main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Francisco Giants

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by BarryBonds25, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarryBonds25

BarryBonds25 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2003
    This is the thread to discuss my beloved San Francisco Giants. Please feel free to discuss any and all goings on related to the team here.

2. StarWarsFreak444

StarWarsFreak444 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 28, 2005
    The San Fransisco Giants rocks! They are a great team!

3. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    I don't hate Barry Bonds.

According to all non-Giants fans, there's something wrong with me. :p

4. BarryBonds25

Nov 26, 2003
    There is something wrong with you, but it's that you root for the Arizona Diamondbacks and NOT the Giants. That's all. :p

5. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    ahem... and when was the last time the Giants won the world series?

:p

I've got that over all other teams except the Angels, Marlins, Red Sox, White Sox and Cardinals.

6. BarryBonds25

Nov 26, 2003
    It SHOULD have been 2002. ******* Angels. Bunch of homoerotic monkey lovers. If Robb Nen's shoulder was healthy the Giants WOULD have won Game 6 and I wouldn't have contemplated suicide that night. Once the Giants lost Game 6 in Anaheim having been up 5-0 with 6 outs to go, there was no way the Giants were going to come back in a Game 7.

7. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    You're rooting for a team based in San Francisco and you're calling other teams homoerotic?

:p

8. BarryBonds25

Nov 26, 2003
    Yes, they had a homosexual love for a monkey on their scoreboard. Don't question me, son!

9. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jedi_Master_Ron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2006
    Giants haven't picked up anyone, they were looking at Pierre but he went to the Dodgers. There aren't going to be any good players left if they keep this up.

10. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2006
    lol how a couple of good weeks can change this thread. Zito, Klesko, Aurilia, almost everyone's there now. Oh, and Barry too, I guess should be mentioned. :p

Go Giants!

11. Clonuscant

Clonuscant Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    I thought the 126 million deal for Zito was a bit of a desperate move, if you ask me... but who knows, the Giants have needed a really good pitcher for years.

12. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Jason Schmidt wasn't a really good pitcher?

13. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jan 29, 2006
    Yeah, that's a bit much, though I like the fact that Zito's a Giant, they paid more for him than they did for Bonds (18 million a year). He's still a good pick-up though.

14. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2006
    Well, he was good, and a fan favorite, but the Giants were looking for a bonafide ace. Schmidt just wasn't the perfect fit.

15. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jan 29, 2006
    I'm really pleased with the Giants roster this season. I like the Zito pick-up, Aurillia's an okay pick-up as well, Bonds is back, we got Ortiz, and Molina. Though in my opinion, our best pick-up was Dave Roberts, we've gone a while without a solid, speedy lead-off hitter, and Roberts is one of the best on the bases as well. He has playoff experience as well as World Series experience with the Red Sox, and is a solid outfielder (which the Giants need). We have a good starting rotation with Lowry, Cain, Zito, Morris and Ortiz. All that's left is to get rid of Benitez and possibly nab a new closer, other than that, the Giants seem to have a shot at the playoffs this year.

16. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    The Dodgers and the Padres are just too much of a dominating force in the NL West for the Giants to get a play off spot. NL West is probably the toughest NL division.

Barry Zito wasn't worth the money but it was a smart move to get him.

17. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jan 29, 2006
    Well, we'll have to see then. I feel the Giants have a shot this year, the Dodgers are a much better team this year as well, though I like the Giants line-up, all they really need is a closer, and that's a fairly large problem for them, as they have no means of getting rid of Benitez.

Also, I forgot about Lincecum, I'm really anxious to see how he does in the major leagues, he was a great pitcher for the Huskies, and I thought that bringing him up to the majors was a good choice for the Giants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.