main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Sands of life;chapter 2

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedisamsel, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedisamsel

jedisamsel Jedi Master

Nov 19, 2005
    Shimi sat and cradled the new life she just gave birth to when she was summoned to Gradulla?s chamber. The Hutt told her that he had lost her in a game of chance to a junk dealer in Mos Espa. She and Anakin were to be sent there in the next few days. Sadness washed over her because she and the baby were being taken care of so lovingly there. The Twilek had been placed back in the nursery to help Shimi with her son. It was almost feeling like home to her.

The huge fortress shrank in the distance as the sands rose over the window ports of the skiff. Anakin was asleep in her arms when the guard told Shimi the ride would be about an hour or two if the storms didn?t persist. Another adventure thought Shimi as Anakin cooed in her cradle pouch. Who will you be she wondered as his blue eyes looked into hers.

?No, one hundred that?s the price go somewhere else if you think you can get it!? yelled the junk dealer as the skiff pulled up.

?Ah, I see Gradulla has honored his end of the bargain, very good. Two for the price of one! Ha!? said the junk dealer looking over the new arrivals

?Gradulla sends his regards Watto, He?ll be in touch.? Said the guard

?Get in there and clean my store woman! Put the baby behind the counter I don?t want any of my customers seeing that thing here.? Said Watto

Not even two minutes after arriving Shimi was hard at work cleaning out the sand that blew in from the storm an hour earlier. It seems Watto doesn?t like windows and doors hiding his wares from the public so even a little wind kicks up mounds of sand in the shop. After a few weeks of this Shimi was beginning to get worn down by all the work and caring for her son. One morning a visitor appeared asking where Watto was. Shimi told the black cloaked man that he was in the pod race shop across town. The visitor spied Anakin sleeping in a make shift crib behind the register.

?Master the boy and his mother seem to be restless. She looks like she is being run ragged. ?Said the visitor to a holo

?I think the junk dealer needs to be bribed a little more my young apprentice.? Said the holo

A short while later Watto returned and told Shimi that she would be moving into one of his apartments in town, her job now was to clean the place till the new tenants arrived in a month or two. Also Shimi was given a small stand in the market to look after for Watto. It was there she had a chance meeting. One afternoon she was feeding Anakin and he was being fussy. One stroke and some of his food ended up landing on the face of a stranger sitting in the café next door to her booth. A smile crept across the man?s face as he wiped the food off a bright yellow marking that intersected his face from one side to the other.

?Feisty little fellow isn?t he?? asked the stranger

?Yes I am so sorry? said Shimi

?Don?t be, little ones are the future of our kind my lady. ? Said the stranger

?Sometimes I don?t know if he means to do these things or just being a child? said Shimi

A spoon dropped out of Shimi?s hand, the stranger caught it even before she knew it fell. Visions of Gradulla and the visitor came rushing to the stranger. A slight shift in the force reached out and jolted the stranger, just as the back end of a lightsaber cracked his head.

?Sorry my lady but this man seems to be a local thief and mugger. We will be taking him to the detention house.? Said the visitor in black robes who kind of looked like the one who came looking for Watto sometime ago

As the stranger was dragged away by droids, the visitor eyed Anakin it made Shimi uneasy so she quickly rounded up her things and went back to her home. There she spent the night holding him. Something wasn?t right here. All these people, all this sand, Shimi wished she could take Anakin back to her home world and raise him there.

Quickly months turned to years and Shimi and Anakin had been given the apartment by Watto for her services to him. Images of the yellow marked stranger still danced in her

2. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Hi there! You have to post all chapters for your story in the same thread (your first story thread). Just post them as replies, and you can update the subject header to show you've got a new chapter up. :)

Feel free to PM any of the mods if you have questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.