main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA SARLACC meeting,Jan 26th memories.....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JumpinJax, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JumpinJax

JumpinJax Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2006
    Hey all, it's January and the next meeting/ house party/housewarming get-together is at my new domicile, the house at 2040 S 15th St, Tacoma 98405. Friday the 26th, 7 PM be there or be square. Or be there AND square, who cares? :) I'm cooking burgers and hotdogs, please bring any snacks or drinks of any nature that you like. We'll just kick back and do a little Red Dwarf trivia or something ;) 7 til late, see you there!

RSA EDIT: Please see end post. This is not a forum to argue with each other at. Please be civil.

2. DetShogan

DetShogan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2006
    "Boys from the Dwarf!!!"

hope to be there

3. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    Ahh yes Red Dwarf! With such classic lines as:
    "I've mastered the art of pomposity even though I say so myself"
    "Is anyone up for a game of charades using just your head or is now a bad time?"
    Sounds like fun!

4. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I've never seen Red Dwarf. :(

:p

5. orothelous

orothelous Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 24, 2005
    Red Dwarf is awesome!

"SWIRLY THING ALERT!"

6. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast." - Ace Rimmer

Can anyone tell how many time Lister had his Appendix removed?

7. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Hey, I think I have that as part of my siggy line here.

ARRRghh, I have seen every episode of Red Dwarf at least twice (some even more than that) and I can't remember........

But can you tell me what Our Rob or Ross really means and what it has to do with an infant in a box under a pool table?

8. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    found at Fry's Electronics the full 8 seasons of Red Dwarf............$189.99

9. micdavis

micdavis Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    I have series 1 thru 6.

Anybody want to see them, let me know.

10. JumpinJax

Apr 11, 2006
    Twice of course. He liked it, dang it, so he had it redone :)

11. JumpinJax

Apr 11, 2006
    Coming up this Friday! Hope you guys can make it, I like..... cleaned :)

12. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    I found out I can't make it. I'll be in the University District listening to a band.

I really want to make a SARLACC meeting though. Maybe when school is out. :p

13. JumpinJax

Apr 11, 2006
    Yes, but how late? :) I'm planning on things with at least a few people dying out around 2 AM. It's Friday!

14. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    due to a coyuple of people having the day off I now have to work till 7:45pm instead of 4pm

15. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    I'll probably be out until around then. And I don't really want to go but a friend is dragging me along. :p

16. JumpinJax

Apr 11, 2006
    Hello? lo lo lo lo lo lo?
    Getting an echo here :( The list is getting shorter, no fun!

17. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    How did it go?

18. JumpinJax

Apr 11, 2006
    Went pretty good, met some new faces from the area, ate, drank, I think there was a Mary there :) Fun time, wish you all could have come :( But there always next time...I may try this again :)

19. JumpinJax

Apr 11, 2006
    Oh did I forget to mention the lunatic knocking over my collection, fondling all my prop items, asking me to rip off friend's work for his idiot project without every even asking permission to touch a thing?
    It's called respect, common courtesy, and sanity. He lacked all three. Sorry guys, I like too many people in this club to let this behavior go unnoticed. Unacceptable.

20. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Ummm what happened?

21. JumpinJax

Apr 11, 2006
    Nik420 showed up. I have had the face to face experience he craves. It's not good.
    J

22. Nik420

Nik420 Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2006

I have had very limited contact with Joey, so here is a string of contacts in chronological order, with no other real contact or conversation inbetween:

First, after a gathering at my house, in which many people brought their Star Wars stuff...

On December 24, 2006 3:55 AM JSantwan@aol.com wrote:

"I must be more prepared next time I hit one of these gatherings :) I'll bring the whole reference library and a few toys of my own.
    Joey"

Okay, everything seems fine, it doesn't seem like I did anything to offend him yet.

Then on Jan 18, 2007 at 9:25 am, Joey, or blackfleet3 posted the following in the Eye of Darkness yahoo group, which he KNOWS is my group; he wrote: "Meeting/party at Joey's:

"Hey all, it's January and the next meeting/ house party/housewarming get-together is at my new domicile, the house at 2040 S 15th St, Tacoma 98405. Friday the 26th, 7 PM be there or be square. Or be there AND square, who cares? :) I'm cooking burgers and ..."

If I don't want a certain person to show up at my party, I wouldn't post it on THEIR group, where I KNOW they are a member. It's almost like he WANTED me to show up, because of course he comes in this forum and writes: "Nik420 showed up. I have had the face to face experience he craves. It's not good."

Did you invite me to your party just so that you could parade me around in front of the SARLACC people, because later you had it planned to tell them how lame I was and so they would know who I was on sight?

Did Joey mention that I volunteered and helped him cook burgers and hot-dogs on his indoor grill so he could go man the BBQ out on the patio? Or the good food we made by hand and brought to his potluck?

Joey also tells you: "...Oh did I forget to mention the lunatic knocking over my collection..."

The rest of the story is, that his "collection" (which is mostly in glass cases, btw) that he refers to here are 6 or 8 Kenner toy blasters, which suffered not even the slightest scratch. They were sitting precariously on the top shelf of a nightstand, grip down, so that the slightest tap would knock them over. ANYBODY could've done it, but I was the lucky lottery winner here folks; the heel of my shoe bumped the nightstand and a few of the toy guns fell the 10 or 12 inches to the carpeted floor, where I immediately started picking them up and putting them back in their original order, apologizing profusely all the while (must have said "sorry" 9 or 10 times at least). Joey just decided to leave all that out. The other thing that Joey didn't tell anybody, is that I accidentally did a Chevy Chase kinda thing, that while I was trying to balance these guns back into their original positions, I bumped one and the whole lot of them spilled over again, causing everyone in the room to double over laughing at me. Imagine my embarrassment at a second string of incessant "sorrys!" Robert said the funniest thing for him was seeing Joey's face as I fumbled around with those toy guns. It always cracks him up remembering that incident.

I'm sorry you can't laugh about it Joey. It would be nice if you could look back on it the way the rest of us do.

Joey also tells you: "...fondling all my prop items..."

The rest of the story is, that this is actually a stretched truth, as I ONLY fondled one single, solitary item: a light saber. Yes, I did do it without asking (normally, I do ask first, so I don't know what got into me; I can't take me anywhere, I swear!), but I gingerly lifted one end of it with a mere two fingers and turned it slightly to see the detail work on both sides, then set it down, never lifting it up fully.

Oh wait, I did fondle his Kenner toy blasters; I had to in order to put them back where they were. No matter how good a laugh everyone had over that, I still hate being the guy who "knocked the **** over." I'm just as glad it wasn't something breakable. Anybody ever do that? God, it's embarrasing! And maybe touched a piece of his stormtrooper armor, though I wouldn't call that "fondling".

Joey also tells you: "...asking me to rip off fri

23. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    hey, no big posting please.
    on to the next issue of business . . . . . . .

:p

24. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Locking this. No further arguing is needed. Please contact me if there are problems; don't take it out into the boards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.