SNG Sat June 18th Tampines Library

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry for the short notice. [-o|

Tampines Regional Library has invited our FanForce to their Space Month Activity this Sat, June 18th.

DATE: 18th June 2005, Sat

TIME: 1pm-5pm

We had been allocated a Table and 4-Level Glass Showcase to showcase our SW Stuffs, activities and pose with the visitors in our SW Costumes/Armors.

Soo....we need the following ideas and stuffs to make our first public display a success. ;)

1. WHAT WE CAN DISPLAY IN THE SHOWCASE AND ON THE TABLE
    - So far for the table, I thot of certain interesting SW Reference Books that are not too valuable, a big photo album showing our FanForce Activities throughout the years, some costumes/armor parts, special SW Collectibles and toys etc
    - Showcase with valuable props replicas like Lightsabre Handles (anyone to loan us their?, Lego Display or anything else we will like to show the public but not let them handle too much. ;)

2. AT LEAST 2 MEMBERS AT ALL TIME TO MAN THE TABLE
    - I recommand that a shift of 1-2 hours for every 2 members who are available that day. The people who man the table can later be the ones as the costumed talents taking photos with the public
    - Must have a good knowledge of SW plus its fandom and possibily good knowledge about SW relationship to events that inspired Lucas to show what he did in the movies

3. COSTUMED MEMBERS TO TAKE PHOTOS WITH VISITORS OR GO ROUND THE LIBRARY
    - Can also be on a shift basis and good presentable costumes/armor are recommanded

The disbenefits of this is that it's on volunteer basis and there is most likely No Green Room provided for us to store our belongings or change or have a drink. :( But the Library will give us a token of appreciation later so I'll need a confirmed list of name of people coming down to help make this event a success. Last minutes addition is also welcome. ;)

And for some people, we'll be next to the Star Trek people who are doing a LOT of activities that day for the public like a Talk, Lucky Draw etc etc. :(

So for those interested or got recommandations, please post it here.

Thanks! :)
  2. aanakin Jedi Knight

star 1
    Me! me! pick me! I can help...please?
  3. padawan_princess Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cool, I would love to help but have a school project that day and besides I don't have a costume :( . I'll try to pop by (and drag some friends along) later, maybe around 3pm?

By the way, what is considered 'good' knowledge of Star Wars? :p
  4. JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Regarding the showcase, I should be able to provide some DK books, Lego toys, and maybe some figures.

But I don't know if I'll be able to attend the thing itself... :(
  5. CoOLv1rus Jedi Knight

star 1
    i dun have much to show and my costume is not finished..but i try to bring some books down and I might go don to help..so any deadline??
  6. Jedi_Healer Jedi Master

star 2
    Cool! I'd love to go help out, albeit costumeless... :p Plus I live in Tampines...it'd be morally wrong if I don't turn up right? =P I should be able to make it, even if I don't stay the full 4 hours.. *g*

EDIT: Oh and I've got some figurines, not too sure if those are counted as showcases... Plus some novels..nothing much actually..

And why don't we copy the Trekkies and have a talk and prizes and quizes etc.?
  7. padawan_princess Jedi Knight

star 1
    I (okay, we--my sister and I) can provide the DK visual dictionary for Episode I and III and we don't mind loaning our SW figurines too. Will we get to play any music there as well? If so, you can borrow our OST. :) Just trying to help...I feel so bad about not being there for the whole event.
  8. Faiz Jedi Knight

star 3
    well.. i dun mind coming down to help, with or w/o costume.
    i've got this hugeass starwars encyclopedia/dictionary that i'd be happy to bring down. i dun mind bringing that epi1 99 pepsi podracer thingy too, haha.(the most valuable sw thing i own, but then again carrying it to and fro would be a bitch =\)

and i do consider myself rather knowledgeable in sw literature, specializing in the original trilogy and the post ROTJ EU, so i dun mind manning the table. maybe i could come up with a lando costume or something LOL.
    "who are you supposed to be mister?"
    "why, i'm lando calrissian, the respectable one. i may not look like much, but i became a general in... *blah blah blah*
    hahaha

TREKKIES!? can i kill them pls?
  9. aanakin Jedi Knight

star 1
    yah, why are the trekkies there too? is it a competion of some sort? But we can easily win them right? hehee
  10. DarthCrovus Jedi Master

star 2
    As always, I'm game! Heh, Can help in any area I guess.

1. What's a good knowledge of SW?
    I might be able to help in the filmmaking aspect of SW, like how they did the effects, how blue screen is done. How the lightsaber effect and stuff are created. Hmmm maybe can showcase my laptop, =P!!! Most probably can do a very wuick edit of the lightsaber effect i guess. Let me know early if you wanna do this, need time to do all the stuff. Can showcase the pictures post-edit too, with lightsaber effect added. I'm sure Xeno and I can pretty much handle that.

2. What's a good/ respectable costume?
    If mine is considered I can always dress up and mingle. Heh! Quite used to it from all the events this May.

