main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Saturday May 25th, 5:25 pm, Arden and Ethan Theater, Meet in the Lobby 15-30 minutes before show

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Aunt Jar Jar Mimah, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    Neither fandango nor Moviefone will confirm the movie will still play at 5:25 on Saturday, but I wanted to get a time set.

I'll be sitting in the lobby about 20-30 minutes early, right inside the door (if you haven't met me, I have blond hair and everyone says I look like I'm 16). Afterward we could all go to Leatherbys, Starbucks or Dos Coyotes. Is anyone interested in something afterward? I'd be fun to have somewhere to talk about the movie after we just see it.

If Arden doesn't play the movie at 3:00 (as it appears right now), we'll set our time as close to that as possible to avoid confusion.

Absolutely anyone and everyone is welcome! The more the merrier! It's great fun to talk over the movie. PM me any questions, and I'll see everyone there Saturday!

<<EDIT: This post has been edited byour friendly neighborhood Spiceman per instructions of everybody's favorite Aunt>>

2. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Sithtwin and I are totally there! Ice-cream afterwards would be wonderful, but I?m up for anything. It will be great to talk about the movie with everyone. One thing I love about Star Wars is the in-depth storytelling and a divers range of characters.

3. fn_clone

fn_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    well, looks like I'll be seeing the movie then, only I'll be seeing it on the digital screen in San Fransisco.

Hopefully I'll catch it with you guys next time.

4. FluukeStarbucker

FluukeStarbucker Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    Aunt Jar Jar Mimah,

That sounds like a most excellent plan and I should be able to attend at that time. Mmmmm, Dos Coyotes. I am looking forward to meeting people and discussing the movie. Thank you for the invite. I wonder if this rain will ever end. Bye, for now.

5. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    *Waves Hand.

"You will see a slightly later movie"

DOH!!

Oh well if you guys plan to meet for a bit afterwards I'll swing out there...but at that time I wont be able to see the film.
    I get out of work at 4:45.

Let me know if you guys will meet after.

6. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Hi sacul. I heard what you had asked, but others had asked for a matinee time, to allow us to all afford more movies.

I'd love Sacul to be able to attend, but the general concensus was for an earlier movie. I'll leave it as an afternoon movie but make sure we have a later movie next time for you. Also, please join us afterward for whatever we end up doing.

Let me know if enough people want a later movie though.

7. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    I thought Arden charged full price all day on the weekends.

8. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    I will try to be there.

Crutag - it would be a great honor to meet Sithtwin.

sacul - I will stick around and chat. I am sure crutag and I will be there long after the movie. We have a lot to talk about my friend. Personally, I think you guys are way off base about Count Dooku. When he reached out to Kenobi and told him of the Sith controllong the Senate, that was Sidious's idea, hoping Kenobi would join them. Remember when Kenobi told Mace and Yoda that Anakin was becoming arrogant. Well Yoda agreed and said it was not with just the younger Padawans, but with the older Jedi as well. You know he was talking about Kenobi.

9. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    From Fandango
    Bargin show: Sat, Sun, & Holidays Until 2 pm: $5.75 For bargin shows

Fandango

(Don't hate me)

10. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    What about the 5:00p.m. show? We can go for dinner afterwards.

LDV?a brass light saber would totally rock! It reminds me of the old Rolls Royce engines before the Great War, they were brass.

11. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    Waddaya think Auntie? I'm down for either time, but it looks like it won't matter for the prices, and we'll get sacul.

12. Rattak_Sal-Solo

Rattak_Sal-Solo Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    Ahh, blaster bolts! I just got scheduled for an extra shift on Saturday. I won't be joining you folks, but have fun! I was one of the ones who requested an earlier showing, so now it doesn't matter what time it is. MTFBWY!

13. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Okay, I finally got moviefone to confirm the times for Saturday's shows. Let's make it 5:25, so my good friend sacul can attend. I'll pm the fan force people so this is now our official time and event. I'll try to get this thread closed or at least the title changed or something, so we don't confuse anyone.

I'll be inside the doors of the Arden and Ethan theater just after 5:00. I have blond hair and bet my husband will want to see the movie again too. Afterward we can eat at Dos Coyotes across the street and talk about the movie, if anyone late wants to join us there.

I'll see everyone there! :D pm me any questions.

14. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    Just two days! I have had major withdraws and can?t wait to see it for the fifth time.

15. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    I'm so pathetic! I've only seen it once, the midnight show. I'm really dying to see it again!

16. fn_clone

fn_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I'm right there with you, I've also only seen it once, the midnight showing. We're slackin, but I blame evil school for it.

17. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    tsk tsk tsk Auntie.......and you're our city Rep?! You should have seen it 10 times by now! Isn't that a prerequisite for the position? ;) LOL just giving you a bad time.

I am going tomorrow morning to see it for my third time. :D

18. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    crud, i can't make it! i was so looking forward to it, too! :mad:
    does anyone feel like seein' it tomorrow night (friday)? i ain't doin' jack, and i could stand to see the movie a third time. i'd probably need a ride, though, if anyone's interested.

19. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    " finally got moviefone to confirm the times for Saturday's shows. Let's make it 5:25, so my good friend sacul can attend"

YIPPIE!!!!!!!

And check it out...I finallygot a working cpu at home!!!

*does happy dance....then kills all the enemies of the Sith who saw that so it doesn't get out that the Sith are terrible dancers.

20. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
  21. Rattak_Sal-Solo

Rattak_Sal-Solo Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    Ooh, 5:25? I might actually be able to go! Cool! I'm gonna be a bit late though. I just might be lucky enough to miss the annoying "LIKE MIKE" trailer though, so that might not be a bad thing. I'm on five viewings so far, and I'm not the least bit sick of it!

22. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Cool! :D I'm so glad a lot of people can make it (Poor Elvish though! We'll catch you next time).

I know! It's frustrating I've only seen it once. I saw Phantom 10 times in the theater though. Hopefully I'll repair my AOTC record soon too.

I'll be there probably at 5:00 or a little after. I'll wear black pants and a black top, and I answer in real life to "Jennifer" if you're not comfortable approaching strangers in public places and saying "Excuse me, but are you by any chance Aunt Jar Jar Mimah?" Anyone is welcome, rather you've posted a lot or never, like SW a whole bunch or are a life long crazed fan. I'll see everyone there! :D :D

23. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    When I saw AOTC everyone hissed and boo'd the "LIKE MIKE" trailer.

Who in their right mind thought to put that hunk of crap on to AOTC? (bet someone got fired for that one)

24. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    True, so true sacul. That trailer and the movie looks so dumb, it should be advertised - Warning, by seeing this movie, you will loose brain cells!

25. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Awful, awful trailer. Shockingly awful from Hollywood, that produces a lot of awful stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.