main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA San Diego International Comic Convention!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Jul 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Is anyone from this area coming down for the San Diego International Comic Convention? The SDSWS (San Diego Star Wars Society) FanForce, and the 501st/Rebel Legion will have tables set up on the main floor in Hall A, on "Fan Club Island." We will be giving away a basket full of prizes each day in our daily prize drawing. Come over to our table to enter and win.

Also, we have confirmed several Star Wars actors to sit at our tables. Dennis, the Stars agent, has guaranteed that Kenny Baker, Michonne Bouriague, Jerome Blake, and two other stars will be signing at OUR tables. I believe the stars will not be signing anywhere else. So in order to get autographs, people will have to come to our tables at the comic con! If you are coming to the Comic con or can donate time to work the tables, let me know. You might be sitting next to one of the stars!

Comic Con

Obey Wann and I are trying to raise money to have a Fan Force banner made. The banner will be shared by all the Fan Force chapters and sent to the various FanForce chapters prior to them having an event. 60,000 people come to the San Diego International Comic Con each day. People from all over the world will be coming. That is a LOT of exposure. Also, people will be lining up to get autographs from the stars signing at our tables, and while lined up they will see the banner and can be given information about FanForce.

After the comic con, the banner can then be sent to the next group representing FanForce at a major convention. I think it would be cool also to mark in indelible ink on the back of the banner, every place the banner has traveled. It would be really cool when I get the banner back next year for next years comic con, to see that it has traveled to all the Fan Forces around the world! So please donate some money, as I am, to help buy this banner for Fan Force. Even if you can paypal just $1 over to the banner fund, it would help out a lot. I myself sent out $29 tonight. The paypal account to send donations for the banner is blackburnw@wwdb.org.

Thanks and hope to see you in San Diego! August 1st-4th!

2. PunkJr

PunkJr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2001
    I'm coming down with a few of my fellow troopers. ;)

We're going to be there Wednesday afternoon!

3. Jedi_Jacen

Jedi_Jacen Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2000
    Bring me back something nice! ;)

4. DarthNoll

DarthNoll Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2002
    I am one of the aforementioned Troopers. Can't wait! Visit Home, go to a fun Con AND wear armor! woo hoo If I've got any $ left I'll paypal it for the banner. That's a great idea. :D

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    ^Beth, we have to make time to get our "Smoothie!" Oh, I am trying to get armor before the con, but it doesn't look like I'll have it in time... *sob* *sniff*

6. Blue_wolf

Blue_wolf Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2002
    Demented Trooper #2... UGH... MUST... GET... SLEEP... This is going to be interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.