main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Sanity: A Tahiri vignette post Remnant

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JDH3, Apr 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Tahiri?s thought?s at the end of ?Remnant?, be warned there are spoilers for the book. Major Tahiri angst want to know more ya gotta read and please review it?s my 1st viggie. Oh and I?m not sure how much if any Tahiri knows about Vader besides having been to Bast castle that is. I took the liberty of assuming she and Anakin talked about him at least a little sometime during their relationship.

Disclaimer as always I own nothing SW universe belongs to GL I?m just visiting, so don?t sue. I?m in charity work so you wouldn?t get much from me anyway. In other words I'm broke almost anyway.

Sanity

The Millennium Falcon was speeding through hyperspace towards Bakura but where was she, Tahiri Veila heading? Anakin, Riina, the Solo?s so many thoughts in her head so little sense of what was what. Incident after incident, nightmare after nightmare every step only brought more confusion to her exhausted mind.

Tahiri lay in her bunk reflecting on all that had gone on in recent days. Anakin?s mother had told her that she was a Jedi knight and that was all the reason she needed to bring Tahiri along on this trip. A Jedi is that what she was, who she was? Riina didn?t seem to think so in truth neither did Tahiri not that she would dare admit such a thing to anyone.

Master Ikrit had told them, ?Together you are stronger...? did that also mean they were weaker apart? Did Anakin?s loss now mean that Tahiri Veila was less of a Jedi, less of a person? Certainly Anakin had left an open wound in her heart and soul that would never, could never heal but did it also mean she the individual was less? Maybe there never was an individual Tahiri? Maybe from that first meeting on Yavin IV she had become not a lone entity but a part of Anakin. Perhaps she was joined with him as he had now joined with the force and so now without him she was simply a shell a home for other beings...like Riina.

Oh this was all too much a person could go crazy like this but then again wasn?t that what WAS happening to her? ?Get a grip Tahiri? she said in a low voice that was both amazingly gentle and surprisingly resolute. Besides if she and Anakin had become simply part of one whole life form. Then they were both still part of the force so his, she choked on the word that escaped her lips...?death? shouldn?t matter, should it? That line of thinking actually made her chuckle although just barely but it felt good none the less. She had to keep it together she WAS a Jedi at least that?s what Anakin?s mother told her and more than that she was ?family? another whispered word escaped her lips. Jacen had left her a note on Mon Calamari telling her just that but in her dreams they attacked her. No matter how hard she tried to get them to understand they attacked, which one was real she just couldn?t tell anymore.

Tahiri sat up in her bunk, why did they always attack her was it the force trying to tell her something. Anakin?s family did they REALLY except her or was Riina right did they blame her for betraying Anakin, her love, her family. Betraying your OWN family was there a worse crime? Anakin was always haunted by his name because in the end betrayal of those he claimed to love was his grandfather?s greatest crime. Anakin had told her of his terrible vision of her future was she to be the next Vader? The one so twisted they would attack their own loved ones, kill their own loved ones?!!

Anakin, Riina, the Solo?s, family, Jedi it was all TOO MUCH, her Jedi awareness caught her just before the primal scream managed to escape her throat. ?Focus Tahiri? she said to herself, but on what, Bakura, the Ryn, the Ssi-Ruuvi empire anything but the dreams. The mission, yes the mission was important to the Galactic Alliance to Anakin?s family but most of all to her dwindling sanity.

The End.

2. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Very thought provoking JDH3. Nice work.
    Master Ikrit had told them, ?Together you are stronger...? did that also mean they were weaker apart? Did Anakin?s loss now mean that Tahiri Veila was less of a Jedi, less of a person? A good question. You point out one of the major problems Tahiri must be struggling with - and that's the separation from her other half. She and Anakin were more dependent on one another than the other couples. They balanced each other so well.

Great idea to have Tahiri compare herself to Vader - I hadn't seen that connection, but you're right, it is potentially the same. Like I said - this made me think. Thanks. :)

3. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    Very strong and thoughtful. Good work.

4. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Wow.

JDH3 wou really got inside Tahiri's mind.Infact that's probably what her mindset is in the book's.

nina

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.