main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Satanism

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Cobranaconda, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004

Thats a wild broadstroke. I mean its not like the Middle East isnt the part of the world where Christianity was born.

2. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    There are christians in Lebanon, Israel, Syria, Jordan...the list goes on.

3. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Wow, seems like someone's got a case of the Persecution Complex.

Entire Mid East? Yeesh.

Whoopi Goldberg, For The Win!

4. Aqua-Serenity

Aqua-Serenity Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2006
    [face_peace]

5. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I don't know much abotu Malayasia's justice system, or about "black metal" but in principle it sounds okay.

That is, if it's strictly religious leaders saying people of that religion shouldn't listen to that kind of music, I think it makes sense. And I don't think it's unreasonable that a genre that is (apparently) heavily occultic might cause problems for religious people if they really take a liking to the music.

I don't support punishing people for listening, though.

6. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Well, this has all followed on from a Norwegian band getting one of their gigs cancelled in Malaysia. The Norwegian Black Metal bands, in the early nineties, decided to adopt a very bizarre stance in regards to religion. They labelled themselves Satanic Terrorists, and burned down several age-old Churches in Norway, including Fantoft. They also proclaimed that they were "Norsk Arisk Black Metal"... "Norwegian Aryan Black Metal" in English. Several of them also committed murders, including several in the band MayheM, which lies at the centre of this Malaysian fiasco, as it was their gig that was cancelled. I'm not going to post the entire bands history in here, but suffice to say one of their vocalists committed suicide, and one of their bassists killed one of their guitarists. None of this was linked directly to Satanism, although the Guitarist Murdered was rumoured to have been the Satanic Terrorists "Leader".

I can understand the Fatwa Council not approving of the music, and I can see where they're going with all of the stuff about alcohol and drugs, such things are strictly prohibited under Islamic Law. But banning people from listening to a certain type of music is surely blocking human rights or something?

Another thing about this is that many non-Metal bands are getting caught up in it. Several ska-punk bands have spoken out saying that their gigs have been raided due to suspected "Black Metal Activities", which is quite amazing when you consider that Ska is usually quite upbeat music whereas Black Metal is melancholy and has a bit of an unholy undertone. Personally I think that the Fatwa is just trying to get rid of any non-Malaysian music styles, or ones that aren't very Islamic in style.

But, really, they can ban the Muslim people in the country from listening to it if they want, the Fatwa can ban the Islamic people in Malaysia from doing anything. But what about tourists? If one were to visit Malaysia, one who was a fan of Metal, and just happened to have a few CD's or mp3's of Black Metal, what would happen then? Would they be put on trial for heresy against Islam without even being a Muslim? Would they be put into jail for being Satanic?

I listen to it, and I'm not a Devil-worshipper. Luciferianism and Satanism are completely different things anyway. As previously stated in this thread, Satan, in Satanism, is just a metaphor for human lusts and wants.

7. DarkLordArchangel

DarkLordArchangel Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2006
    Like an ideologist I think I can say something here. Religion has been a base of the World for many centuries. Today its role is different and if we talk about the Christians there is much more to discuss. The Satanism is something veeery bad and its main purpose is to destroy this base. Satanism is a word that with a great power, but not only in real way. I strongly disagree with this...ideology let's say, because this is an idea, a doctrine, which affect our most important principes. There are of course clans, and whole organizations based on Satanism. It is one of the reasons for the appearance of the mass terorism today. In my opinion Satanism must be restricted and its apprentices must be hunted down and their destiny has to be decided by a special law.

8. JediTerminator

JediTerminator Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2004
    I have studied Christianity a lot and when people say that America is mostly Christian and look at what they do, their actions are nothing of Christianity.

Thats when "real-Christians" say that America is made up of Satanism.

9. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    Where Christianity is born isn't the point. The Roman Empire killed Jesus, and now the Catholic Church is based in Rome. It's called irony.

But if you don't think christians are hated, and persecuted, in the Middle East, give it a google search.

10. JediTerminator

Aug 23, 2004
    We all now Christians are being persecuted in the Middle East. Its not Satanism persecuting them, its Islam. (Not bashing Islam here.)

11. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    I know. I was just responding to the "Christians aren'r persecuted" poster

12. JediTerminator

Aug 23, 2004

Ah, okay.

13. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    People in the middle east don't hate christians (I disagree with the assertion that they *all* do, but it does seem to be a prevalent attitude) because of anything having to do with christianity. They hate christians because, generally speaking, christians are richer and have a much higher standard of living than muslims.

When you're living in a hole in the ground and you hear that the people bombing you have TVs inside their cars, it can tend to create resentment and hatred.

Not to mention that a lot of Muslim clerics are even better than Pat Robertson in the practice of stirring up the masses and creating hate for no other reason than to consolidate their own power.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.