Clone Wars Savage Opress

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Fat_Rancor_Keeper, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    I don't count random eu-characters (actually half of those are completely odd to me:D ) that leaves
    Obi-Wan:
    Maul
    Grievous.
    Then random individuals like the Death Watch warriors.

Anakin has killed:

The Neimodian bridge crew on the Droid Control Ship (that was accident to be frank and he didn't kill them face to face)
    Trench (he is not dead- believe me;) )
    Tal Merrik
    Dooku
    The Entire Separatist Council(he kills them as vader- Anakin didn't kill them Vader dido_O )
    Random Individuals like Geonosians

it's a draw then- two major characters and random ones

but Anakin killed only Dooku in lightsaberduel while Obi-Wan killed 2 major movie baddies in duel... well to be exact he didn't had lightsaber when killing Grievous.... well you're right my claim was complete nonsense:D but somehow it feels like Obi-Wan shouldn't kill Opress- it just doesn't feel right but there is no reason to think Anakin will kill Bane- it's just fanfavorite theory it seems....
  2. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Interesting place seen on the background- looks pretty primitive planet- wooden buildings- cool i hope they will have new worlds with some of them having wooden buildings like those- i don't think it's dathomir- it can be but doesn't look like it did in trailers and previewclips..... i agree with green thing making Savage "horny" [face_laugh]
  3. Daft-Vader Force Ghost

star 8
    I think Boba Fett should kill bane - to mark his ascension to the Galaxies top Bounty Hunter
  4. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    No one has to kill Bane actually- Boba is too young during the Clone Wars i think but maybe afterwards- Bane could be in liveaction in theoryo_O
  5. TheLucasAdvocate1992 Jedi Master

star 2
    I look at it as Bane filling the position of 'most badass bounty hunter in the galaxy' until Boba comes of age cuz let's be honest here folkes: Someone's got to do it. [face_laugh]
  6. -Engelhast- Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I'd love to see Bane be a central character in the live action series if and when it happens. His costume and make up would not be that difficult or expensive to pull off and he would totally own. He would also totally fit in if the rumors we once heard about the live action series being similar to HBO's Deadwood set in space. The thought of the live action series being set as a futuristic western gets me all sorts of excited in my geek pants.
  7. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm still thinking that either (a) BC's crazy theory that Ventress IS Opress (Einhorn is Finkle. Finkle IS Einhorn![face_sick]) is right, or (b) the sorcery is really to either gift Randy Savage with the Force, or give him Darth Maul's spirit.
  8. -Engelhast- Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    ^
    Please let it be one of the later. However Dave Filoni's comment at celebration that Ventress will end up in a much different place toward the end of the season then where she started is beginning to make me nervous. He said it with a bit of a sly grin on his face.
  9. SpecialOpsUnit Force Ghost

star 4
    As do I.

I've said this many times before but I've been a fan of Bane kills Ahsoka, Anakin kills Bane. Leaving a vacant spot for the top Bounty Hunter in the galaxy. That's when Fett steps in.
  10. MercenaryAce Force Ghost

star 5
    I've said this before as well, but:

I would prefer to see Bane get taken down by either Embo or Sugi.

Hell, I just want to see a fight between a good bounty hunter posse and an evil one.
  11. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    [face_laugh] If A is right then i am going to.... what i'm going to do[face_thinking] .... i'm going to watch corruption 7 times in a row without breaks[face_laugh] it's just too much for my mentality- Ventress is not Opress i'm not buying it.......
  12. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    that's boring- because it's most predictable way- knowing Filoni- I still suggest Jar Jar kills Bane theory- it's much more surprising[face_laugh]
  13. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    Savage in not Ventress. We saw in the clip Ventress getting the green light treatment and only getting visions of Dooku and whatnot. Then we have the poster showing Savage getting the green light treatment and it reads "forged by dark sorcery". So it seems the green light treatment serves multiple purposes, Ventress gets it to heal herself and maybe bring back visions, and Savage gets it to power up and become a hulking monstrosity.
  14. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    That sly smile could mean anything. I personaly think that Ventress is going to succumb to a major case of deadness by the end of the season. :p Opress seems to be a way of replacing her with a clean slate that can allow the Clone Wars team to show off Sith training and introduce new character development.
  15. Asharak Force Ghost

star 4
    The sexchange stuff would never happen in the George Lucas version of Star Wars, its way to convoluted. The fact that Savage has no skill at all with the lightsaber when Dooku starts training him should make it clear. Savage is not Ventress the transvestite.

