main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA SATURDAY 14TH FEB- BUSHFIRE APPEAL

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by _Master-Skywalker_, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Hunky

Darth_Hunky Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2006
    Speak for yourself..............I can be.....

:)

2. Darth_Rhadei

Darth_Rhadei Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2008
    The Imperial Garrison stationed at Hollywood Plaza did extremely well, m'lord.

Seriously, the most fun I've had in a shopping center in ages. ROYAL GUARD FTW!
    We must have raised 600-700 in total. Overall, a really awesome day.

Glad to meet those today (You know who you are :))

I had alot of fun!

Big thanks to TK, who lent me his Royal Guard costume to scare the children!

3. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    My arms are sore from holding onto the tins (I think I went through about three of them), but that's a small price to pay. Finally got to meet DR :)

We were very well received today. Thanks MS and everyone who organised with the centres and Red Cross.

4. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    I'm proud to announce the Northern fundraising total -
    The Imperial stronghold with a Jedi defector amongst us raised ....

drum roll please.....

$1761.10

I'm so proud of the effort that everyone who attended raised.

YOU GUYS ROCK!

I know the Southern fundraising total but MS will have to announce that himself.

A very special thankyou to JMSD, CB & Leslie. Your generosity knows no bounds. Thank you so much for the donations to help raise this massive amount. Without you guys this would not have been possible.

[:D]

Can't wait to have you guys back online.

5. cunning

cunning Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2008
    wow nice work guys,
    Marion was good fun, was great to meet some of you guys at last, sorry i could stay till the end tho
    -Garth/TK 8583

6. Darth_Rhadei

Mar 15, 2008
    Holy Crap! WELL DONE! Big congrats to all!

7. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    Most impressive =D=

8. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    Hi cunning, sorry the rest of us 501sters haven't had the opportunity to troop with you yet. Thanks for representing us down south with Luche & Megan!!

Great work mate & look forward to trooping with you soon.

9. REX_501

REX_501 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 6, 2008
    OMG!!! :eek:

Well done guys!!! =D=

10. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    We weren't able to make it down, but good to hear it went well. Great work all :D

I went to the HWY the other night for a band and a few beers. They raised $20K! :)

11. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    If we had beer there today, would it have helped your attendance? [face_whistling]

12. Darth_Rhadei

Mar 15, 2008
  13. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    I want to thank everyone so so much for the time & effort that they put into today. It exceeded my wildest dreams of what we could achieve in just 1 day.

We were at work from 8.45am - 4.45pm with barely a break, but what a fun, exhausting day it was.

drum roll please ...

drrrr........

at Marion we raised:

$2,079.75

For a grand TOTAL of $3,840.85

:eek:

There's some people that need a special mention with out this it would never have been the success that it was.

evil & Leektar for being in charge of team Hollywood. You guys did a fantastic job & you had a much smaller centre to work with. Great job guys in marshaling your troops.

Thankyou to Adalia for the idea & then aquiring the supersized tins, we ended up even getting 2 more later in the day too & Addiesclone for making signs for us too.

To all who ALL turned up to both events, if you stayed a little or a lot, your contribution was appreciated, thankyou.

and most importantly to Jarrad,Sarah & Leslie who like evil said we could never have raised anywhere near what we did with out your generosity, it astounds me how much you guys keep giving. It knows no ends

[:D]

Garth, it was really great to meet you today. Thankyou for staying in your TK armour for so many hours with out even a break, great trooping with you.

Megan, Luche & Tracey, it was great to catch up with you guys again after so long. Thankyou for coming down & joining in all the fun.

Hunky, really sorry you weren't able to join us :(

Thank you one & all, what a magic magic day :D

pics to follow soon:

14. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
  15. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    some pics from today:

our display:

[image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/_Master-Skywalker_/Events/BF1.jpg]

Rebel Legion crew:

[image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/_Master-Skywalker_/Events/BF2.jpg]

our TK Cunning:

[image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/_Master-Skywalker_/Events/BF3.jpg]

our lucky winner, James of Aberfoyle Park (can this be added to the SAFF site please too?)

