main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sandstorm scene in "Revenge" trailer

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Siths_Revenge, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I noticed that some of the cut sandstorm sequence from ROTJ is in the "Revenge" trailer. Interesting.

2. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
  3. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    100 DVD threads in here, and you're making fun of mine?

4. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    100 DVD threads in here, and you're making fun of mine?

Well, for one thing, it was the first one I noticed, so don't feel like I'm picking on you. I'm just beginning to wonder how many DVD related threads are going to get locked before people learn to keep it contained to the two official ones.

5. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    That thread you linked to is getting too techincal anyway.

6. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    The "sandstorm scene" was actually the very first thing that was shot for ROTJ back in 1982, and is supposed to be placed in between the shot of Jabba's Skiff exploding, and the Falcon/Luke's X-Wing leaving Tatooine, but as you can tell, it was too sandy, and the picture quality was quite poor...I also think it would have slowed down the story, so it was a good decision to cut it out.

7. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    Yeah, Lucas felt it just didn't fit in after all the action in the sail barge assault.

8. Magic_Al

Magic_Al Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2003
    The sad thing about this scene is that it shows they had a full-size Falcon while filming ROTJ but then this scene gets cut and we're stuck with the matte painting in the hangar scene later and it looks like they ran out of money.

9. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Actually, just because the trailer is on the DVD, it doesn't make it a DVD thread. It's a thread about ... either the trailer itself or the cut scene itself. ;)

and I must be blind.... I didn't notice it when I watched it. :confused:
    Oh well, just another reason to watch it again :D

10. Hutt_Slut

Hutt_Slut Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm just beginning to wonder how many DVD related threads are going to get locked before people learn to keep it contained to the two official ones.

Yes, please keep all comments even relating to the DVD's in the 200+ post thread that is filled with people complaining.
    Also please read all 200+ posts in said thread so that you don't commit the ultimate force.net sin and [gasp!] repeat a post!! (also known as having a life and not enough time to read every inch of this site!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.