main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC Saturday, October 28th - Carolina 501st at Discovery Place

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Hey folks, the Carolian 501st Garrison has extended an invitation to us to help them out at the
    I need to verify the 8am time because Discovery Place doesn't open until 10am.

So if anyone has a quality costume let me know. You can also help "wrangle" the characters by standing with them to make sure nobody decides to try to go Trooper tipping or rip off part of their costume [this does happen]. If you are interested in attending please let me know ASAP.

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Since I got this question in a message I'll let you all know that I'm asking if non-SW costumes are ok.

Let you know when I have more info.

3. TKBIG

TKBIG Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2006
    Hi guys!!!
    The Imperial Remnant costuming group was also invited back again to appear at this event. The event does start at 8am for a members breakfast. Sounds like quite the crowd will be there. ; )

4. TKBIG

TKBIG Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2006
    Jada,
    Great news!! We have confirmed 14 costumers coming to represent the Imperial Remnant! :)

Any guess as to how many folks will be costuming that day with us?

5. TrooperKiller

TrooperKiller Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2006
    Cool, Im glad to see we have 14. I wonder how many the 501st will bring. We can be one big, happy, trooping family.

6. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    The Charlotte Fan Force was invited by the 501st to help them. I know that there is strife between the two groups and I understand that. That can happen in any group and has happened even in fan forces. But I don't want to have this group caught between the 501st and the Imperial Remnant.

It is nice to know there will be a good turn out of costumed characters and I hope that this will be a good event for Discovery Place.

7. TKBIG

TKBIG Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2006
    Jada,
    "Stife"!?
    The IR still has numerous friends within the CG so I'm not sure what frame of reference your speaking from or its sources. My posts are regarding the large turnout of costumers for this event and the building excitement of such a turnout for all Star Wars fans. But if our presence there will cause some people to feel uncomfortable all of our members have no problem with rescheduling the IR for another day. Our group feels that events should be fun and pleasant for all involved and if there is some problem we need to be made aware of feel free to PM me.

Thanks again for all your hard work and dedication.

TKBIG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.