[image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/_Master-Skywalker_/Events/BF4.jpg]

If anyone else has pics of today, especially of the Hollywood event which obviously I didn't get to see I'd love to see them :)

16. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Blooming Brilliant!!!! =D=

17. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    Our photos were taken by Shane Fett's mate, Nigel.

We're getting the photo's from Shane on Monday night & will post after that.

Our raffle winner has finally been contacted & the chocolate will be delivered tomorrow afternoon. She was overjoyed at the win as she said she has never won anything before (an older lady with a very heavy European accent).

Our winning ticket was drawn by Hollywood centre management for undisputable neutrality.
    Orange ticket - C 99 - Nina of Paralowie.

We plan to put a notice of the draw result on the community notice board in the centre along with a thank you for everyones generosity.

18. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Thats a great idea evil, should do it south too, to make sure those who want to ask can find out. ;)

Looks like there are two people in Adelaide tonight who will have to plan their chocolate eating for the next year!!

It was fun, and really easy, cause so many were happy to give what ever they could to help. I was told by many how helpless they felt through all this and that this idea of the SAFF's was brilliant. Kudos to JMSD, CB, SP, MS, ei, and Leektar who pulled this off. Good job all round. =D=

19. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    And thanks to the guy in the Yiros shop who pulled a few bucks out of the till [face_laugh]

I've never experienced anything like that though. People were coming from all sides to put money in the tin. And it was amazing that you'd give someone a wave as they walked by and that was enough for people to put their hands in pockets. Well except for the couple of little kids I made cry, but we won't talk about that.

And why were so many people telling TK to put his helmet on? ;)

20. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    the idea of doing this came from a phone conversation I had with evil on Monday night, he suggested we should do a fund raiser for Victoria.

I thought, we raised $800 in one chocolate raffle over 2 shopping centre appearance North & South, lets do them both on the same day !

Couldn't have done it without evils input, thanks mate.

It took a lot of planning and more phone calls than I have ever made in my life time, shouldn't have been as hard as it was*lol*

But I have just a such wonderful feeling knowing we did something really really great today. I am SO proud of the effort put in today by members of all 3 groups- SAFF/Rebel Legion & TAG.

Thankyou guys, you did yourselves & the groups you represented immensely proud today.

21. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Amazing stuff you guys.

It's hard to find someone over here that hasn't been effected by these fires in some way, and it really makes you proud to be an Aussie when you hear of the generosity and the support of people all over the country.

You guys may never see the faces of the people you're helping, but you can sleep well tonight knowing that someone will have clothes on their back and eventually a roof over their heads because of the amazing efforts you put in today. Well done!

I'd also like to add just how amazingly proud I am to be a Star Wars fan at this very moment. :D

22. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    oh I will mate, I am totally exhausted *lol*

23. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    It really was a great day, and I'm so excited about how much we raised!

I had lots of fun today, and it was great to be doing something to help those in need :D

Thanks to all those who organised both events, it couldn't have been done without you!

Great to meet so many of you and I look forward to more troops with you all! :D

24. Darth_Rhadei

Mar 15, 2008
    Lol. My score for scaring both children and adults is in the mid 50's somewhere. Went into EB Games, and asked for a copy of The Force Unleashed (As a joke), walked around the food court and smacked myself in the nads cause I couldn't see the chairs.
    (I originally tried to post this on my PS3 browser, but it kept sending me back to the post creation screen so I jumped on my PC.)

In the words of Unreal Tournament, "HOLY ****!" - Thats one big wad of cash headin' where its needed most. I'm sure that the vics and Red Cross will be very appreciative.

I would, but they're mostly of me. The only photos of the entire troop, is one with my uncle included - which I'm not sure if he'd be very keen on having it posted on the internet.

25. JEDI66

JEDI66 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2008
    great job guys, i sent my mum down to contribute at Hollywood, she took some pics with yaz that il post soon.

apparently she called Darth Vaders helmet a Hat or a Bucket or something?!? lol, she didnt know what any of the characters were hahah.....she gets mixed up between Jabba and JarJar though so dont worry!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.