main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Sands of Time - Post ROTS - Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Linewalker, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Linewalker

Jedi_Linewalker Jedi Master star 2

May 1, 2005
    I warn you, this probably isn't one of my better works, yet its an idea that wouldn't leave me alone. I hope you gain some measure of enjoyment out of it, and thank you for reading.

Title: Sands of Time
    Author(s): Jedi Linewalker
    Timeframe: Post ROTS
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon
    Genre: Vignette
    Keywords: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, angst, drama
    Summary: An exploration of the conversations Obi-Wan had with the spirit of Qui-Gon during his early years on Tatooine
    Notes:

[b]Sands of Time[/b]

The nights on Tatooine in the Jundland Wastes were a direct contrast to the days there. The winds picked up a bit more in the desert world?s night, providing even more of a slight chill for the inhabitants, after the twin suns set. Far from the nearest settlement of Mos Eisley stood a hut, rounded and squat, in the Jundland Wastes. The hut was the domicile of the crazy hermit, Ben Kenobi.

Kenobi was a young man, not yet forty, but his eyes told the tale of an age much more advanced. His wisdom was a parallel to his eyes, but most feared his wisdom, citing that a very thin veil separated wisdom and insanity, and it was often hard to tell which side you were on.

A dim light flickered within the hut, visible to an observer a moderate distance away by the small window in the side of the hut. The wind howled softly, carrying the sounds of the desert along on its currents, reaching the ears of the inhabitant of the hut, the relatively young hermit, Ben Kenobi.

Ben Kenobi. At least that?s the name he was known by here. The man chuckled wryly as he sat cross-legged on a padded round cushion he?d obviously brought from off world and into his home. The name was a fragile disguise, at best, a ruse to keep his best friend, and former student, from searching for him. Then again, he doubted Anakin Skywalker would ever return to this sand pile of a planet. Many were the times he cursed the sand of the world of his birth. The chance of him coming back was slim.

The man?s real name was Obi-Wan Kenobi, and he was a Jedi Master, once the apprentice to Qui-Gon Jinn, a great Jedi Master that fell defending the world of Naboo from the Sith. Qui-Gon, the maverick of the Jedi Order, the Jedi that railed against and questioned everything, or at least that?s what was said.

Now that Obi-Wan was older, he could see and understand Qui-Gon?s reasoning much better. He understood the truth now, as his master had tried so many times to reveal it to him, only he?d been blinded by the Code and the will of the Council. Now, the Jedi were almost extinct, only a handful of them scattered throughout the galaxy. As far as the Empire knew, the Jedi were dead, or as good as dead, anyway.

Obi-Wan ran his hand back through his hair, sighing softly. Yoda, the diminutive green skinned Jedi Master had wanted him to learn how to do this, to commune with the Force Spirit that was his former master, Qui-Gon Jinn. Even in death, Qui-Gon had much to teach, Yoda had said. So, obeying Yoda?s wishes, he concentrated, channeling his energy through the Force, seeking Qui-Gon.

Obi-Wan had been here, in his self-exile, less than a year. Still, the lack of anything but sand and heat was nearly driving him mad. He missed the lures of a civilized world, with many buildings and places to go, and water, of course. His body felt limp for a moment as he thought these things. No matter how attractive and alluring they were, he knew he must be here, must stay here so that he could watch over the baby Luke Skywalker, infant son of Padmé Amidala and his former apprentice, Anakin Skywalker.

Anakin had fallen to the Dark Side of the Force, and entered the service of the Sith Lord, Darth Sidious. Anakin Skywalker ceased to exist, and became Sidious? new apprentice, Darth Vader. In a fit of madness fuelled by jealousy, he?d nearly killed his wife, Padmé, who had been carrying their twin children. They hadn?t known it was twins. They?d only known she was pregnant.

During their final confrontation, Anakin had almost killed Padmé, wh

2. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Beautiful! [face_love] I loved the hourglass, that was a great metaphor. And for Obi-Wan to finally accept that it was Anakin's choice alone - I'm glad Qui-Gon finally put that sense into his head. :D

3. Jedi_Linewalker

May 1, 2005
    JadeSolo Thank you very much for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was afraid this particular piece wouldn't turn out so great, but I couldn't get it out of my head until I wrote it. I felt it was time that we figured out why Obi-Wan's guilt was so prominent at the end of ROTS, but wasn't overwhelming, even though it was present, in ANH. I thought that was as good a start as any. Again, thank you very much for reading.

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Splendid viggie. Loved the wisdom Qui-Gon imparts and felt so said as he explianed he'd seen Anakin kill the younglings. :( :(

5. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    This was wonderful! Beautiful writing! You can't help but think Qui-Gon must have put some sense into his head over the years, as in ANH, he had come to terms with Anakin's choices. Great viggie!

6. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh wonderfully well done! Loved how Qui kept telling him that it wasn't truly his fault! :D *Warm fuzzies*

Gerat work! :D

7. Jedi_Linewalker

May 1, 2005
    Healer_Leona Thank you very much for your opinion and reading. I'm glad it all made sense. I was half asleep when I wrote it. *laughs* As always, very pleased to see you read my work

rhonderoo That's pretty much what I was thinking. Thank you for reading! I'm truly glad you enjoyed it!

Krynstar Thank you very much for reading. I am glad it wasn't too over the top. Thank you very much

8. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Wow. Magnificent work! I enjoyed seeing Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan together once again even if it was spiritual. [face_love]

9. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    Wonderful, and I loved the two of them together and talking again.
    How Qui Gon must have reminisced in his convincing Kenobi out of self doubting insecurity and failure

Great work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.