main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Montréal Sauver les Etats-Unis

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by PadmeCoen1138, Dec 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeCoen1138

PadmeCoen1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2000
    Je suis une Americaine qui vous demande de nous aider a reprendre notre gouvernement de George BUsh. Tout le monde sait qu'il a gagne l'election par des actions illegals. Les Canadiens peuvent nous aider par arreter de visiter les Etats Unis et d'acheter des produits qui sont faits ici. Oui, c'est etrange d'entendre ca, mais c'est la seul facon de nous aider a nous debarasser de notre President illegitime. Vous n'etes pas obliger de suivre cette conseil, mais ca va nous aider beaucoup dans l'avenir et ca va aider tout le monde aussi. Merci.

I am an American who asks all Canadians to help the States take back our government from George Bush. The only way you can help us do that is if you cut down on travel to the States and the buying of American products. This past election was clearly stolen, and was a blow to all democracy across the globe. I urge people in other countries to condemn it and boycott the U.S. This sounds like treason, but unfortunately, the only way we will get rid of BUsh is if our economy goes sour. YOu can all help this. Thank you and have a good New Year's.

PS: Si on demande comment une fille Americaine sait parler francais, je l'ai appris de mes cousins qui vivent a Montreal. Merci.

2. Entil`Zha

Entil`Zha Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 1999
    Oui, j'ai fait un reply à la conversation en anglais je crois.... Bush ne tiendra pas de second mandat.. j'en suis presque sûr

3. Bobafett074

Bobafett074 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2001
    Si vous, nos cousin canadiens (je suis francais) pouviez arreter Bush, se serait super!
    Il risque de metre un sacre bordel dans la politique mondiale!
    S'il vous plait sauvez le monde !!!!!!!!!

4. PadmeCoen1138

Aug 12, 2000
    Okay, there's really one thing to say: Bush est stupid. And the only way to get this idiot out of office is if the economy goes bad. Which is happening.
    Ca c'est l'impression de Bush; qu'il est idiot et qu'il n'es pas capable d' etre president.
    Oh, and didn't someone just resign or something in Quebec? Thought I heard that somewhere... OK, that sounded stupid, but for an American, that's knowing alot about Canada.

5. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Padme, he who resign was the prime minister of Quebec, and he reisgned only due to the slow way his standards where going..

as far as taking Bush out of the office in the bushes, (really pathetic joke here) it is something alltough we can put general knowledge that he is an idiot, you americans will have to walk up the white house and say:
    The last elections where really unjudge, and they should be redone NOW. or just build a few Super and Hyper Star destroyers.. two or three death stars, and blow that office up with the bush guy in it. allright. [face_clown]

yes I am in accord with you, but I do not believe these forums are the best place to discuss these politicals manners.. alltough,,, ;o)

6. Blast-Doors

Blast-Doors Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2001
    "This past election was clearly stolen, and was a blow to all democracy across the globe"

Not by your Constitution. I'm a Canuck who's been watching way too much CNN lately, but from what I've seen, and from what I know of your laws Bush won it, fair and square. Yes, he's an idiot, but Gore has his faults as well (the man can lie with the best of them).

I've seen the ballots used in Florida (they showed them enough bloody times on TV), and quite frankly, if your citizens can't figure out something that bloody simple then I question whether they have the competency to participate in an election.

The Democrats just wanted to keep re-counting using an ever-widening standard margin until Gore won. Indeed, they did a perfect parody of this on SNL, with the fake Al Gore giving a press conference (you have to see it).

It's the same thing with the Democratic charge that African-American voters were discriminated against. This is a common liberal (specifically Democrat) ploy - yell intolerance/rascism/homophobia/xenophobia/insert-phobia-of-your-choice-here and hope people will listen. Is it true? Who knows. But that's not like the Democrats didn't do similar things - there was that big financial supporter of the Demos (her name escapes me) who was caught on videotape offering cigarettes to homeless people in exchange for a vote for Gore.

Besides, Gore couldn't even carry his own homestate:)

7. PadmeCoen1138

Aug 12, 2000
    I have to say, I wouldn't talk if i were you. I live in Florida. It's people- Jewish Floridians like me and my family and friends- whose rights were usurped. In your recent Canadian Election, everything was orderly; you had a short but respectable campaign, a very standard, orderly election day that did encompass several recounts in different areas but, amazingly enough, no bloodbath and no disenfrachisement everywhere you went.

8. Entil`Zha

Entil`Zha Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 1999
    "I am not stupid. As President, I plan, not to be stupid, but to reinvent stupidity and call it Bush!"
    -George W. Bush, circa January 20th, Inaugural Address

Did he really say that Padme??? If so, he's way more stupid then I thought.. hey, he said it, he will reinvent the word and make it to his image!

9. PadmeCoen1138

Aug 12, 2000
    Well, he didn't say that, but he should have. Anyhow, it was implied.
    With the Inauguration two Saturdays ago, and the Superbowl yesterday, there is nothing good on TV!

10. Blast-Doors

Blast-Doors Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2001
    Wow. You live in Florida. Wonderful. Perhaps all that sun has gotten to you and your fellow citizens.

How were your rights usurped? Please specify - and show me documented evidence. Did anyone barge into your voting booth and change your vote? Or was it because you aren't literate enough to be able to read and follow the directions of a ballot? Or perhaps you aren't able to actually use the voting machine in the proper way, so that your candidate was clearly indicated, rather than leaving a dimple, hanging, or any other type of chad (let us expunge this word from our dictionaries, please).

