main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sand People

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Carey_andrew, May 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carey_andrew

Carey_andrew Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2003
    Don't know if ne one else has noticed this but......

just watched TPM again an the sand people were shooting at pod racers, in ANH when the jawas transport is ambushed, the blast marks are supposed to be too accurate.

If hitting pod racers at 600mph+ then i dont know wot is....

just a quick note cos im bored

2. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    good observation!

I've noticed this too.I think a sw explanation is that the sand people don't care where they shoot.they just shoot.the stormtroopers shoot at certen places on the sandcrawler.a real life explnation is that it's just a little mistake in the story.

:)

3. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    Good observation Carey, and welcome to the boards! :D

I dunno, I always got the feeling they were taking pot shots, and not really aiming so much. There were 18 podracers coming out of a relatively narrow chasm, so they were lined right up. They probably could hear them coming, and knew how to time a shot. Maybe the fact you see them celebrating their success after nailing that one guy shows they don't get many.

Just another thought.

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    If the Sand People had truly attacked the sandcrawler, they would have just blasted it at random. The stormtroopers knew precisely where to shoot in order to disable it as efficiently as possible.

5. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    I always found it more odd that Kenobi describes stormtroopers as being such precise marksmen, yet for the rest of the movie they never hit a single person they were aiming at.

The Sandpeople were just taking potshots in TPM, hoping to get lucky and actually hit something.

6. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    :p Hardly surprising really, given their outfits. Can you imaging the tunnel-vision you'd get looking through those tubes?

They'd be lucky to hit a Bantha at three feet :p

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

7. scuiggefest

scuiggefest Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    Sand People = Putties

Except the putties make a sound like "blooblu blubloo bluh bluoo" And Sand people sound momre like "Hoooonk Hooornk!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.