Saga Sanctuary of Time (Obi-Wan, Anakin, Jaina, Ben) A/N 2/28

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AngelofDarkness, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. JainaSoloSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    Great post :D I can't wait to see Anakin's reaction to Jaina and Ben, that's going to be a disturbing meeting, lol :p ;)
  2. ViariSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Another excellent post. I am so anxious to see Anakin meet his grandchildren!
  3. pat_skywalker39 Force Ghost

star 2
  4. FORCEBlLADE Force Ghost

star 3
  5. astarael Jedi Knight

star 3
    I agree: We need an update!!!
  6. Vongchild Force Ghost

star 5
    *bangs on desk* UPDATE! UPDATE! :p
  7. jacen200015 Force Ghost

star 4
    Uppie up up. We need a posty! :D
  8. AngelofDarkness Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sorry about the lack of posting, loyal readers [face_blush] I've had a couple of very busy weeks... my boyfriend proposed, and ever since it's been chaos everywhere as our mothers are trying to take over my life to plan a wedding, lol :p

But I have good news! I took today off from work and classes so that I could relax from it all, which means that you should be getting a post up later this afternoon :D
  9. Koori Jedi Knight

star 3
    Congrats on the engagement. Try not to let the mothers take over the wedding too much. That happened to a friend of mine, and it nearly drove her mad. Remember its your wedding, not theirs. :)

Looking forward to an update.
  10. FORCEBlLADE Force Ghost

star 3
    Congratulations on your wedding. We'll be patient.
  11. AngelofDarkness Jedi Knight

star 2

Senatorial District, Coruscant

The galaxy was changing.

It was hard to believe sometimes that this was the same Coruscant he'd known three years ago.

But then again, the past three years had been long and weary for all concerned, with the Clone Wars raging and the Separatists threatening to dismantle the Republic at every turn.

Sometimes Bail Organa wondered how Palpatine did it.

The current Chancellor, who had been a senator before replacing Finis Valorum, was under enormous pressure from the Senate for a quick resolution to the war, all the while attempting to maintain some governmental control and direction over the war itself, with dozens of assassination attempts on his life occurring more and more frequently.

Bail did not envy him.

Still, that didn't mean that he was a supporter of the man, either.

Palpatine was a shrewd politician, concerned with staying in office, and that meant he might not have the best interest of the people at heart these days, as he had upon his election nearly fourteen years ago.

Gazing down at the city below, watching as clone troopers patrolled the different levels of Coruscant's bustling metropolis, Bail couldn't help wondering how Valorum might have handled the outbreak of the Separatist movement and the war that accompanied it.

Would things have been better under the former Chancellor?

Or would the Clone Wars have still become such a mess, bringing so much discord to the galaxy, even to the supposedly safe capitol world of Coruscant?

I should have stayed longer on Alderaan, Bail thought bitterly.

His visit home had been brief, and had done little to quell the ache in his heart. On the contrary, it had only made him appreciate the tranquil peace of his homeworld even more and miss it fiercely now that he had returned to the bustling, clinical backdrop of Coruscant.

Two weeks had not been nearly long enough to spend with his wife.

And the memory of her warm embraces, her tender kisses, was not enough to keep the dread at bay as he watched the Republic he loved continue to decay.

When had Coruscant changed so drastically?

And more importantly, how had he missed the changes taking place?

Clone troopers now patrolled every level of the city, and the only beings, regardless of status or position within the government, not stopped for identification checks were Jedi Knights, though there were few adult Jedi left on the capitol these days.

The rest were out among the galaxy, spread thin as they fought and died to preserve the Republic.

Bail's thoughts were often with them, particularly those that he had been fortunate enough to befriend during the past few years of the galactic conflict.

News of Obi-Wan Kenobi and his former Padawan Anakin Skywalker was always a welcome relief.

"You seem troubled."

And not just for himself.

Lifting his head, Bail turned to smile faintly at his fellow senator as Padmé Amidala joined him on the balcony. "The war weighs heavily upon me," he replied. "As it does us all."

Padmé sighed, moving to lean against the railing.

"I wish it would just end," she confessed wearily, eyes lowering. "I wish it was over and done with."

"With any luck, it will be soon enough," Bail replied gently.

The words were for her benefit more than anything, his optimism had begun to fade as of late in the face of the endless fighting, especially after his recent diplomatic envoy to the Outer Rim. Obi-Wan Kenobi had accompanied him on that mission, outfitted with his legion of clone troopers, and Bail had seen firsthand just how the war was pressing down on the Jedi Knights, who had been thrust into the role of soldiers.

It hadn't just been the war, though, his old friend had been plagued with worries for his newly Knighted Padawan, as well, the thought of his boy off facing the galaxy alone a daunting one.

And with a boy like Anakin Skywalker on his hands, Bail could understand the fatherly concern.

After all, with a reputation as the "Hero Without Fear", Anakin was notorious fo
  12. Skarlaya Jedi Knight

Padme and Bail- two for the price of one :D Nice scene, good to see what the mood on Coruscant is, and Padme's clearly missing her hubby badly.

And the Jaina bit was excellent! Not only did we get a teeny hint of what went wrong in the future (and a fragment flashback of Luke's death), the post ended with Yoda showing up! I can not wait for the next post now, to see what she tells him! :D
  13. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    congratulations on your engagement.

Nice seeing a POV by Bail. I think Padme is hiding more than her marriage at this point.

Poor Jaina, remembering all the horrible things that have happened and everyone dying around her. :( Her talk with Yoda should be very interesting indeed.
  14. Goddess-of-Trickery Jedi Knight

star 1
    Is Padme pregnant already? I think she is, probably several months along, he he- now that should be interesting :p ;)

So Jaina had grown hard, rough, like durasteel. She'd done ambiguous things in the name of survival, for the greater good of those around her.

She wasn't, she was all too aware, a very good Jedi.

Her skin bore the scars of war, displayed for all the galaxy to see, but it wasn't the scars on her hands or any of the others that she felt most keenly, rather the scars on the inside.

The ones that only the Force could perceive.
    :(

That was beautiful- poor Jaina, she's had such a hard life. The bit about her not thinking she's a very good Jedi just drove it home.
  15. astarael Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yay! A post!

Great stuff, so Yoda knows that Jaina isn't from around that era, does he?

Keep up the good work!
  16. Vongchild Force Ghost

star 5
    Hehehehe.... Yoda know's everything!!!!! Definately worth the wait!!!

Congrats!!!!
  17. Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Master

star 2
    Lol, I can't wait to see Jaina try and explain things to Yoda :p Great post! Congrats on the engagement :D
  18. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    What a great post! I also can't wait to see what happens when Jaina explains things to Yoda. But somehow, I think he'll believe her without too much effort on her part.

The first meeting between Anakin and Jaina and Ben should be VERY interesting.

I liked the information on Padme, very well done!

Looking forward to the next post!

And congratulations on the engagement! We solved that mom problem by eloping, LOL!
  19. Darth_Kinwon Jedi Master

star 1
    The gentle rebuke seemed to soothe Padmé's frayed nerves, for she merely nodded and looked out at the city once more, touching a hand to the carving hanging at her neck almost reverently. Bail gazed at her for a moment, aware of Mon Mothma's eyes likewise hovering over their younger contemporary, and watched as Padmé's expression grew distant, as if she was waiting for something.

Or someone.

Whatever it was that she was waiting for, Bail hoped that she found it again soon.
    Nice touch, having Bail's pov on her longing for Anakin- and the japper snippet is always a good idea to include ;)

I think that Yoda will be the easy part, lol- he's Yoda, he'll listen and believe her and be accepting of the situation. When she runs into Gramps, though, I get the feeling things won't run as smoothly.
  20. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    :eek: Awesome post! I'm so needing the next chapter after that cliffie!!!!

I loved the glimpse into the political stuff and the inclusion of Bail, Padme and Mon Mothma! I just got through with Labyrinth of Evil and this is like reading between the lines. Great job!!!

And Jaina, please hurry and find Grandpa!!!! :_| I cannot wait to see that scene!!!!
  21. Sword-of_the-Jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    Fantastic post, AoD! :D I can't wait for more ;)
  22. JediPrincess83 Jedi Master

star 1
    These days, she looked more like a smuggler than a Jedi.

A fact which her father would undoubtedly be infinitely proud of.
    He he, that's very true :p

Great post, I love it! The story gets better w/ each new update :D
  23. JainaSoloSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    Glad to see you updated- I was in withdrawal ;)

I think I spotted some hints that Padme is a bit pregnant in Bail's pov, he he. Little Skywalkers on the way, eh? [face_love] Jaina and Ben running into Yoda was to be expected, and yet it was a surprise just the same. The next post should be great :D
  24. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    great post I can't wait to see what Jaina tells Yoda

more and don't leave to too long ;)
  25. Solo_and_Fel Force Ghost

star 3
    Congrats, Angelof Darkness.

And thanks for updating.

her fingers absently toying with the chain about her neck, on which a small carving hung. Its that thing Anakin gave her in Episode I... the jasper thing.... can't remember the name.

All she had left was a handful of broken dreams and painful memories.
    You write such poignant stand-alone sentences.

Really good post. Got a glimpse of one of the things that went wrong in the future and a sort of cliffhanger ending. I thought Yoda was going to whack her with the stick for a moment, but I like his enigmatic response better though.
    :)
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.