Tucson Sat OCT 27th Juvenille Diabetes walk 8am-11am

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by firstsonofsolo, Oct 7, 2007.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    What Juvenille Diabetes foundation walk
    Date Oct 27th
    Time 8am-11am
    Where Reid park zoo
    Needs costumed characters and wrangelrs and someone to man a table

We were contacted by the JD association via Cat. They heard about us at the Komen race and would like to know if we would be willing to attend their event this year as entertainment.

They will provide refreshments breakfast and lunch.

They would like us to walk around and take pictures with children and families if anyone would like to do the walk itself they are more than welcome to it will be the path that goes around reaid park which I believe is around 3 miles.

We need a canopy and a portable table and our banner. It would be nice if we had business cards and flyers to pass out too.

There are bathrooms in the area but it would be easier if we brought sheets and make a tent out of our canopy like the march of dimes race.

I apologize for the short notice of this event but I was just contacted on friday!

Chris-Jango or run the table if no one else is able
    Dustin-Trooper or Vader if no one else is able
  2. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    You do realise what you are asking here? By doing this during the Howl-a-ween weekend you are asking for a very long weekend from us. I am undecided at this time.
  3. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes yes I am. I also know that my gear wont even be dry from the night before and will not be dry for that night.....

We have 2-3 committed at this time and that is all we need but we would like more if possible. It is also last minute which is one of the first things I told our contact and she appreciates anything we can do.

This goes to anyone if you cant make it or feel it will be too much I completely understand. we will not be able to get any help from Phoenix on this either as they already have an event themselves.
  4. dialswiftjustice Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah Chris called me to feel out whether we could do this or not because of the massive amount of events this month (this will be six appearances within 5 days!) I told him Id make it, so here it is posted. Brian also said he could make it as Vader, and possibly bring his daughter Lucy as a wrangler.
  5. 14of3amberofborg Jedi Knight

star 1
    I will not be able to participate in this!!
  6. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Historically, the end of October has always shown itself to be the heaviest/toughest part of the year as far as events go. Everybody wants costumed characters around Halloween, and with the Phoenix MS walk being moved to October, it only makes it rougher on us DSG people.

But, we are not the ones scheduling these events. The event organizers schedule them, and all we can do is pick and choose which ones we can attend. I could always do the walking part as an Imp Crew Tech. I'll know more and can give a definitive answer in a couple of weeks.
  7. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    I will be at work during this event, so I can't go.
  8. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Bump

We have confirmed
    Chris -Jango or run table/wrangle
    Dustin-trooper
    Brian-Vader

and now Tristan from Phoenix is coming as a trooper!!!
  9. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll try to be there as an Imp. Crew Tech.
  10. dialswiftjustice Jedi Master

star 4
    I will absolutely have to bail at 11am Michele has some appointments to keep
  11. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    I would have had a great time at this event if those big meanie teenage girls hadn't dissed me the way they did!:_| [face_shame_on_you]

[face_laugh]
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby