main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Sanctuary of Time (Obi-Wan, Anakin, Jaina, Ben) A/N 2/28

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AngelofDarkness, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngelofDarkness

AngelofDarkness Jedi Master star 2

Aug 25, 2002
    This idea has been in the works for a while, thanks to some help from Jedi-Princess-Solo when I got stuck or my brain went on strike, and I've finally got enough of it written to start posting :) The story will be mostly set in the Clone Wars era, with "flashbacks" into the post-NJO timeframe, but it will focus around Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jaina Solo and Ben Skywalker.

Originally, I'd posted this in the Beyond the Saga, but decided it was better suited to be posted here instead.

[b]Ossus: 32 ABY[/b]

The explosion rocked the chamber.

Stumbling, Danni Quee grabbed onto the edge of the console in front of her, using it to keep herself from being knocked off her feet, and gritted her teeth against the roaring in her ears as the world around her shook.

Alarms shrieked in the air, shrill and piercing, and warning lights flashed all around the room.

She didn't need to look at the display screen to know that they were starting to lose power, through the Force she could feel it beginning to drain away as the siege upon the small base continued, battering their meager defenses and shorting out their generators.

They were running out of time.

Focusing her attention on the control panel, Danni frantically tried to assess whether they had enough power to go through with it or not. The energy bars were dwindling, and at an alarming rate, but if they did it now, there was still a chance that it might work.

A very slim chance, but a chance nonetheless.

"Danni?"

At the sound of her name, Danni looked up at the woman on the other side of the room, who was staring back at her with a grim expression. She was younger than Danni, who was still relatively young herself, but her eyes were hard and old beyond her years, a testament to the harsh galaxy they lived in.

Knowing what the younger woman's unspoken question was, Danni pressed her lips into a thin line.

"I can't guarantee that it will work," she told her bluntly, meeting the other woman's dark gaze evenly. "I thought we'd have more time, but they discovered us faster than I'd anticipated and their attack has already begun to endanger the device. We're losing power fast and there's no telling what might happen."

"But there's a chance?"

"There's a chance," Danni agreed somberly. "A very small, narrow, almost nonexistent chance."

"Then we have to do it, it's worth the risk. Besides," the other woman smiled faintly, a smile tinged with bitterness. "It's not like we have anything to lose, they're about to come through the doors."

Danni didn't bother to deny that, they both knew it was only a matter of minutes, or less, before the enemy was upon them.

The others could only hold them off for so long, and they'd already managed to buy them more time than she would have believed possible, with just a handful of them against such overwhelming numbers.

"We have to do it now, then," she said shortly. "Get ready."

Not needing to be told twice, the dark-haired woman moved in front of the platform, bending down to lift the small child at her side into her arms and whispering soothing words of comfort to ease the little boy's frightened tears. He buried his face into her shoulder, so that all Danni could see was a mop of reddish gold hair.

[i]This is going to be so hard for him,[/i] Danni thought, her heart aching for the child. [i]He won't understand.[/i]

But it was the only way.

Checking the diagnostics display one more time, just to make sure they were still drawing on the power source for the energy necessary to power the machine, Danni gestured with her hand urgently.

"Onto the platform," she ordered quickly. "There's not much time."

"There never is," her compatriot pointed out darkly.

She tossed a large pack, filled with personal affects and supplies that included several lightsabers, though her own was clipped to her belt, onto the platform before climbing up herself with the boy in her arms. He was trying so hard to be brave even as his lower lip trembled and the wet streaks on his chee

2. Jaya_Skywalker

Jaya_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2004
    Wow, this is really interesting so far- heh, it's going to be amusing to see the reactions of certain past Jedi when those two arrive :p ;)

3. Darth_Kinwon

Darth_Kinwon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2004
    Saw that you moved it, so I'll just c/p my r/r here.

I take it that the Vong have pretty much wiped out the galaxy by this point? Wonder what happened, what went wrong to make the GFFA lose the war.

Poor Obi-Wan, though... three Skywalkers to put up with at once, that's gotta be enough to drive him insane [face_mischief]

4. jedi-solo-fel

jedi-solo-fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 27, 2002
    In the blink of an eye, Danni went to join the rest of her kind, becoming one with the Force.

