Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk - June Event?

Discussion in 'Santa Cruz, CA' started by Taeriel, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    I hope that I've understood Kai's directions from the "Trolling for Information" thread correctly, and that the right course of action for asking event questions is to start a new thread for the event. If I've got that wrong, please let me know. :)

I was just wondering if the June 9th Boardwalk event is still on the table? If so, are there any details or plans available? I had an awesome time at the group SC/SF Boardwalk event last time and would love to get together and go again.
  2. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you, Taeriel, for posting a new thread. Yes, my hope is that the "Trolling for Information" thread will really be about "official" (or at least as official as we can manage...) information. I want to keep it uncluttered so folk can just glance at it and know what's going on.

Anyway, yes, as far as I know the date for the Boardwalk is still on the table, although I just got news that June 9th is OUT for me. DAMN IT. A very very dear friend is about to move out of State for good and that will be my last chance to spend a day with him.

So, I may have to bow out, unfortunately, if the 9th remains the date (and no pressure on SCFF to change it, seriously...I'll survive). If the date shifts to another weekend, I will -- of course -- be there. I could also be there on the 10th (Sunday).

Let's get the ball rolling on the discussion for this event. :)

- Kai
  3. DarkLordSid Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm okay with switching or not, either way we'll try to be there, depending on health and mobility issues.

And dinner after at The Royal Taj is WELL in order I believe. Got a local substitute but still not as good as that was.
  4. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    Royal Taj...yes!

Well, if people are ok with moving it to later in June, I'd be thrilled. But again, if not, that is perfectly ok. I just want to hear stories about it if I can't go. :)

- Kai
  5. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Later in June is fine with me (so far as I can tell).
    Is it bad that I have never been to the SC Boardwalk? :confused: O:)
  6. DarkLordSid Jedi Master

star 4
    June 9th also conflicts with the Prowse appearance at Pier 39, so out of deference to our brethern to the north, I'd vote for another day.

Heck, they outnumbered us the last time, heh.
  7. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree with the conflict with "Daddy Darth." Out of respect for our Northern Brethern and those in our Tribe that have other conflicts that day..it should be moved!

On this end, Siri has a mural commissioned from a local town and the boyscouts that needs to be done by the end of June. So I'm thorwing out the dates around end of June or first part of July for this.

8. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    End of June would work for me. 4th of July weekend will be inSANE so let's not do that, ok? LOL! But end of June would definitely work.

- Kai
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.