I truly love this logic. 'My side lost, so my _rights_ were violated.' Oy. Take a civics lesson - it would save us a lot of trouble.

Oh, and:
    "..no bloodbath and no disenfrachisement everywhere you went."

Granted, you had disenfrachisement in a few areas in one state, but bloodbath? I didn't hear of any bloodbath. Did I miss a massacre or something? This is exageration taken to new heights.

And an amusing aside from your signature:
    "Kudos to whoever stole the Ws from D.C, but it woulda been better with a literate Pres!"

Perhaps, though, you would prefer a President who treated the most powerful office in the world as a whorehouse and who pardoned the fugitive husbands of big Democratic supporters - your last prez - or someone who lies so often it's mind-boggling, including at his own Democratic convention (I'm referring to the '96 tear-jerker about his sister's lung cancer due to smoking, with him pledging to stop big tobacco, when he and his family actually grew tobacco to sell to big tobacco - amazing what you learn in books these days, eh?) - your last vice-prez.

And here's an amusing quote for you from hereliesalgore.com:

Haircut at the Mall: $10
    Suit Off the Rack: $300
    Losing the Presidential election because 19,000 of your supporters are too damned stupid to follow directions and fill out their ballots properly:
    PRICELESS.

Actually, I had to add this in for some more chuckles:
    http://www.hereliesalgore.com/yahoo_Ballot%20Child's%20Play%20for%208-Year-Olds.htm

11. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    Just move to Canada, it's easier!
    Seulement conduit a Canada, c'est trop simple!

12. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Well said, Blast-Doors! :)

I'm a proud Canadian.
    I live in Quebec and my first language is French, and I'm proud to be Canadian.

Like most of proud Canadians, I always hated the attitude Americans have towards us. We've been threatened and insulted like if we were some kind of inferior nation.

Still, to my opinion, it is the greatest.

No offense to you Padmé, but your people has done a mistake and the world economy will probably suffer from it. Yet, don't expect us to make up for your mistakes.

13. darthcleo

darthcleo Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 8, 2000
    Cool! Someone else like me!

I live in Quebec, my first language is French, and I'm a proud Canadian !!! ;-)

14. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    See?

We're not all independentists!
    There's still hope out here!

Vive le Canada!

15. darthcleo

Feb 8, 2000
    I guess my choice of colours in my name would tell everyone where my loyalties lie
    ;-)

16. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    *Happy to see so many proud Canadians*

Rene Levesque Bought Canada Savings Bonds!!!

17. Marcus-Kinn

Marcus-Kinn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    I think being proud of your citizenship is wrong. Be a Canadian or be an American or whatever. But to take pride in the fact that you happened to be born in one country and not another? It's a form of racism, if you ask me. Countries only set borders that we will eventually need to break down if we ever want to see a united Earth.

18. BlastDoors

BlastDoors Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2000
    Ahh, the effects of 40 years of liberalism - whatever you don't agree with is racist, xenophobic, or bigoted in some way. It's a sad day indeed when being patriotic is synonymous with being a racist.

And frankly, I'd never want to see a united Earth, for the sole reason that it would never work. It's an idealistic utopia which would collapse upon itself. What type of economic system would we use? What kind of government would we use? What type of social programs would we use? Ad infinitum, ad naseum. There would never be unanimous agreement on anything (or anything even approaching unanimous).

Besides, the U.N. which is trying to set up a one world government, has consistently shown itself to be useless beyond belief. It sticks it's nose into absolutely everything, and if a country doesn't happen to follow it's exacting guidelines on everything, they too are labelled 'racist', 'bigoted', 'stuck in the dark ages', etc.

19. Marcus-Kinn

Jan 4, 2001
    BlastDoors: I agree with you that a united Earth is not possible right now. But one day it might be. I realize that this is mainly an idealistic idea, but I don't think it's impossible if we all work together. If we could just get rid of all the capitalists, the dictators, the... :)

Just like the corrupt Roman empire, I think the Capitalist empire will one day see its end. Then, maybe then, we will be started on the right track. Because let's face it, most people in North America are happy with the way things are right now. Why? Because we're spoon fed. What about third world countries? Don't they deserve to live without fear of starving to death, diseases, droughts, etc. ?

I just think that taking pride in a nation that is too busy helping themselves is a disgrace. I will never say I am proud to be a Canadian. I was born here because my parents were born here. I did not choose this country.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Canada. In fact, there are a lot of great things about Canada. I just wouldn't say that I'm proud to have been born here. It doesn't make sense. It's self-absorption. Pride can be a terrible thing.

20. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    I understand your feelings of pride, I mean that my father is french, and since all my fatherhood lives over there, and the name I bare is bared by people living in france, well, I just have to be canadian..because I have to.. I didn't chose to be lead by stupid peoples, if only the UN would allow us to create a Jedi council, things would be so much better.

21. Marcus-Kinn

Jan 4, 2001
    Imagine a Jedi Council in Canada? That would be awesome!

Shotgun on Yoda! :)

22. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Shotgun on eeth koth, and on saesee tinn for a friend of mine. :)

23. darthcleo

Feb 8, 2000
    Me ? I'll stay with Darth Maul :D

24. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Please tell me you ment Darth Maul's girlfriend.. ;)

25. darthcleo

Feb 8, 2000
    naw.. well, staying with Darth Maul would make me his girlfriend, no ? ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.