main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Saturday, May 23 - IEFF Meeting - Mt. Top Café - 9:00 a.m.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I had to make a decision, guess that's why I get paid the big bucks! Having a meeting before Debbie's concert just wasn't going to work and we need to get a meeting in before the Biane Library event. Sorry for the early morning, but it's the only time I'm available. I'm really hoping most of you can make it.

What: IEFF Meeting
    When: Saturday, May 23
    Time: 9:00 a.m.
    Where: Mt. Top Café
    7637 Hwy 138 (and Hwy 2)
    Wrightwood
    Are you sure: Yes!

We need to go over the final details for the Library event, new logo and what that means and entails, and a few other things I need to bring up.

I'll need to make reservations so they have a table ready for us so please let me know if you're coming.

2. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    This is why you make the big bucks. We will be there, 4 of us.

3. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Two for sure but possibly four (Rochelle + Dane)

Will let you know for sure on the four by wednesday

4. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Me for sure, I need to find out Darren's practice schedule for that weekend. Though honestly, I don't think the idea of getting up that early will appeal to him! ;)

5. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    FYI: That is Memorial Day weekend. If you happen to be a lover of yard sales (as I am), that's Wrightwood's traditional weekend for community yard sales. There's probably several hundred. It's great fun and I always find tons of bargains and good stuff.

Sonya, I set it for early in case we have another work day. There are few things I'd miss these yard sales for however our project is one of them.

6. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I'll be at LAX at that time.

7. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    That should be the weekend before Memorial Day. I thought the library was on the Memorial Day weekend?

8. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Memorial weekend is early this year. Memorial Day is the last Monday in May, so it's the 25th. The library event is the weekend after.

9. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    My bad. Thanks for the information.

10. Jendi

Jendi Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 24, 2008
    Where is Wrightwood? I may come depending on if I can get up that early and how far it is from Rancho. Jen

11. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    20 minutes up the hill toward Victorville. Take the 15 north and get off at the 138 exit which is at the bottom of the pass. You'll see the Mc Donalds + Chevron gas station on the right as you get off the freeway.

Once you get off the freeway, turn left and you'll see the Cafe on the right hand side of hwy 138. This should take you about 10 minutes or so to get there. It's where the 138 + hwy 2 going toward wrightwood meet. You simply can't miss it.

Here's some pictures from our last visit

[image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/2008%20EVENTS/May%20Meeting%20Wrightwood%205%2008/MayMeetingWrightwood508001.jpg]

[image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/2008%20EVENTS/May%20Meeting%20Wrightwood%205%2008/MayMeetingWrightwood508002.jpg]

[image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/2008%20EVENTS/May%20Meeting%20Wrightwood%205%2008/MayMeetingWrightwood508005.jpg]

[image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/2008%20EVENTS/May%20Meeting%20Wrightwood%205%2008/MayMeetingWrightwood508013.jpg]

12. benct7

benct7 Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2009
    I am pretty sure I will be there. I will let you know by monday.

13. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Hmm, don't think I'll be able to make this one. Job search just takes priority right now.

14. Jedi_Knight_JT

Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2006
    I understand that!!:D I'd like to go, but I have no way of getting There and Back Again.

(lame "Hobbit" reference... lol)

15. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    This is somewhat of an important meeting everyone. That being said, who is coming?

HSF
    Wifey (Rochelle, Dane, will be there as we're going hiking afterward)

16. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    I'm not going to be able to make it. I'm sorry!!!

17. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Me! Me! Pick me!!!
    I mean, I will be attending.
    :D

18. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    This is somewhat of an important meeting everyone. That being said, who is coming?

HSF
    Wifey (Rochelle, Dane, will be there as we're going hiking afterward)
    Nicole

19. Jedi_Knight_JT

Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2006
    I'd love to attend (Yoda knows I need to go to meetings more often ;)) but I have no way of getting there or home after the meeting.

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    As you may know, Sonya and I are involved with a LFL project through the RL and 501st. It's kinda been consuming us the past week. The pressure is on because it HAS to be finished by midnight on Sunday. Saturday is the last group day that all of us will be able to work on it together. What, you may ask, does this have to do with the meeting?????We just can't make it to the IEFF meeting.

As bad as I feel about bailing on you guys, I have to do it. The LFL thing is a huge opportunity and there's been money sunk into it, so I had to make it the priority. I'm really sorry!!!

The event that this is for takes place on the 31st and 1st, so next weekend will be crazy for us. (once it's all over we'll be able to give details and post pix)

Since so few can make it to the meeting, let's go ahead and cancel it. We accomplish everything we need to on the boards. There are some details we need to iron out on the library event, so please go to that thread.

Again, I'm really sorry.

21. librarywalker

librarywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2009
    Man, good thing i didn't set my alarm. If you guys do set a meeting for prior to SWN at PAB and would like a rep from it, go ahead and post it or let me know and i'll be there. But regardless i'm sure we'll all be set and cool either way.

22. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    What Kari said, sorry to bail guys! But look at it this way, you'll get to sleep in now!

23. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Yea, right! It's more than a 15 minute drive! [face_laugh]

24. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    So are we going to still have the meeting? Or is it just on the boards? Either one works for us. Understand what you and Sonya are doing, understand getting everything done on your LFL stuff.
    We still have a lot of packing to do, which is what we were going to be doing after the meeting. Still have not found a place to go yet. Send prayers, please.

25. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    No meeting Sandy. :)

Prayers sent.[face_praying]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.