main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Saturday: Lower Greenville St. Patrick's Day Party

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Nabooty_Call, Mar 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Tomorrow, on 3/17 St. Pat's Day:

http://dfw.citysearch.com/E/E/DALTX/0215/71/95/cs1.html

If Carrot Top's the grand marshal of the parade, it can't be all that bad, can it [face_devil]

Also, there's probably going to be a parking shortage, so the Dart station at Central & Mockingbird will be running shuttles down to Greenville.

Anyone interested ?[face_plain]

2. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I wish I would have seen this sooner. I ended up going down to Greenville with a bunch of people I hardly know. I didn't like too many of them either. A bit too fratty for my tastes.

But I did meet Carrottop at Two Rows :D

3. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    So B'omarr, is CT as abrasively entertaining in person as in his comedy bits?

Didn't get to go, since I went to the Dallas Video Festival instead. Maybe next year.

4. Genetic_Misfire

Genetic_Misfire Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey Nabooty, I remember a post where you said that Mike Judge would be talking at this film fest. Well, I went to Austin over the weekend for SXSW and to see my supercool friend Meg's band play ( http://www.megleechin.com ) and ended up wandering in to a club called the Velvetta Room. While there, we were able to see the guy (John something or other) that does the voice of Dale on King of the Hill do standup comedy. Quite cool.

James

5. kephy

kephy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2000
    I was down there. Thankfully, I did NOT run into Carrot Top.

6. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Cool, James! Mike Judge was at the DVF to receive the Ernie Kovacs award. We got to see several of his early works and some choice Beavis&Butthead on the big screen.

One of my friends snuck back to where Mike was after the show and got him to do a quick Butthead sketch for his collection!

And, sadly, Carrot Top was not there :(

7. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    Carrot Top seemed to have the "I'm better that you because people know who I am" mentality. That, and he was wearing lots of make-up at Two Rows. I didn't like him too much.

And he kept pulling out all these dumb props too ;)

8. kephy

kephy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2000
    Why would ANYONE be proud to be Carrot Top?!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.