main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saturday night Sci Fi channel B movies

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by beezel26, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Thats right those wonderful Saturday night stuck at home movies we all watch cause we can't find anything to do that night.

Whether its about Killer earthquakes and or giant bugs in an underground cave. They are sad and sorry but somehow we get stuck watching them.

What's your favorite?

Mine is the all time favorite

Mansquito.

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    They all suck. Completely, horribly and the writers for those need to be taken out into the streets and exposed to hundreds of rabid gophers.

(I'm not really a big fan. )

3. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    JT said roughly what I was going to say. I'll just load up a videogame or something to kill time or go to a friends house. I'd have to be really bored before turning on SFF to watch those awful movies.

4. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Spiders was the absolute worst one that I saw, but there aren't many out there that I've seen.

The one with Sean Austin wasn't too horrible.

5. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    There all bad. Thats why I wont watch them.

TBH, I never watched Mansquito. I just thought it was the apitome of bad B movies.

Of course you can always keep making more anaconda movies. That thing is worse then Jason and Freddy.

6. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    If only MST3K was still around. Then we could get some entertainment out of these horrid films. :_|

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

7. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Dang. Stole what I was gonna say. ;)

Yeah. Why do they show such awful tripe? Anything would be better than those pieces of dreck.

8. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    I can not understand what Sci Fi is thinking with these horrible movies. Early last semester I saw a film called Frankenfish. Frankenfish?! What!?

If you look at Battlestar Galactica, it's obvious that Sci Fi has the ability to produce high quality material. So why don't they? I think they have the capability to make really good but low-budget sci fi films. What are they thinking?

9. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Believe it or not those films actually bring in ratings. I don't know why but they do.

10. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    I love watching them because they are so horrible. They're just hilarious. Unknown actors that seem to be under the delusion that being a secondary character in Creature from Below XIV is something to be proud of, the tired cliches, the plots that are ripped off of equally bad Hollywood productions, to the special effects that look like....well, let's just say I've seen Star Wars fanfilms with better CGI. It all just cracks me up. [face_laugh]

Although I have to say I liked the acting in the Dune Miniseries, and I thought Proteus was good in terms of keeping up the chills and thrills.

11. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    SciFi produces them with an interest of creating B movies. I have no clue why they haven't made any good ones beyond one or two extremely rare occasions, but that's something of a reason.

12. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    perhaps they make them so cheap and they get advertising space from them it pays for the really expensive ones. Besides they have to pay for all the reruns and syndications and not to mention the good sci fi movies.

So they need something to fill the gap to pay the bills so to speak.

13. war_monger

war_monger Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 26, 2003
    I wish they'd take all the money they waste on those pieces of crap and put it towards a new run of Firefly. Even if they didn't succeed they could still devote that money to Battlestar Galactica (the only mildly tolerable program on that network right now).

14. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    The worst one I've seen is called Attack of the Sabretooth. Bonnie Piesse is in it, actually. It's all horrid, of course, but the effects are by far the worst I've seen in anything made recently. The CG work is less realistic than a lot of stop action effects I've seen.

15. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I thought the one with the Velacoraptors was pretty good.

16. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Question:

What do you switch to if nothing else is on?

Answer:

SCIFI Channel!!!

17. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Actually, the history channel for me.

18. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    I dislike them as a whole but for some reason I love Species.

-The Scummy-

19. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    That's probably because Species is a real studio movie that wasn't produced by Sci Fi channel. It came out in theaters like ten or eleven years ago. I do think, however, that Sci Fi produced one of the later sequels. I have not heard many good things about Species, but I would expect the quality to be a little above the movies that Sci Fi has been creating.

20. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Also, there are Nipple Tentacles.

21. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Isn't there another one coming up this weekend?
    [face_sick]

22. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.