main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson SATURDAY, JANUARY 20TH- TUCSON FAN FORCE MEETING - 2:00PM Joel Vadez Main Library

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Dec 29, 2006.

1. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    I'm gonna try and make it Dustin. I've been having some car troubles, but I think its ok now. I'll let you know for sure before Saturday.

2. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I'm going to try to make Deviled eggs.

3. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Library seems to be slow starting, still want to do it, but guess till we get more books for it, just on hold.

4. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Remind me next time I've over UR house... I'll bring the books I can get my hands on and that other thing I keep forgetting.

5. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    The agenda expandeth:
    -Susan G. Komen
    -KUAT
    -C4 planning
    -RPG update
    -Toy Boxx summer event planning
    -DSG update
    -Flowing Wells concert, March 28th, May 9th
    -Fan Force library
    -TFF photo shoot?
    -Events/parties that I?m forgetting

6. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    ok, so library, downstairs, and at 2pm. Got It. c u there

7. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Add a 2006 recap tot he beginning of the agenda, we'll play the video then

8. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    Okay, actually, I already had it on the agenda O:)

9. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    If I can get off of my procrastinating backside, I'll be bringing a dish I call Wookiee Pasta Surprise.

And, of course, sodas.

10. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    o_O [face_worried] :eek:

11. 14of3amberofborg

14of3amberofborg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006

The "surprise" part is kinda acary....

12. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Sounds good Jack, thanks!

Same here, if I stop procrastinating I'll start them Deviled Eggs

13. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Took me almost 4 hours but they are done! Star Wars style too:-B

14. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    IS the senior olympics and Dillinger day going to effect us getting to the library tomorrow? I watched the news and they said downtown streets are going to be closed for both events.

15. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    No idea, so everyone try and get there early to secure parking.

16. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I've looked for a hour and can't find a map of what streets are closed. All I can find out is Tool and Congress are closed. No idea if it's the whole street and how far it really goes (parking will effect the street closures also). From 7:00 am- 9:00pm. Just stay clear of Hotel Congress.

<Snip> Dillinger Days - THE S AZ TRANSPORTATION MUSEUM & THE DOWNTOWN COALLITION & I HAVE JOINED TO HAVE AN ARTS & CRAFTS SHOW AT THE HISTORIC TRAIN DEPOT. THERE WILL BE ENTERTAINMENT, ARTS & CRAFTS, FOOD & A BEER GARDEN. HOTEL CONGRESS WILL HAVE SHOOTOUT REEACTMENTS & AN OLD TIME CAR CHASE. Time: 9:00AM - 5:00PM - phone: 574-9320

Dillinger Days 1934 Street Festival - Dramatic re-enactments of 1934 capture of "public enemy number one," John Dillinger, staged at Hotel Congress, with other public events in the area of 5th Ave. and Toole Ave. www.downtowntucson.org Time: 8:00AM - 8:00PM - phone: 884-5980 </Snip>

Jakes (excellent) directions:

The easiest way to get there is to come in from Stone Ave and 6th St heading south into downtown...turn right (west) on Alemeda and imediately get into the far left lane to turn left into the garage...then go to the 2nd level and find a spot to park...you will be on level LL2 when looking at the buttons on the elevator...take elevator to level LL1...the stairs leading upstairs will be in front of you and the door to the meeting room just to the left.

17. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Are they shaped like star destroyers?:confused:

18. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    No, thought about something like that but too hard with cooked shelled eggs, nothing that elaborate

19. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Maybe just little white-and-yellow death stars...

About the parkin/dfriving situation, I really hope it isn't going to be a problem. If something comes up anyone can call me on my kind-of cell phone (shared w/ my mom) at 869-6824

20. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Dustin did an OUTSTANDING job on the DVD!=D=

21. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Seconded by me, and here is hoping NEXT YEAR'S DVD is even better (because of what we will accomplish this year). Let's make it three in a row at Howl-a-ween!

22. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Thirded by me!! Excellent job Dustin!!! I will get you more $ for another two copies and a copy of Mugen's dvd as well.

March of Dimes Walk America is April 14, held at the same place as last year. The day before the Komen Race for the Cure. I won't be able to do it this year even though I would like to... but I will be at Reid park preparing for the Race for the Cure for the next day.

The group will need to decide if they want to do this walk in addition to the Komen Race for the Cure the following day.

23. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Great job on the dvd Dustin if you have time would drop off my copy at the mall?? I am there mon/tues 9-5

-Chris

24. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    Minutes!

Attendance:
    cathiecat
    JediObiKat
    Anakin_Vader
    Mugen
    firstsonofsolo
    Gabriel...what's your screen name again?
    Rebelmom
    hal9k1
    DialSwiftJustice
    Kickingandscreaming
    Mr. Wookiee
    Bylar

Happenings:
    -Thanks to Mr. Wookiee for his Gungan pasta surprise, Rebelmom for the tasty jambalaya and cake, and Hal for the deviled eggs, and cathiecat for the other cake! (Happy now Mr. Wookiee??)
    -DSJ showed us his awesome slideshow DVD of the past year's events. Thanks to DSJ for putting that together!
    -Next weekend up in Phoenix is the Cactus comic con. It looks like some of us will be going.
    -March of Dimes, April 14th, is the day before the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, so we need to decide if we actually want to do this event
    -Susan G. Komen, April 15th, at Reid Park, aroudn 12,000 people are expected to be there, so this would be good exposure for the club. There will be a 1 mi. and a 3 mi run/walk which we can participate in if we want, though our main function will be entertaining the kids. We can have a booth at this event to promote ourselves. We'll be inviting the DSG to come down. Sunday February 11, we'll be meeting at Cat's house to put together some kiddie games for the event.
    -Flowing Wells concert: March 28th, 6pm, and May 9th, both are Wednesday evenings.
    -Toyboxx Teen Challenge: tentatively scheduled for March 31st if the afternoon
    -Hosptial visit (DSG event): we are going to try and get one scheduled for February
    -Send in recipes for the cookbook!!!
    -TFF library: bring books you want to donate to our club library over to Cat's house
    -C4: at least four people are going

Next meeting: Saturday February 24, 2pm, main library

25. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    What? Not one comment about my Wookiee Pasta Surprise?:eek: :_|

Do you know how many Gungans I had to kill in order to...
    ...okay, I didn't use any Gungans in it, but I do like killing Gungans![face_devil] :D