The last of the Jedi.
    :( How sad, the Jedi are gone.

Ooh, the Ossus wormhole... lol, haven't heard that mentioned in a long time. It certainly is a unique idea, I like it :D

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Very cool idea! I can't wait to see where you go with this. But I liked Danni, and I'm sorry to see her gone. Poor Ben, an orphan? Oh no! :(

Looking forward to more!

6. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    I'm liking this fic very much, very interesting and attracting with the characters. Keep it up, I'll keep my eye on this.

7. Sword-of_the-Jedi

Sword-of_the-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    Very cool :D

Poor Ben- just a kid and time-traveling, and w/o parents... but he's got Jaina, at least, although she's an orphan, too, isn't she? Poor S/S family- they always get the short end of the deal.

8. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    Very nice! I think the possiblities here are almost endless, and you've done a great job with it.

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    A very powerful begining, AoD. :)

10. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    I'm not quite sure what drew me in to reading this story, but I'm glad I did. In fact, I was so intrigued I followed it over from the Beyond the Saga board. :D

I really liked how it was from Danni's pov and as a reader I was thrown into the action right away. And although I wonder what happened to lead to this point, there was just enough info to understand they were in trouble and something important was at stake.

Looking forward to the next post. :)

11. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Oooh, this looks interesting. :)

12. Goddess-of-Trickery

Goddess-of-Trickery Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    The future is a dark, scary place these days, huh? I hope Jaina and Ben can change it, make everything better, but I have a feeling it won't be easy [face_plain]

13. JainaSoloSkywalker

JainaSoloSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2002
    This is gonna be good :D Great idea, Angel, I'm settling in for the long read.

14. Kenwalker

Kenwalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2004
    Another promising fic, AoD :)

Nice premise, and your writing is always wonderful, so I'll be checking back for more ;)

15. Jedi_Bubbles

Jedi_Bubbles Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Wow, this is good. I can honestly say I have never seen anything like this. When's there gonna be more?

Err... That was blunt. Sorry 'bout that.

16. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    Until recently, I firmly believed there was no such thing as a good time traveller fic. Severaal people have been proving me wrong, and I'm happy to say, you're one of those people ;)

Wow! I can't wait for your next part, and see what happens when Ben and Jaina get back then. i also want to see those flash-backs to find out what happened in the NJO era to kill all the jedi like that.

17. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Time travel is a very difficult plot device, because you can end up with annomalies (as shown in Back To The Future). But this fic shows promise! I look forward to more!

18. DarthJaina

DarthJaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    Very cool so far :D This should be loads of fun!

19. Jedi_Jaina_Fel

Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Poor Danni, what a way to go out :(

This looks really interesting, I like it. I can't wait to see the flashbacks, I am dying to know what happened in the NJO era.

20. SkyBlazer

SkyBlazer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2004
    I like this a lot so far :) I'm happy you've got another fic going, Single Thread is one of my all-time favorites :D

21. Trickster_Goddess

Trickster_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    Very cool beginning :D Wow, I don't know what intrigues me more, the chance of Jaina and Ben changing things, and interacting with members of their family that they never knew, or finding out what the heck happened in the future for everything to get so bad [face_plain] I'll be watching for a new update ;)

22. JediPrincess83

JediPrincess83 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2003
    If the future was always in motion, who was to say that the past wasn't, as well?

He he, I love that line :) This sounds like it's going to be really good, I'm excited for more :D

23. Vaders_Granddaughter

Vaders_Granddaughter Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    Oh, I will definitely be reading this one :)

What happened, I wonder, with the Vong to lead to the extinction of the Jedi, the destruction of the galaxy, and Jaina and Ben deciding to time-hop as a last restort to save the galaxy?

24. Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    I like it so far! :) Send me a PM when you update, Angel ;)

25. Skarlaya

Skarlaya Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2004
    Looks like the Vong won, that's never a good thing [face_worried] And now Jaina and Ben, the only survivors, have gone back in time to try and change things so that the galaxy will be better prepared, I assume? Boy, talk about a heavy job :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.