I'm am yours to command.
  11. Jedi_Healer Jedi Master

star 2
    Depending on your standards, I guess I could "specialize" in the Old Republic and Jedi Order... =P

Faiz, murder is against the Jedi code you know... :p
  12. hobbes00 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can make it, will do anything from sweeping floor to selling tissues.
    LOL
  13. xeno_kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
  14. lukedecop Jedi Knight

star 2
    I could help to man the table from maybe 1 to about 3 bec. i have something up after that. If u need some 3/3/4 or 12 inch i may be able to spare some for display. :)
  15. Faiz Jedi Knight

star 3
    not really sue, coz, i'm defending our fans from being corrupted with Star Trek BS.
    so its still allowed. lol
    i bet even the emperor and the rebel alliance would hold a temporary truce during battle of endor, if Enterprise were to warp into the middle of the battle. HAHAHAHA to get rid of such... BLASPHEMY!
  16. CoOLv1rus Jedi Knight

star 1
    mmm...i can spare my 12" Jango and Maul.
    3 loose destryoer droids....
    loose Maul and Jango unleashed...
    I have the visual Dictionary for all 3 episodes and ESB. But I am not too sure. Later all flip flip flip..spoil how ah..

And I can help man the space..
  17. kimbilili-k-s Jedi Knight

star 2
    sorry i can't make it again!! :( :( :(

i got church camp.

would love to contribute stuff but i mostly have books. as in fiction. i'm sure what yall have will pwn my collection hehe. have fun!!

GO SQUASH THE TREKKIES!!! make sure our booth has the pple man!!
  18. Darth_Eagle Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay, after a quick discussion yesterday, we kinda came to the conclusion to have the following items:

[A] SHOWCASE
    LEVEL 1 : Props & Costume Parts
    LEVEL 2 : LEGO & Action Figures in "Diorama Display"
    LEVEL 3 : ROTS Special Screening and Goodies Stuffs
    LEVEL 4 : SW Games (CCG, RPG Book etc)

Those who can loan the items as stated above please confirm it. ;)

TABLE
    - FanForce Activities Photo Album (300 Photos from 2002-now)
    - Reference Books like Visual Dictionary, SW Technical Journal, SW Illustration, Making of Revenge of the Sith etc etc (All shows to be allowed to be flipped through MUST be wrapped with Plastic Cover)
    - FX Lightsabre
    - 12" MIB Action Figures
    - Other Collectibles like 3 3/4" Action Figures, Toppers
    - KFC TPM Topper Stand
    - SW Poster
    - Table lined with Darth M&M Towel. :p
    etc etc

As above for those who can loan us their items :D or more recommandation

So far the following people had stated their interest to come down or help out in this thread:
    - Aanakin
    - Padawan_princess (after 3pm?)
    - CoOLv1rus
    - Jedi_Healer
    - Faiz
    - DarthCrovus
    - Hobbes00
    - Xeno_kenobi
    - Lukedecop (1-3pm)
    - Darth_Eagle

Reminder: We need at least TWO people in Costume at all time and TWO people at least to mind the table at all time. It can be in Shift of 1-2 hours each.

And answering some questions:
    1. Well, I'm sure everyone here knows their SW Basic Facts well like all the movies titles and the year it was released, who who are the main characters, some basic knowledge of the EU, Collectibles, movie
    2. Since it Space Themed, Star Trek is the other group invited as it's the only other active Space-Related Movies/TV Series Fandom around. Heard of Babylon 5 or Stargate etc FanForce in Singapore anyone? I hasn't.
    3. Those who are not in costumes must wear SW T-Shirt.
  19. DarthCrovus Jedi Master

star 2
    Heh, I'll be in costume the whole time whether manning the table or taking pictures.
  20. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    is east coast close to the library??
    I have a chalet at east coast that day, but i'd also really love to come by in costume!! jedi Council, pls advise...
  21. xeno_kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just bring along your costume to the chalet.
  22. DarthCrovus Jedi Master

star 2
    Well they are both on the East side of Singapore, as to whether it's near. If you drive, yeah pretty near about 10mins drive, less than even.

If you take train....I think the nearest MRT is....hmmmm, I think is Eunos, about 45 mins travelling time and waiting time.
  23. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll need to borrow a sabre tho. I dun want to carry it around duing chalet :p leceh la
  24. xeno_kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Eh... I retired my FX already. So don't ask me. Crovus is holding his. Just bring yours la...
  25. Darth_Eagle Force Ghost

star 4
    Latest infos:

.......Here are the activities for the space theme:
    Exploration & Expression @ Tampines Regional Library on 18 June 2005.

By the way, you may bring the weapons as part of costume (posing for pictures or as display).

Refreshments will be provided for all participants and we'll be reserving 3 lockers for all participants to keep their belongings.

May I know how many members of the star wars fanforce are helping out
    for the event?

As spoken previously, we will meet at the customer service counter on level 1 at 12on on 18 June.......
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.