main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA San Jose Holiday Parade 12/7

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Nov 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Taken from a post Chanel had written:

San Jose Holiday Parade 12/7/03
    Date Posted: 9/3 10:37am
    Subject: San Jose Holiday Parade 12/7/03

Hi everybody! We would like to invite you to come out & support the 501st! We will be marching in this parage which includes the Golden Gate & Central California Garrisons. Come out & have some fun. If you cant make it...it will be televised! Here is the information that is posted on: www.sanjoseholidayparade.com/

The SAN JOSE HOLIDAY PARADE, considered one of the "TOP 25" PARADES IN AMERICA by the International Festivals and Events Association, is ready to step off the holiday season in Northern California! The San José Holiday Parade, the largest parade of its kind in Northern California, and one of the largest in the state, is ready to usher in the holidays with its giant helium balloons, over two dozen marching bands, creative floats, dozens of specialty units, clowns and Santa Claus.

This year's parade is preparing to entertain millions of people on Sunday, December 7, 2003, beginning at 8:30 a.m. and televised live at 9:00 A.M. The 22nd Annual SAN JOSE HOLIDAY PARADE will feature the theme "Unwrap the Joy" and will showcase over 100 entries with 5,000 marchers including giant soaring helium balloons, top marching bands, colorful floats, drill teams, equestrians, clowns, and special guest celebrities!

The parade will step off on Santa Clara Street and Delmas Avenue, near the HP Pavilion, at 8:30 a.m. proceeding east on Santa Clara Street. It will turn right on Market Street marching south past Plaza De Cesar Chavez Park and ending at San Carlos Street.

So... Are we still going for this?

2. Jazmachine

Jazmachine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2003
    My sister and I will probably be there. We can maybe meet up with you all before and get a spot together.

3. Hand-Schaub

Hand-Schaub Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2003
    Depending on a ride, I may be there as well. It would be nice to meet up with some of you under brighter circumstances.

4. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I'd like to go and also see some friends in SJ. HEY ROGUE SIX CHECK IN! =p

5. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I told Chanel I'd be there with her for this, and I'm keeping that promise.

6. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    8:30am... on a Sunday... I'm in, though I just need to wake up and get a ride over.

7. Jazmachine

Oct 24, 2003
    Some of us might meet up early and grab some Starbucks and bagles if anyone wants to join.

8. The_Sith_Mistress

The_Sith_Mistress Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    Yeah! By that Mike means like around 7 or 6:30 tee hee.

But! Hopefully we can save some good seats since it is limited :) Let us know!

9. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    MIng, I can give you a ride, but it'd have to be REALLY early, since, if I'm going to be IN the parade, I need to be suited up by 8:30 a.m.!

10. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Ok Cool, Thanks Matt! So what were talking being up at like 6:30 or so? Man, I should just stay up all night! :p

11. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    and I did stay up all night as it turned out! ;) Man I'm tired... but it was a great parade! Alright anyone else who wants TIE Pilot armor let me know I talked to the Co of the GGG (Golden Gate Garrison) and he said he can make us the armor for around $75 I think it was... I'll double check later. So I know Matt, Robert, Erick and myself would like to get some. Stang, this is turning into a Imp Fighter Squadron... lol! Anyway, let me know. =) This offer does not include helmet which can be found on Ebay for around $50 for the Don Post +$10-20 S&H.

Furthermore the GGG has extended an offer to for some of us to participate in a parade in Feburary in which they can also help us with any Imperial or Rebel costuming needs along with providing us with other costuming services such as props and costume modifications. The main guide lines is that the outfit needs to be accurate to a character from the SW films and no toy props like Hasbro or Rubies lightsabers. Also just for good measure, no drunkeness *looks in Qui Gon John's direction*. :p lol

12. Jazmachine

Oct 24, 2003
    Great job at the parade today guys! It was fun

Hmmm....Tie Fighter armor? Maybe I'll work on that costume first. I'll take a set of Tie armor!

13. The_Sith_Mistress

The_Sith_Mistress Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    My mom wanted me to be a TIE fighter. After she saw Chanel's costume and saw my pics of encounters with the 501st she LOVES the costumes. But I was talking to my friend and he said my head was too big for the don post mask. :) Does anyone know the circumference of the mask?

Ooh! I want to march in a parade!Maybe if I make a good Jocasta Nu costume...MAN! Watching you guys made me all excited! I was totally bouncing and screaming! Good job guys!:) 501st does it with style! Oh! And whichever bikerscout that was holding the ewok's head YOU ROCK!!!!

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    This weekend was really fun. I was kind of nervous, being it was the first two REAL events in costume since joining the 501st. I know Chanel wanted me, and you guys to be there. We planned on walking side by side with Ian, playing Vader, and recreate the shot where Vader's wingmen accompany him to fight in the Battle Of Yavin. By wearing her armor, and carrying her picture though, she was. I remember her being Storm for the X2 premiere. Maybe she helped in keeping the rain away? You never cease to amaze me, Chanel!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.