Satanism

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Cobranaconda, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    Where's the Church Lady when you need her?

SATAN!
  2. Fist_of_Mandalore Jedi Master

star 4
  3. Andreas_Lamont Jedi Knight

star 1
    So in brutal reality, without the hate so much, these people are v early pioneering Athiests? just a thought. :p

Cheers
  4. Darth_wanderguard Force Ghost

star 6
    True Satanism is not the worship of Satan, it is the treasuring of the things of Satan. Satan is te long standing symbol for "the world." As in immorality. As many have said, most Satanists just do whatever feels good without a second thought as to the consequences. Yes, there are a select few that actually "worship." the devil, ritually wound themselves, sacrifice animals, and practice black magic {i.e. Allistor Crowley and others.), but the majority are somewhat similar to hedonists. No, I don't look down on anyone. I may pity them, or disagree with them, but I do not look down on them as if to say "I'm better than you."

5. son_of_the_tear Force Ghost

star 5
    << SATANISM IS A JOKE!!!! The whole "thing" (I refuse to call it a religion, because it isn't) is a sham. >>

I can turn around and say the same thing about your religion.

But I won't.

Because truth be told, that can be applied to anything.

You can't pick and choose what one considers a religion or a faith. One can choose not to believe in something. But you cannot just pick and choose what is valid for everyone else.

If that is the case... then from now on, I refuse to call Christianity a religion. I refuse.

6. cal_silverstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Satanism is a sad theology with no credit, history, or definitive culture. It is full of disillusioned children who think the world is against them. Please if you think you are a satanist...do yourself a favor...read, educate yourself, grow up and become a productive functioning member of society!

Really, who cares?
  7. DARTHJOSEPH Jedi Master

star 2
    Aleister Crowley didn't practice Black Magic. He was greatly misunderstood and was into some "weird stuff" but NEVER practiced Black Magic, he was a figure in a time in which Wicca and witchcraft were gaining intrest in the public eye and he fed the media what they wanted to hear. He was fundamental in his writing on the Kabbalah (she might be crazy but I don't think any one would accuse Madonna of practicing Black Magic. Most of the negative info about Crowley was taken as fact while most of his interviews were very "tounge in cheek" Along with Janet and Stewart Farrah, Margret Murray, and Gerald B. Gardner, Crowley was implemental in the construction of contemporary Wicca.

And to clear things up, I am not christian, nor Wiccan. I would never condem a religion and have spent a lot of time in college studying comparative religion. Anyone who has studied religion knows that almost every religion in the world has similarities and parallels. The big three: Christians, Jews, and Muslims all share the same ideas, it's just the "Messenger" that is different. Jesus, Moses and Mohommad respectively. The mythology behind religions, Adam & Eve etc, have parallels in every religion. and Satanism CANNOT be a precursor to Atheism buy design. Christianity has "Good"(Jesus/God) and "Evil"(Satan)how can you believe in half of a religion & not the other. Atheists do not delieve in ANY diety. And Satanism is named so because of the association to the Christian "Devil" regardless less of what the "current" state of its practice suggests. Not to mention I have seen so many differences in beliefs and ceremonial practices: by definition Satanism CANNOT be considered a religion. It is a "philosphy" at best.
  8. Ogmios22188 Jedi Master

star 4
    But Satanists don't actually worship Satan, that's the thing. At least not those who belong to Anton LaVey's Church of Satan.

www.churchofsatan.com

There; read their beliefs. You won't find anything about a personal, corporeal, horned, pitchfork-wielding Satan there.
  9. DARTHJOSEPH Jedi Master

star 2
    LaVey is just one form! And if you read about LaVey you'll find out some interesting things. Things conterproductive to using him as defence!

*EDIT* check this out if you feel I am wrong.

