main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Sanctuary of Time (Obi-Wan, Anakin, Jaina, Ben) A/N 2/28

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AngelofDarkness, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
  2. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Could we have a new post soon? Please!

Great story! Please keep it comming! :D

3. FORCEBlLADE

FORCEBlLADE Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 2, 2003
    Yeah, this is a really good fic!

4. AngelofDarkness

AngelofDarkness Jedi Master star 2

Aug 25, 2002

Confederacy Testing Facility, Ossus

It was a whole different galaxy from the one she knew.

But then again, the galaxy that she had grown up in was different from the one she knew, as well, because once the Yuuzhan Vong had come, nothing had ever been the same.

Still, it was strange to see life on a planet that she knew to be devoid of it.

Through the Force, Jaina Solo was intently aware of her surroundings, of every blade of grass crinkling beneath her boots, of the wind ruffling at her hair as it flowed downward from the mountain range, but most of all the way the planet's every breath teemed with life.

It was different in the future.

Ossus as she'd last seen it, just before Danni had sent her through the wormhole, had been a graveyard.

The Yuuzhan Vong had decimated the villages and colonies there, even the Knossa Spaceport, in their mad quest to completely eradicate the Ysanna, just as they had done to the Fallanassi and the Jenasaari, the Aing-Tii and the Theran Listeners, the Sunesi and the Korrunai.

Any Jeedai, whether they were technically a Jedi or not, was an abomination in the eyes of the enemy.

For proof of that, there was no need to look any farther than Dathomir, and the horrible fate that had been dealt to both the Force witches from which Tenel Ka, the Queen Mother of Hapes and one of Jaina's closest friends, had been descended and their dark counterparts the Nightsisters.

This time around, though, Jaina thought with a surge of fierce determination. We'll be ready, we'll be prepared.

She would make certain of that if it was the last thing she ever did.

The hair on the back of her neck suddenly bristled, even as the Force tingled a warning, and Jaina dropped to the floor, flattening herself on the roof of the biotics building as a visual scanner droid hovered past.

After waiting several seconds to ensure it was past, she rolled to her feet.

As soon as she'd left Ben, safely hidden in the ruins of the Jedi Library, Jaina had set out in search of signs of the nearest Separatist base, and it hadn't taken her long to locate a droid patrol craft out scouting the area. Knowing it would return to base sooner or later, she'd followed it at a distance, keeping it in sight both visually and with the Force, and it had led her back to the base just as she'd expected.

The base itself was a fairly large facility, with at least a dozen buildings scattered through the complex, mostly consisting of research labs for developing new weapons, droid factories, and several sprawling warehouses that she suspected were used for storing the droids until they were deployed into the field.

Exactly the kind of target she'd been hoping to find.

Pushing off her feet, she made a Force-assisted jump across the divide between buildings, but instead of leaping for the roof of the hangar, Jaina let herself drop about two meters toward the open ventilation window along the duracrete wall.

Her fingers caught the edge of the window and she pulled herself upward and through in one fluid movement.

Perched in the window, palms pressed against the sides for balance, Jaina inspected the upper level of the hangar. A maze of crane tracks crisscrossed the ceiling overhead, and a service catwalk ran around the entire interior of the facility about a meter below the windows, overlooking the hangar floor below.

Time to find a ship, she thought grimly. And blow this joint before I'm seen.

As therapeutic as a little action would have been, Jaina knew that the sooner she got Ben off of Ossus and to safety the better, so she would have to avoid any confrontation if at possible.

Of course, if the Force willed it, she would be more than happy to oblige.

As Valin used to say whenever she suggested something dangerous, she had some serious adrenaline issues, and as far as Jaina could surmise it was entirely genetic.

No sense of self-preservation in a Skywalker, she could almost hear her father's exasperated groan. None at all.

Bu

lil_jaya likes this.
  5. Kinwon

Kinwon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2004
    Excellent, as always. Every post gives us more insight into what happened in the future, and now I'm eager to see how the first generation of Skywalkers react to the third generation.

6. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    WOHOO! Go Jaina!

No sense of self-preservation in a Skywalker
    Oh, so very true.

Compared to the Vong, the Separatists and their droid armies were downright friendly.
    I think she should tell someone this later. Like Obi-Wan or maybe Mace. It'd be a nice way of telling them exactly how bad the future is going to get.

Jaina, she told herself. You have got to stop provoking the Force.
    I love that line. So funny.

Wonderful addition, awaiting more as patiently as I can. Which isn't much. :)

7. jelly

jelly Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    Normally, I don't like time travel stories, but this one is going really well so far. Can't wait to see what happens when Jaina meets up with Gramps.

8. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Oooh, you are really amping up the suspense, here. I cannot wait for that meeting. It will epic, I'm sure. :D

I love Jaina's memories and thoughts of her family. It's so sad. I hope Ben, Anakin, Obi-Wan and herself can do something. So tell me...will we see Grandmother? [face_mischief]

9. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Jaina is certainly living up to her heritage. The upcoming meeting will be very interesting.

10. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Intriguing! I'd love to see where this one goes :)

11. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    "It's no Falcon," Jaina retorted as she lowered the ramp. "But it will do."

Ah, Han would be so proud ;)

Great post Rach! Nice clues about the future dropped, I can't wait to read more :D

~JPS~

12. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    great edition

I can't wait for Obi Wan and Anakins reactions to Ben and Jaina

more soon

13. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    Go Jaina!

Great post, I can't wait to see what happens next.

14. SkyBlazer

SkyBlazer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2004
    Great post, AoD! :D Family friends, huh? I can't wait for the next post, so we can find out what happens now :D

15. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    Excellent post.

I imagine Jaina would find the droids and the separatists particularly simple after fighting the Vong for so long. the Jedi of the NJO proved themselves particularly resilient in fighting off the Vong, and it makes you wonder what the Old Jedi order would ahve done with the Vong. But I don't really want to tempt the plot bunnies too much - I have far too many as it is.

Poor Ben, he's had to live with so many people leaving him. It's a wonder he's not even more traumatised than he is.

16. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    We're going to look up some old friends of the family
    I love it!!!

Compared to the Vong, the Separatists and their droid armies were downright friendly.
    I bet they are. ;)

What would you think of the mess I've gotten myself into this time, Aunt Mara?
    You put Jaina thinking about Mara! Now, this story is becoming interesting!

Mara's pride and joy.
    That's the Shadow!!!

I barely can wait for more. I almost can imagine Jaina telling Anakin and Padme: "Your only daughter married a smuggler and your son married an assassin turned smuggler who tried to kill him more than twice..." [face_laugh]

17. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Great post!!

Isn't that the truth. [face_plain]

Holding her lightsaber out in front of her with her right hand, Jaina reached to her left hip and removed the second lightsaber she kept on her belt, igniting it.

"All right," she murmured, bringing her brother's lightsaber up to join her own. "Let's see what you've got."

Woot! Go Jaina!! :cool: (Can't wait to see what Anakin thinks about his future granddaughter....)

It was one thing to throw her own fate to the wind, but she wouldn't gamble with his.

Mara had known that, of course.

[face_worried] *sniff*

Looking forward to more. :D

18. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    Great chapter--but sad! Poor Ben, worrying that Jaina might not come back! Makes you just want to hug him and give him chocolate. Nice action with Jaina and the droids--it must be a huge relief to be able to feel your enemies. Can't wait for more!

19. DarthJaina

DarthJaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    Jaina, she told herself. You have got to stop provoking the Force. [face_laugh] Great line!

The thing I love most about this story is how every post reveals more of the puzzle. It's addictive, and I'm dying to know everything, lol :p I can't wait for their arrival on Coruscant, it's really going to shake things up [face_mischief]

20. FORCEBlLADE

FORCEBlLADE Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 2, 2003
    Great. Simply great. Can't wait for the next post.

21. Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    Fantastic! :D There is so much to look forward to; Anakin and Jaina's meeting, Jaina finding out about Padme, the Jedi reacting to news of the future... I am so excited, I hope you post again soon.

22. Sword-of_the-Jedi

Sword-of_the-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    That ending was so bittersweet- poor Ben, he's so young and Jaina is all he has left :( I'm just glad they're heading to Coruscant and pressumably the Temple, where they'll be safe.

23. Trickster_Goddess

Trickster_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    It was one thing to throw her own fate to the wind, but she wouldn't gamble with his.

Mara had known that, of course.
    *sniffle* :(

Loved this post, it was great! :D I assume that Mara must have entrusted Jaina with Ben before her death, but I could be wrong, lol. I can't wait to find out what did happen in the future!

24. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Oooh. new post.
    fuller reply later.

Later:
    Somehow, though, she didn't think blowing up the entire complex was a good idea this time. {face_laugh] Bittersweet Han memory.

She and Ben, on the other hand, were quite attached to that little human quirk. :D These are such good one-liners. The humour probably helps Jaina deal with the pressure of the situation.

All her musings about her family were really nice. Its so strange to think that all of them are gone. But you did a great job of showing how her hope to see them again keeps her going.

For Ben, home began and ended with her. That's a heartbreaking concept.

Great post.

25. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    What a great story! Not only original, but so well written! I will write more later, but I am supposed to be correcting my daughter's term paper right now! [face_devil] I snuck in some computer time! Shhh, don't tell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.