main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Sanctuary of Time (Obi-Wan, Anakin, Jaina, Ben) A/N 2/28

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AngelofDarkness, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FORCEBlLADE

FORCEBlLADE Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 2, 2003
    Sorry if we're putting too much pressure on you when you've got mroe important things to think about.

Just post when you get the chance.

2. AngelofDarkness

AngelofDarkness Jedi Master star 2

Aug 25, 2002

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Silence hung over the room.

It was an endless sort of silence, full of gravity and weight.

There was no rushing this kind of thing, it was a matter that required both delicacy in its delivery and a flexible period of time for it to be comprehended, and so she merely waited.

Slivers of light poked through the covered windows, slanting across the tiled floor.

The room was small and plain, the walls and floor both a neutral gray, adding to the sterile feel of the environment, and the dimness of the room gave off a cool, meditative impression. It brought to mind the barren bunkrooms of the old Imperial base on Nirauan, where they'd briefly taken shelter from the Yuuzhan Vong.

Mom would hate it, Jaina Solo thought with a touch of bittersweet amusement.

In truth, she wasn't too fond of it herself.

She had known coming into this situation that the Jedi Order of the Old Republic had been very different from the Order that she'd been raised in, but she'd still been startled by how dull and bland the rooms were. She'd been expecting something more, or at the very least different, from the living quarters of the Grand Master of the Jedi Order, she supposed.

But the aforementioned Grand Master didn't seem to notice that his room resembled a medical facility more than a home, so she kept that observation to herself.

At the moment, Jaina was purposefully avoiding looking at Yoda.

It hadn't been easy to have this conversation, to say the things that needed to be said, things that would strike the diminutive Jedi Master as surely as if she'd just stabbed him in the chest with her lightsaber, and she didn't want to see the pain in his expression as he came to terms with the terrible fate awaiting his Order.

Mostly, though, she didn't want him to see the guilt in her own eyes.

Because as bad as the news she'd given him was, there was more that she was keeping from him, most of it even worse.

In the final days before Danni's success on Ossus, Jaina had struggled with how much to reveal to the Jedi once she made it to the past. There was so much that could change everything, and she had no idea how much they needed to know, and who needed to know what, but she was certain that she could not come right out and just unload every bit of knowledge she had into their laps.

The results could have been catastrophic.

Instead, she was playing a game of dejarik with the fate of the galaxy.

Picking and choosing which pieces to move at what moment, trying to plan out her moves several steps in advance, all the while taking into consideration every possible outcome of situation after situation.

You're talking about gambling with the lives of billions of beings, Jaina.

Not that she'd needed Tahiri to tell her that.

Jaina had been all too aware, from the moment the idea was first proposed as nothing but a hypothetical theory, of just what kind of risks it would entail. What the cost might be to everything and everyone she'd ever known, both on a personal level and on a broader scope.

Husbands and wives might never meet.

Children might never exist.

Victories that had secured peace and justice for so many might unravel.

Every action that she took or didn't take could have serious consequences on the future, could drastically change reality as she knew it.

Why, I might even unmake my own existence, Jaina mused wryly.

She tried not to dwell on that possibility, tried not to think about all the people whose lives she was meddling with and how easily she could screw things up for so many people without even realizing it. So many of her friends might never cross her path now, that is if any of them managed to be born at all after she changed the direction of the galaxy.

Would Tenel Ka's parents ever meet?

Would her own?

It was difficult not to think about all the thousands of ways that things could go wrong, but Jaina had long since made up her mind to let go of that responsibility and entrust it to the Force.

Ther

3. Trickster_Goddess

Trickster_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    Yay, you udated! :D

And that post was well worth the wait! Poor Jaina, poor Yoda... loved how Jaina is playing the game, she's the one in control and she let Yoda know it w/o going too far. So Yoda alone knows the full story about Anakin/Vader, only Jaina knows about Palpatine, and now she's going to keep her identity a secret? Wow, this is going to make things complicated, I imagine!

4. JuniorPadawan

JuniorPadawan Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    Yoda can get so annoying at times, can't he? Just because he's nine hundred years old doesn't make him all knowing. And his pessimism can get quite annoying.

AngelofDarkness great job in capturing Yoda. It's brillent.

5. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    So, So, So loving this!