http://fcos.us/aslv.html

He is a joke and a liar! Check the sources if you still disagree!
  10. Fist_of_Mandalore Jedi Master

star 4
    Are you a fundamentalist Christian?
  11. DARTHJOSEPH Jedi Master

star 2
    Who me? Far from brother! I'm an eclectic pagan that see the parallels and similarities to ALL religions. I have studied Christianity, Judism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, native american religion, Shinto, Wicca/witchcraft. All religions are different paths to the same destination in my eyes. All are correct as long as their intentions are pure and help people cope with day to day life and help explain the unknown! Religion is a tool not a weapon!
  12. cal_silverstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Who's defending him as someone to be taken seriously anyway? He's to Satanism what L. Ron Hubbard is to Scientology. Satanists are hedonists who hate organized religion, that's all.
  13. DARTHJOSEPH Jedi Master

star 2
    There are people in this thread using him as some sort of proof for what Satanism is. I am saying that Satanism is unstructured and has many different interpretaions. LaVey's satanism is one form and I provided proof that most of what is considered true of fact about him is exagerated or made up. LaVey was a cultist, not the head of any thing that resembles a religion.
  14. Ogmios22188 Jedi Master

star 4
    I know LaVey's Satanism is one form, that's why I said "at least those who belong to the Church of Satan." Satanism isn't organized and plenty of things can be considered Satanism.
  15. cal_silverstar Jedi Master

star 4
    LaVey's "denomination" is considered the "official" Satanism.
  16. Ogmios22188 Jedi Master

star 4
    That makes sense, seeing as how it has at least one major published work and an organized doctrine.
  17. Darth-Horax Force Ghost

star 6
    [Vince Clortho, keymaster of Gozer]
    During the recticilification of the voldrani, the traveler came as the large and moving torg!
    [/Vince Clortho, keymaster of Gozer]
  18. Republican_Idiot Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Satanism is very real. It is also evil and will turn children into terrorists.

19. Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Mr. Idiot-

Stop trolling. This is your one warning.

V-03
  20. Republic_Trooper Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am a former police officer with a bachelors degree in Criminal Justice. In college, I took a class called "Ritualistic Crimes", basically, it was about satanism and the occult and the crimes they commit in the corse of worshiping evil. satanism is inextricably linked with criminal activity, be it animal cruelty, child molestation, or murder. It should be made illegal its self, it's not a religion, to call it that is a mockery of every descent person of faith, regardless of religion.
  21. Philosopher1701 Jedi Master

star 4
    Stay focused on the topic.
  22. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
  23. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I can say with confidence that Christians are possibly the most despised people on Earth.

Who despises Christians, in your opinion? And do you have evidence of any hate crimes against Christians that are on the level of cross-burnings on the front lawns of black people, vandalism of synagogues, and most recently, crimes against Arab-Americans?

You also seem to have missed the point about Satanism *not* being some sort of religion set up with the intent of battling Christianity. At best, it's a sort of philosophy. In my opinion, nothing called Satanism can ever be a religion independent of Christianity because it's based around a figure who is only defined in Christianity.
  24. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    To save me from making a new topic, I'll just post this in here as its got some correlation with this topic and the people who seem to be associated with it:

Islamic officials in Malaysia ruled Monday that "black metal" music was unacceptable for Muslims, saying it can cause listeners to rebel against religion.

Black metal is akin to hard rock music, but often uses occult imagery and lyrics. It emerged in Europe in the early 1980s and has made inroads in Southeast Asia in recent years, though its popularity has remained limited to underground rock fans.

Some people in Malaysia ? a moderate, mostly Muslim nation - have urged authorities to clarify whether Muslims should shun the music after police on New Year's Eve detained some 380 revelers at an alleged black metal concert in Kuala Lumpur for suspected drug use and other offenses.

The National Fatwa Council, comprising Islamic scholars hand-picked by Malaysia's king, said Monday that the themes of black metal music were prohibited by Islam, claiming they could lead Muslims to stray from their beliefs, consume alcohol and indulge in sexual misconduct.

Authorities plan to enact new laws allowing charges to be laid against Muslims who form black metal bands, council spokesman Shukor Husin was quoted as saying by the national news agency, Bernama.

"We are trying to prevent any increase in our society in the number of such band members," Shukor said following a meeting by the council to investigate the issue.

Penalties for taking part in black metal groups were not immediately clear, and Shukor didn't say whether it would also be an offense to attend black metal concerts or listen to such music. Phone calls to the council's office were not immediately answered.

Some 60 percent of Malaysia's 26 million people are ethnic Malay Muslims, who are subject to Islamic laws as well as the country's secular legal system. The council's rulings don't affect the ethnic Chinese and Indian minorities, who are mainly Buddhists, Christians and Hindus.

This is rather silly, I think, as the music isn't all Satanic and going to lead all Islamic folk astray if just some bits get through the cracks, is it?
  25. HowardFilms Jedi Master

star 4
    Who despises Christians

Only the entire Middle East....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.