main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Satele Shan's age

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Slowpokeking, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    According to the Encyclopedia she was born in 3699 BBY, so she should be 57-58 in game time. She also looks around 50 in the game. But in Threat of Peace(around 10 years before the game story) her appearance and persona was not like someone who's 40, at most 25-30.

Also she had become the youngest individual to assume the position of the Jedi Order's Grand Master in 3643 BBY, but that also brought a plot hole, she should be 56 at time. Nomi was clearly younger than that when she became the Grand Master, she was at most 30 during the Great Sith War and 40 in the end of TotJ.

2. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    People age weird. It's Star Wars.

3. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Pretty sure Nomi wasn't the Grand Master because that title didn't exist when her comics came out, so no problem there.

4. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    There is a Grand Master long before Nomi's time.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Biel_Ductavis

Sure when TotJ released there was no such title but now we know the title started long before the Great Sith War. She was head of the Order so she is a Grand Master.

5. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    Slowpokeking is correct there. Nomi definitely was the Grandmaster by title even as per guidebooks calling her that.

As for Sateles age, I'd go by textual evidence over visual evidence. Her age was retconned and moved around quite a bit so the visual depiction of a youth is in error in this case sadly though I preferred it.

as for youngest Grandmaster (add: since re-formation of the Order after its near extinction in KOTOR 2 due to Kreia and folks) then it makes sense.

thesevegetables likes this.
  6. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Thing to remember about threat of peace is that when it was released there some talk that the game would be set 50 years after it, not 10-20. Also everyone looks different, so don't take the art as gospel.

7. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    And Theron Shan obviously grew up super fast.

8. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Satele ages? Lol, nope.

[​IMG]

CeiranHarmony and Zorrixor like this.
  9. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Ah, of course, like her great grandfather, she's a changeling, I get it.

It's so obvious now!

10. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    a pity her great grandfather ended up as Jediinstructing Tennantbot in TCW :p guess he kept instructing after some Iskalonian Borg turned him into a Cyberman

Zorrixor likes this.
  11. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    The only real sign she has of aging is slight wrinkles under her eyes in TOR. It fits fairly well with the "60 is the new 40" rule in Star Wars, though.

I could buy her being about Qui-Gon's age, giving SW's rule on aging.

12. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Revan always did have a thing for droids, so makes sense. :p

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  13. Tinwe

Tinwe Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    Do you happen to remember any specific instance where Nomi is called a Grand Master? (With a page number, if possible. ;)) There's been quite a lot back and forth on this at Wookieepedia over the years, and it would be nice to have the issue finally settled. Nomi's article does call her the head of the Jedi Order, but she isn't listed as a Grand Master in the GM article because there hasn't been any sources that would explicitly confirm her as such.

14. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    wotc KOTOR campaign guide I thought but have to check if it was that one or else. TOTJ Sourcebook can't be since it did not include Redemption comic. hmm Factfiles maybe?

15. Tinwe

Tinwe Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    Took a look at the KOTOR campaign guide and couldn't find a mention of Nomi there, but that may just be me and not the book. Too bad Alex Irvine's Mandorla was canceled, I bet it would have had a thing or two to say about the Grand Master thing. :p