Can't wait to see Anakin and Jaina meet.

uh! Uh! Padme and Jaina!

6. DarthJaina

DarthJaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    "My something is that little boy over there," she murmured. "And Anakin's something is going to be his family." [face_love] Aww!

Great post! I am curious how long it will take Anakin to figure out who these mysterious strangers really are, he he.

7. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    A wonderfully long post of a great scene. Loved the interaction between Yoda and Jaina.

8. c_owensby

c_owensby Jedi Master star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    That was a wonderful post. It was well worth the wait. I really liked the way you handled the interaction between Yoda and Jaina. :)

9. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Yahoo!

Absolutely Awesome!

The fact that she isn't fazed by him at all says something about the severity of the situation that she left.

S.

10. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    Yay! An update! And a fantastic one at that...

Go Jaina, you tell that troll who's boss :D :D :D

11. angel_gidget

angel_gidget Jedi Master star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    Yes! Thank you for finally updating! I can't wait to see the interaction between Jaina and Anakin. Though, I think if anthing gives away the "secret connection" between the chosen one and these strangers, it will probably be Ben's cute face! Oh! And don't forget to give some of Padme's perspective on this! ^_^

12. Labria_uk

Labria_uk Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2000
    Cool, very good post enjoyed reading while listening to a new cd :)

13. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    you updated!! and a long one!

this is so great!

please continue whenever you can.

14. jedi-solo-fel

jedi-solo-fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 27, 2002
    I love how you handled Jaina and Yoda's chat, very insightful, and it showed that while Jaina respects Yoda (probably more than she does any other Jedi she's bound to meet), the war has really hardened her in some ways.

And the end was cute, with Yoda and Ben... heh, Yoda would make a good babysitter, lol ;)

15. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    Wow! Well worth the wait - this is fantastic.

I think Jaina is very brave for telling Yoda what she did. She has to live through her family's mistakes and her own to try and change everything. She has no idea how she will be recieved - that's courageous. Poor Girl she'd had such a painful life, and poor Ben. You've done a wonderful job at characterisation.

Wonderful chap.

16. JainaSoloSkywalker

JainaSoloSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2002
    Great post! :D Now I can't wait even more for Jaina to meet Anakin- and see his reaction down the road when he finds out this mysterious stranger from the future is actually his only granddaughter! :eek:

17. FORCEBlLADE

FORCEBlLADE Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 2, 2003
    Finally, an pudate. Yoda was being a little too hard on Jaina. She knows what's she's doing. I can't wait to see how she and Anakin meet.

18. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    yay you updated but Yoda was quite hard on Jaina and I can't wait for more

19. Skarlaya

Skarlaya Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2004
    Nice chat between Jaina and Yoda, I feel for them both. And that line about Ben being Jaina's something that keeps the dark at bay was beautiful- she loves that boy so much.

20. skywalker64089

Jan 16, 2005
  21. skywalker64089

Jan 16, 2005
    Anybody here?

S.

22. c_owensby

c_owensby Jedi Master star 3

Apr 25, 2002
  23. Jedi_Scythe

Jedi_Scythe Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2005
    Love the dialogue between Jaina and Yoda :D

Especially this part:

"The Jedi have served the Force for twenty-five thousand years, Master Yoda, but the galaxy has changed around you, and you haven't adapted at all. That's why you were so easy to pick off last time, and that's why the Yuuzhan Vong will plow right through your ranks when they come- that is, if your Order is still around... my grandfather will have to decide that."

"Once, she might have gentled her words, if only out of respect for the diminutive Jedi Master, but the gentleness had long since been driven out of Jaina by the war."

( Go Jaina :D )

This is such a refreshing story,AngelofDarkness, can't wait for the next post!

24. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Great update!!! I can't wait for Jaina to meet Anakin, and for him to find out she's his family!!! More than a little like him, she is! ;)

25. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Instead, she was playing a game of dejarik with the fate of the galaxy.
    No pressure, Jaina.

Why, I might even unmake my own existence, Jaina mused wryly.
    Now that's trippy.

Forcing herself out of the past, lest its icy clutches sink claws into her flesh and take hold with a grip that she could not escape
    You write really good metaphors, AngelofDarkness. The imagery works really well.
    This was another great post. The suspense is still so strong. I'm really enjoying this story. I don't visit this board often, so would you be able to PM me when you update? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.