main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA San Diego Star Wars Society On The Radio This Morning!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, May 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Myself and a few others will be in the studio of Magic 92.5 radio station this morning (from 7:30am - 8:30am tentatively) promoting the San Diego Star Wars Society, and talking about Star Wars in general. The radio station admitted they will be playing "Devils Advocate" and trying to portray us as geeks etc. so we will be on our toes. Hopefully we won't come off sounding like idiots! One thing good about the radio is, if I do end up sounding like an idiot, at least no one knows what I look like. hehe Hopefully we will get a lot of new members out of this. A few of us are also "working" the San Diego Premier of AOTC (in costume) at 7pm at a local theatre. We will be promoting the San Diego Star Wars Society there as well.

Wish us luck... er... scratch that... who needs luck when you have the Force! ;)

2. TK-1178

TK-1178 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2002
    I'm listening AND recording it right now!!! :) great job you 2!!! :)

Jeff

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    The radio station went very "easy" on us I thought. They were nice enough to give us cassette tapes of the show as well. They threw a curve ball at us when they asked Brendan and I to play "Battle of the Sexes" against each other. They asked Brendan, a professional Chef some cooking questions! No Fair! Thank goodness I knew that Regis Philbin's wife name was Joy because I am NOT a sports fan and have NEVER seen Hudson Hawk! I guess I'll have to go rent that movie sometime. They didn't let us plug the San Diego Star Wars society as much as I had hoped but I did get to mention the website, so hopefully we will get some new members from this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.