Maybe Cad Bane is though, it?s pretty strange that we have never seen him and Asajj together.

When I think of it, I have never seen Lott Dodd with either of them, perhaps Asajj has a vested interest in exploring the female, male and frog parts of her own personality.
  16. CadBane Jedi Knight

star 1
    Zam Wesell
  17. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Nope she don't change her sexo_O she is female clawdite and female human forms - but Cato Parasitti does... well we don't actually know if her sex really changed but she sounded like he when in form of Ord Enisence... but as far as i know Ventress is not shapeshifter[face_mischief]
  18. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    I think it's pretty clear that Opress is Opress and Ventress is Ventress.... Voptress theory is pure imagination - now preview clip showed what happens to ventress when brought to "treatment" Savage receives same treatment later with different results....
  19. Darth_Calgmoth Force Ghost

star 2
    I could really see Ventress ending up becoming Tyranus' real Sith apprentice in the end. After all, showing him that she is able to survive and to pull of a real complex revenge plan on him - maybe even endangering his life for, well, two seconds or so, might convince him that it would be better to embrace her fully instead of dumping or killing her. That would not make that much sense. Ventress dying/becoming good would be a waste of potential, if you ask me.

The Opress guy really cannot be a permanent replacement for her. If he works, it would be also interesting to have him on board beyond the arc, but to kill of Asajj in the third season would be huge mistake in my opinion. They really could use her more to explore the Sith more, and Tyranus really needs to have a secret apprentice. It makes no sense at all for him to not really considering/trying to betray Sidious.
  20. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    There is one problem called canon and as long as Darth Sidious is alive Count Dooku is apprentice and he cannot have a real sith apprentice... i agree with Ventress being kinda wasted but they can show her more in prequels... Ventress becoming good wouldn't waste her potential- exact opposite- she wouldn't be stupid after all:p .... Savage won't live to 4th season i'm pretty sure... so that's about Dooku having forcesensitive assassin....
  21. CadBane Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was using Zam as an example of shape-shifting in the Star Wars mythos, although from the movies the casual observer could not determine the clawdite's gender.

From the 2011 video and the theatrical poster with the tag line "a new weapon forged by the darkest sorcery", along with magic green smoke seen while both Ventress and Opress are on a table of some sort, certainly suggests they are one and the same.

The question is will we see both together at the same time before the actual episode(s) air?
  22. Darth_Calgmoth Force Ghost

star 2
    Well, Darth Tyranus does not need to care about something as trivial as 'canon'. Darth Sidious didn't, either, at least if you assume that Darth Maul was already his apprentice before he killed Darth Plagueis. And some sources do indicate that.

And Ventress being named a 'Darth' and all would put her in quite a different position than being just her master's errand boy. They could address and discuss the whole Rule of Two thing in the series, and thus make us understand why Ventress eventually becomes a real Sith apprentice.
  23. rumblewagon Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    ^ When is Ventress named Darth? I thought she was an aspiring Sith. I'm not familiar with the Rule of Two, but it's objective would seem to be the goal of continually gaining greater power. If the apprentice can kill the master, then he/she becomes the more powerful...and if the apprentice needs to recruit additional help to kill the master, then he/she still becomes the more powerful. If the master kills the apprentice, then that apprentice obviously did not become powerful enough to forward the over-riding goal of greater power.

Dooku is constantly trying to recruit someone to help him destroy his Master: Obi-Wan, Ventress, Savage...just as Darth Vader was trying to recruit someone to destroy his Master: Padme, Luke, Leia.
  24. Darth_Calgmoth Force Ghost

star 2
    Ventress is not yet a Darth, of course. She is just Tyranus' tool. He does not teach her any deep and secret Sith knowledge. I just wanted to point out that, if Ventress would end up becoming a secret Darth, she would also be 'in a very different place than at the beginning of season 3', as she right is just Tyranus' stupid errand girl.

I really could see the whole 'I leave her for death' as being part of some kind of test. And her desire for revenge and the attempt to kill Tyranus really is something a Sith Master would be proud of in his apprentice.
  25. EECHUUTA Force Ghost

star 4
    Given how Opress is being hyped, I doubt he's going to be short lived. More then likely he's going to do something big, either being Ventress's big rival or he replaces her altogether. Maybe he even kills her in some Dark Sider fight, given that she isn't in the movies and she doesn't have to stay alive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.