main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson SATURDAY, MARCH 31 TUCSON FAN FORCE MEETING - 2:30PM JOEL VALDEZ MAIN LIBRARY

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Feb 25, 2007.

1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    a bit early.. but in order to turn in the scrolling header request we need a thread to attach it to.. so....... please remember we already made our March meeting thread.

2. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Wow. I'm the first post.

3. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    ummm....2nd. [face_peace]

4. FORCEinept

FORCEinept Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2006
    Hey All,I'm back in tucson. I'll most likely be at the meeting. where is the library?

5. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Welcome back!

Joel D. Valdez Main Library (Downtown- main branch)

101 N. Stone Ave., 85701, 791-4393

From the I-1O freeway
    Speedway exit, go east to Stone Avenue, turn right on Stone, go under the underpass, continue south to Alameda, then turn right on Alameda. Library parking garage is 1/2 block past Stone on the left.

From the I-10 Freeway
    Congress exit, go east to 6th Avenue, turn left, continue north to Alameda. Make a left on Alameda and go west on Alameda to Stone Avenue. Library parking garage is 1/2 block past Stone on the left.

From the Stone and Speedway intersection
    go south on Stone, under the underpass, continue south to Alameda, then turn right on Alameda. Library parking garage is 1/2 block past Stone on the left.
    From Broadway
    head west under the underpass. The road will fork; take the right fork which becomes Toole Avenue. Continue on Toole going west to the second light where the road will fork again. Take a left onto Alameda, then continue west on Alameda to Stone Avenue. Library parking garage is 1/2 block past Stone on the left.

From Broadway (alternate route)
    head west under the underpass. The road will fork; take the left fork which becomes Congress St. Continue west on Congress, then turn right on 6th Ave, go north to Alameda, make a left on Alameda and continue west to Stone Avenue. Library parking garage is 1/2 block past Stone on the left.

From South 6th Avenue or East 22nd Street
    go north on 6th Avenue past Broadway, continue north on 6th Avenue to Alameda. Make a left on Alameda and go west on Alameda to Stone Avenue. Library parking garage is 1/2 block past Stone on the left.

http://www.lib.ci.tucson.az.us/pdf/main_map_dir.pdf

6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Can't wait to see you... I can't believe March is finally here.. we have what.. one or two events this month..??

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Hey, the scrolling meeting information is actually correct. It's advertising our March meeting.

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    yep.. now I have to make sure to be ready with the thread and scrolling header info for the April meeting on March 31st soon as I get home from the March meeting. Kat remind me.. stay on me about it so I don't forget!!

Speaking of.. everyone.. for the March meeting.. most likely a few of our members are going to be needing to leave early to go out of town so let's try to get through this months meeting as fast as we can.. now if I am wrong and these members don't need to go out of town.. then disregard this message.. but I am posting this to remind myself to discuss this with them before the meeting and be sure if it is or is not a fact. I know and realize there is a lot going on right now and we have a lot of stuff to discuss.. but for one.. we have flowing wells before the meeting.. so that will be a discussion of what went well and what needs to be better for the May event.. at this point C4 is SO important I know that has to be on the agenda and will continue to need major discussion.. anyway.. I know the march and april meeting will be really important with everything going on. We can always meet up on a week night extra if anyone is up for it. I know some of us have been doing that in mini groups already anyway.

okay.. you know the drill.. PM Kat your wants and needs for the March meeting and she will make the agenda and bring it to the meeting.

any ideas for food??

9. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Saturday March 31st eh? Hmmm let me think.....*thinking*.....I dont think I have anything going on that day, so I would love to go! Im gonna see if big_boss_nass wants to go if any of you new guys remember who he is.Him and I actualyl wanted to start playing Young Jedi again so if anyones interested then let me know.Were also looking for someone to trade Yougn Jedi and TCG cards with so yea...Someone remind me to go to the meeting too or else I might forget.Thanks!

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
  11. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I will not be able to make this meeting.

But for the CIV agenda, I wantt o add we have space inthe van still, and Ill need everyones share before I pick it up.

12. 14of3amberofborg

14of3amberofborg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    I am gonna make it to this one!! Yeah me!! So the important issue is....
    What are we eating???

I think I will bring some food food... Maybe enchiladas?? Yes thats it enchiladas with beans and rice....

13. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    We need to get a roll of paper towel.

I'll be bringing some Frangos. Don't know what else yet.

14. darthspino

Aug 18, 2001
    Holy crap I forgot about food, should bbn and I bring something?

15. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Here's the agenda draft:

-Susan G. Komen
    -C4 planning
    -Flowing Wells concert, March 28th, May 9th
    -RPG update
    -Toy Boxx
    -MS Walk on the wild side
    -Fan Force library
    -DSG update
    -Events/parties that I?m forgetting
    -Cookbook update
    -Trading cards
    -Anything else?

Let me know if you have anything to add.

16. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Edit: ?

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    feel free to bring anything you like if you want to :).. most of the people that show up eat just about anything.. though the men favor gungan most of all ;)

I am not sure what Jake and I are bringing.. but it will be something that is edible I promise :rolleyes:

18. darthspino

Aug 18, 2001
    Good times, I apologize ahead of time if I dont bring anything, sorry guys.What do you guys do about the trading cards and stuff? Do you guys get together and trade or play? Should BBN and I bring our Star Wars cards?

19. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    at the moment we don't have any specific one's in the group that are into trading cards, however that is not to say we don't have interested parties.. by all means feel free to bring anything at all that you are interested in sharing. I certainly am interested in seeing what you have.

20. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I am bowing out of CIV, so add to the agenda the Van and see who wants me to tranfer responsibility of it to

21. big_boss_nass

big_boss_nass Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Nov 12, 2001
    I'm hoping to make it to this meeting. I feel like I am beginning to get sick. Hopefully this nasty feeling goes away by then.

22. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    This would be the place to be for the meeting.

23. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    Attendance:
    Cathiecat
    JediMasterDragonSir
    RebelMom
    JediObiKat
    14of3AmberofBorg
    firstsonofsolo
    _Anakin_Vader_
    hal9k1
    ForceInept (welcome back!)
    Mr. Wookiee
    Bylar
    Yoda_Force (welcome!)

Minutes:
    -The TFF library is growing. It is currently located at Cat's house. Perhaps the current holder of the books could post a list of what's in the library.... Mike "volunteered" to be the newest librarian.
    -Next RPG April 6th and 20th April at Cat's house
    -It was brought up to place an ad for birthday parties in the Bear Essentials kids' newspaper
    -If more younglings join the group, the idea of having a TFF kids group was brought up.
    -Hal is our DSG liason.
    -"Heart of an Empire": We want to go see this as a group, hopefully participating somehow. We may coordinate something with the DSG (Did they say anything at the meeting yesterday?) Cat will call the film festival contact to see what we can do with the film.
    -MS Walk of the Wild Side: A few people from the TFF are going.
    -Flowing Wells: The March performance went over really well. For the May performance they want us back and better than ever (i.e. with skit or lightsaber duel, etc)
    -Race for the Cure: Be at Reid Park on April 15th by 6am. The map of the kids area will be posted (hint, hint, somebody with a scanner). We will have our backdrop there. Bring water!
    -CIV: Work out the transportation details online.
    -Next meeting...ummmm, anyone?

24. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    I don't make the rules around here. Do we have a meeting date scheduled? It's getting pretty late in the month... and the banner takes like 2 weeks to get updated...

25. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    I saw in the February meeting thread that we might be having a meeting on April 21st sometime between 2-10pm at Bookman's...
    Dustin, did you actually put in a request for this?