San Fran, CA San Jose Holiday Parade 12/7/03

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by padme_skywalkr, Sep 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padme_skywalkr 1st Chapter Rep San Francisco Fan Force

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    Hi everybody! We would like to invite you to come out & support the 501st! We will be marching in this parage which includes the Golden Gate & Central California Garrisons. Come out & have some fun. If you cant make it...it will be televised! Here is the information that is posted on: www.sanjoseholidayparade.com/

The SAN JOSE HOLIDAY PARADE, considered one of the "TOP 25" PARADES IN AMERICA by the International Festivals and Events Association, is ready to step off the holiday season in Northern California! The San José Holiday Parade, the largest parade of its kind in Northern California, and one of the largest in the state, is ready to usher in the holidays with its giant helium balloons, over two dozen marching bands, creative floats, dozens of specialty units, clowns and Santa Claus.

This year's parade is preparing to entertain millions of people on Sunday, December 7, 2003, beginning at 8:30 a.m. and televised live at 9:00 A.M. The 22nd Annual SAN JOSE HOLIDAY PARADE will feature the theme "Unwrap the Joy" and will showcase over 100 entries with 5,000 marchers including giant soaring helium balloons, top marching bands, colorful floats, drill teams, equestrians, clowns, and special guest celebrities!

The parade will step off on Santa Clara Street and Delmas Avenue, near the HP Pavilion, at 8:30 a.m. proceeding east on Santa Clara Street. It will turn right on Market Street marching south past Plaza De Cesar Chavez Park and ending at San Carlos Street.
  2. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Sounds like fun, Chanel! I'm definitely there. BTW, is it strictly 501st, or is RL involved too?
  3. padme_skywalkr 1st Chapter Rep San Francisco Fan Force

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    Marching in the parade? Strictly 501st....with cannon costumes Im sure since this will be televised. You know how that goes!
  4. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Sounds cool, Rogue Six maybe up for that since that's his neck of the woods. I'd like to check it out as well, the 501st are cool folks, and for the cost of armor I think they deserve to be televised. :)
  5. padme_skywalkr 1st Chapter Rep San Francisco Fan Force

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    I guess I should let you in on the joke...At Comic Con, we were filmed for the Lucas Fan Film Awards...They said costumes had to be cannon to participate....The only thing that wasnt "cannon" a.k.a. movie accurate was then fact I had buckles on my shoes. So at 1am in the morning I was cutting the threads off my (favorite) leather boots so the buckles would be no more....
    So when we all arrive to the show...I notice that alot of rebels were very uncannon...boy was I pissed....but I got over it quickley...:) so anyway my above comment was suppose to be typed sacastically...lol
  6. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    lol wow... cut off the buckles on your shoes huh? Leave it up to Chanel to go the extra mile for movie accuracy hehe... That's cool though. Still it would be nice to have the Rebel Legion in that mix.
  7. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I just started a forum for a group of people in San Jose who wish to start a fanforce chapter, so I am going to steal this thread and post it there. ;) Hopefully this new group can be official by the time this event rolls around, and your two groups can have many joint events. :D
  8. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Cool stuff Linda,
    A couple folks down in SJ I know of would be interested. I'll let them know.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.