.

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Here is an updated list of SW celebs attending Comic Con as of today (of course this is always subject to change):

BILLY DEE WILLIAMS (Lando)
    IRVIN KIRSHNER (ESB Director)
    MICHONNE BOURRIAGUE (Aurra Sing)
    SHANNON McRANDLE (Mara Jade)
    AMY ALLEN (Aayla Secura)
    JAKE LLOYD (young Anakin Skywalker)
    DANIEL LOGAN (young Boba Fett)
    RAY PARK (Darth Maul)
    PETER MAYHEW (Chewbacca)
    CARRIE FISHER (Princess Leia)
    KENNY BAKER (R2-D2)

Plus there is talk of a surprise unknown guest on Saturday, rumors have it that it will be Natalie Portman or George Lucas... of course those are rumors.

10. AnakinsAngel4

AnakinsAngel4 Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2004
    Hi, I've read on a link from theforce.net that Mark Hamill is attending courtesy of C2-Ventures. There are autograph coupons that can be picked up ahead of time, so you don't have to wait in long lines. Also, Mark is only autographing the C2-Ventures' 8'x 10" photos that their providing.

This is the second convention that I'm attending;the first was in Madison,WI and I loved that. I can't wait to get to this one. I'll also be attending C3.

11. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Hi all! I'm from Vegas and am planning on being there next Friday. 2002 was my first ComicCon. Hope to visit the really cool San Diego Fan Force folks.

TDH! I'll be sure to make it a priority to come visit you. Love the Aayla art. Congrats on the Topps SW Heritage work.

btw, anybody there have a blue Coruscant Guard outfit? Never seen anybody wear one yet... I just think its an awesome costume is all!

12. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Hope to visit the really cool San Diego Fan Force folks.

I hope everyone that goes comes to visit us. We will be located in booths 130-134 which is the far right-hand wall (WEST SIDE) of the dealer floor. We will be giving away a basket of Star Wars prizes daily. We are also next to the 501st/Rebel Legion and Parksabers.com.

13. TDHArtist

TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis star 4 VIP

Dec 31, 2000

I was told I'll be in JJ-05

14. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    I'll be there. I'll check out the SDSWS booth.

15. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    MJF, the SWSDS, 501st, and RL booths won't be too hard to find (hopefully)but knowing the actual booth/table #s beforehand is still nice :)

TDH, I'll be there to bother you. j/k

I'll also visit the OCSWS booth too.

16. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Lucky buggers. :mad:

Now post the pics, for those of us less fortunate to attend!!! ;) :D

17. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Photos are organized by day in
    JediKai photos

I'm still working on the uploads as my high speed access via comcast cable modem is not performing very well at the moment!

Edit: 8/1/04: All days are up. If you look in the description of each album, I have my diary from each day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.