main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Savage Opress

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fat_Rancor_Keeper, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Fat_Rancor_Keeper

Fat_Rancor_Keeper Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2010
    At CV a clip was shown where Count Dooku met with an alien woman who introduced him to Darth Maul's brother, Savaage. "Carrying an ax like weapon, he is much larger and more physically imposing than Maul, with yellow skin and long horns, along with the same black face tattoos as his brother. Says Dooku, "He certainly is a sight to behold." The woman replies, "And the fiercest of his kind. He shall serve you well." Dooku simply states, "Yes, he shall," as Savaage kneels before him."

http://tv.ign.com/articles/111/1112465p1.html

What do you guys think of this new character being introduced in Season 3? Will he just be a strong arm for Dooku or will he possibly play a more pivotal role? Perhaps we'll see him seek revenge against Kenobi?

[image=http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/589/savaage.jpg]

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Armchair_Admiral

Armchair_Admiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    All I will say about Savaage for now is that I'll be watching his career with great interest. [face_whistling]

Sudooku likes this.
  3. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    Despite having a lame name it does sound awesome when pronounced correctly.

4. Fat_Rancor_Keeper

Fat_Rancor_Keeper Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2010
    LoL....yeah I'm guessing his name will take some getting used to. But maybe once he's a regular character we wont think about it as much.

I just hope he hangs around longer than Darth Maul. My initial impression is that this character is mostly the creators catering to fans of Darth Maul. Many people felt Darth Maul shouldn't have died so fast. By having a similar character directly related to him we get to see a little more of that persona in a sense w/o it being a clone or something like his resurrected EU version.

[image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/8/84/Visionaries_Darth_Maul.jpg/185px-Visionaries_Darth_Maul.jpg]

5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    It sounds awfully ridiculous. The name itself sounds like some 12 year old made it up for his own fanfic. :oops:

6. Misheru

Misheru Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2010
    I don't know if I really like the idea of Darth Maul having a brother, however if he's special in his own way and not like an exact replica of Darth Maul I'll be happy. :)

7. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    I actually think "Cad Bane" is the goofiest villain name so far, even though I love the character. They might as well have named him "Bad Evil". :D

8. melkor834

Oct 24, 2009
    I don't know, I like it. Better than Grievous... [face_whistling]

9. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    This is beyond terrible. I actually thought this was a joke when I first heard it. And the name? Savaage? Maul was named Maul because that was his Sith name.

This is simply pandering to all the Maul fans who begged and pleaded with Lucas to have Maul come back as a clone. This, to a degree, also has the potential to screw up continuity and change Maul's backstory. Did Maul know his brother???... let's hope not.

Ugg... I'm beginning to get very worried about S3.

10. melkor834

Oct 24, 2009
    How is it going to ruin Maul's backstory? To my knowledge he really doesn't have one.

11. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    It's minor, but he does have one. One of the things that makes Maul "badass" is his mysteriousness. To give Maul some poorly created brother with a bad name, who is apparently from Dathomir, is ridiculous.

12. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    How is it poorly created? I think we should wait until we actually see the entire arc before anything.

Though unfortunately you are always a debbie downer for some reason.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  13. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Savaage is no worse than Grievous, but I'm used to that. :p

I don't see why he's necessary, and for some reason, the concept of him makes me raise an eyebrow skeptically. I'll give him a chance, though. Just like I did Ahsoka...

14. melkor834

Oct 24, 2009
    I'll be honest using Mal's brother is better than thewhat the EU does by cloning him and having holgorams/visions of him pop up all over the place. :p Sure it may make Maul's hostory less mysterious which IMO would be a bad thing but it may not.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  15. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Yes the name is lame but A LOT of Star Wars names are weird and can be seen as lame as first to be honest.

16. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    This is... ugh. First of all, the name is just as bad as "General Loathsom", but the fact that he's Darth Maul's brother... I mean, really?!?! Why would he even want to work for the man who replaced his brother, and why even give Maul a brother? I like to think of Maul as the apprentice kidnapped by Sidious as a child and raised under nothing but brutal training and hatred for the Jedi - no family or anything to care for. Giving him a brother is just... again, ugh.

17. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    The reason that I don't like it very much is because it's obviously Savage with a different spelling, and that's just so unfunny, it doesn't deserve the good name of pun. I don't think that it matters much with a Sith name since, obviously, they're not birth names, and they're supposed to be all dark and menacing. And the same goes for Grievous; that wasn't the name he began with.

Names like Anakin, Ahsoka, and Obi-Wan are, for the most part, alien (Ahsoka could be descended from Asoka, but that isn't important right now). You'll have EU names like Johun that have clear Earth equivalents, but at least were slightly altered to better suit the GFFA. Savaage is just... Savage. It's too obvious, like Ima-Gun Di. :p

But I digress. It's perfectly possible that Savaage wasn't his birth name, and my ten o'clock ramblings are entirely irrelevant, and it's a minor gripe if they aren't.

18. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    It seems his name is not spelled SavAAge, but just plain ol' Savage. That's how it's writtem on the official site, and I think that's the only place it's actually been spelled out before. Savage Oppress... what a terrible, terrible name. Sure, Star Wars has other horrible names, but that doesn't make this one any better.

As for him being Maul's brother. Well, I'll reserve final judgement until I actually see what they do with it, but so far it does not look good. It seems like a very cheap way of getting a second go at Darth Maul. Oh well, at least he isn't Darth Maul's clone.....

19. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    Savage Opress. Ew. Atleast they could spell it Suvaghe Oepress like "mother" says it.

20. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I'm not thrilled at Maul having a brother but I'll try to remain optimistic. Hope he doesn't get killed off too quickly.

21. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    I really doubt he'll survive the story arc in which he's introduced.

22. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Maul didn't survive in one PT film, and now his "brother with a stupid name" won't survive through a story arc. [face_thinking]
    If so, then that sort of makes Maul even less badass, in my opinion. Killing him off too soon, giving him some random brother/changing his backstory is way to much.

23. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    You know what's amazing? People who hate TPM bitch about Darth Maul being mysterious/enigmatic. "Oh, he is not developed! We don't know his motivation!", they moan. Talk about missing the point!

24. melkor834

Oct 24, 2009
    I don't know. He seems to be heavily advertised... But then so is Ima-gun Di. :p Still I do hope he is kept around, I have always thought Maul was killed off to quickly and if they bring back his brother they should at the very least let him stay around for a while.

25. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    He just doesn't look like the kind of guy who sticks around. He's too extreme. He'll go on a mission and he'll go all out on it. Since we know he will not triumph, he'll have to end up being destroyed. I just can't see this hulking beast "living to fight another day" like so many CW villains.