main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Satanic imagery/references in ROTS

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by newbiefanboy, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbiefanboy

newbiefanboy Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2005
    OK, we've all heard GL and others say that ROTS is like "Ani making a deal with the devil." Convienient wording considering a few other things. In the trailer shot of Ani, well actually he is Vader at this point, but I digress, it is an over head shot of Vader leading the troops behind him, if you look at the ground in which they are treading over, there is an enormous inverted cross on the ground beneeth their feet. Also the illustrious "Order 66." I guess it would have been to on the nose to call it order 666, but 66 is sufficient being that the mark of the beast will be 666, but the numeral 6 is of Lucifer and translates through Hebrew (all letters are originally stemmed from numbers)to meaning an absolute void of God's presence. I am in no way damning GL or anything, just thought of sharing. Plus my insomnia may be causing me to go slightly insane. So if this is too over the line, well then my bad.

2. -DarthMetallus-

-DarthMetallus- Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2003
    Sounds like your on too something. Very interesting. I think he might be trying to sub-consciencly induce a feeling of evil. Or something.

3. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    No, Order 66 is much, much worse than that...
    http://www.maj.com/gallery/R4P17DC/fbtbprofilework/order66.jpg
    Much worse...

4. Flask

Flask Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 22, 2000
    This might explain Anton LeVay's cameo appearence in Revenge of the Sith?

5. -DarthMetallus-

-DarthMetallus- Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2003
    Anton Levay has a cameo? I think your lying.

6. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    So before Anakin takes a lava bath he orders from Mc Donalds they get his order wrong & thats why he becomes Vader so Sidious can get Anakin to destroy ALL Mc Donalds becuase everytime Sidious orders from there they dont send the tried with the meal

My God I Solved The Puzzle !!!!!!!!

7. LordDarthKnightRPC

LordDarthKnightRPC Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2004
    Christ, I guess it is getting slow. You guys are *really* reaching now.

8. The Fett

The Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 1999
    You got change for a-hundred.

9. JaporSnippet

JaporSnippet Jedi Master star 2

Mar 24, 2005
    Sidious needs a snack so he made the Order 66...
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

10. Nona_Cad

Nona_Cad Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2004
    Hate to break it to you, but for the most part Judaism doesn't recognize the idea of Lucifer or a "grand evil." That's strictly a Christian thing, 6 is the number for man, and the beast (theoretically) would be 666 (3 sixes, or man simulating G-d).

You have some good points, but your ideas are based off of Christianity, and that needs to be clarified.

11. newbiefanboy

Mar 7, 2005
    Your completely correct, i thought i mentioned that it was coming from a Christian viewpoint, sorry.

12. Nona_Cad

Nona_Cad Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2004
    It's cool, just noticed some of your theory was based in Hebrew (the translation, which is fairly close...I think Lucifer is that or "stumbling block"...something like that)

I more brought up my point so others wouldn't be confused.

13. Grievous

Grievous Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2003
    Yes... I too thought about The Beast with 666, being like order 66.

14. jwt6577

jwt6577 Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2004
    Well, I suppose that a movie which is a Messianic tale with the Messiah-character turning evil would have some Satanic references.

I do admit that the "Order 66" thing raised an eyebrow, but I hadn't noticed the inverted cross before you pointed it out.

But if you want to take the Messiah reference a little further, try this on for size:

The Jedi Temple Massacre could be considered a dark (very dark) interpretation of Jesus casting out the Money Changers in the Temple.

I do find it interesting that you brought this line of thought up too. If you boil the metaphor down Anakin becomes both Jesus and Judas in a sense, or "from a certain point of view." Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

--Jason

15. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    [image=http://img106.exs.cx/img106/3909/untitled8rf.jpg]

16. Tricky

Tricky Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    RotS is one of the few movies in existance where the bad guys win, I for one am glad that Lucas has the guts to go the Satanic route. With Solo mentioning Hell & Maul looking like a devil why is any of this strange?

17. dr_funkenstein

dr_funkenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Nona_Cad posted on 4/7/05 8:25pm
    Hate to break it to you, but for the most part Judaism doesn't recognize the idea of Lucifer or a "grand evil." That's strictly a Christian thing, 6 is the number for man, and the beast (theoretically) would be 666 (3 sixes, or man simulating G-d).

You have some good points, but your ideas are based off of Christianity, and that needs to be clarified.
    [hr][/blockquote]
    As a former Christian, I would draw to your attention the following passages:

[blockquote][hr][i][u]Isaiah 14:12-22[/u]
    How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners? All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house. But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet. Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned. Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities. For I will rise up against them, saith the LORD of hosts, and cut off from Babylon the name, and remnant, and son, and nephew, saith the LORD.[/i][hr][/blockquote]
    [blockquote][hr][i][u]Ezekiel 28:12-19[/u]
    Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffic; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.[/i][hr][/blockquote]

As a [b]former[/b] Christian now, you can see how those passages have actually been reinterpreted by Christians to infer a doctrine of Satan in the Jewish scriptures. The original meaning is clearly different. So I agree with you.

18. CETS4491

CETS4491 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2004
    MovieTrailerMusic thats good i seen that episode last night HILLARIOUS!!!!

19. Flask

Flask Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 22, 2000
    And with that, ladies and gentlemen, the religious debate begins. ;) j/k

20. jedi-killah

jedi-killah Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Lucas said that the planet Mustafar would have a hellish feel to it. Think about it this way, in order to get to heaven Anakin has to go through hell.

21. newbiefanboy

Mar 7, 2005
    Wow, thats just the type of thing I was saying, that quote from Ez. :Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffic; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

To me, at least, that sounds pretty much what happened to Vader!!!cool...just take out the word earth and add mustafar lol

22. The Fett

The Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 1999
    I noticed a lot of this (especially the inverted cross) too. Glad someone had the guts to post about it.

Anakin not only plays Judas and Jesus, he's the Antichrist as well. Tie that with terms choosen one and prophecy and the dogma only thickens.

Also strongly mirrored, at least what I gleaned from the book, is politics.

23. HateLeads2Suffering

HateLeads2Suffering Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2004
    The Book of Job for you Hebrew scholars... tell me then, what the meaning of the Hebrew word (transliterated and untranslated) Satan is?

Yea, not a Christian idea folks...

24. UCLAJediMaster

UCLAJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2001
    so you do guys think that the pope heard the news about satan in ROTS and thats what finally pushed him over the edge?

PS i really hope i didn't offend someone too bad. it was not my intent... just a joke

25. jwt6577

jwt6577 Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2004
    It's a title that is often translated to "The Accuser." Basically, he's God's Prosecuting Attorney.

That is, if I'm remembering correctly, I've been out of college a while now.

--Jason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.