main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Savage Opress

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fat_Rancor_Keeper, Aug 15, 2010.

1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, I see your point there, Gry. But I do hope it's not going to be a similar death to Maul's. If they do use a lightsaber, though, seeing Dooku stabbing him through the chest to kill him, which is apparently how most villains in TCW die anyway, won't be an interesting death.

2. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah, I hope they do give him an original death. Cut in half or stabbed in the back would be unforgivable. I'd venture a guess that he'll be killed by Ventress, and that would be an ugly fight. I can really picture Ventress decapitating him and bringing his head on a plate to present to Dooku as a proof of her worth.

3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    This would work far better actually in my opinion. It might be kinda a rip off of the Thrawn Trilogy, but it would be better than what it sounds like we're due to get.

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Guessing Ventress will kill him. Possibly Dooku. Depends how powerful he is.

Also, they missed a great chance, obviously Darth Maul's brother's name should have been:

GARTH_MAUL

:cool:

Is it actually confirmed it's Maul's brother or just another member of his race on Dathomir?

Savage does seem a bit like pandering to the Maul fans, but the PT established what a small galaxy it is anyway, what with Anakin building Threepio, Artoo being with Padme, Jango Fett being the "father" of the Stormtroopers, et cetera.

Lucas loves his little interconnectedness stuff....

The names are just getting worse and worse and it's all either a cheesy villain name or some weird pun, like "Satine" referring to Moulin Rouge.

And every villain has to be even more incredibly badass than the last. I mean, Ventress and Grievous look almost incompetent at this point. :p

I expect this season to see a lot of Jedi and clones getting trashed.

5. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    The link to the IGN article on the first post confirmed that Savage is his brother.

6. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I've to say bringing in a brother for Darth Maul sounds a bit ridiculous.

7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Actually , George Lucas confirmed it before showing the clip.

8. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    I have to agree [face_plain]

What were they thinking?

9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I still don't understand how is that ridiculous...

10. Daft-Vader

Aug 6, 2008
    It is making the Galaxy Small...

I found this Iridonian Zabrak living on Dathomir, who happens to be Darth Mauls Brother

The Galaxy is a big place...

and Sidious would not have picked someone who would be noticed to have gone missing - the Sith were still in hiding at the time... no loose ends

11. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Please, as if this is the first time this happens...

Of course, but then again, who goes there is Dooku who happens to be Sidious' apprentice.

12. Daft-Vader

Aug 6, 2008
    OK I will accept the first part... The Will of the Force maybe...

but for the second, by the time of Dooku, the Sith were revealed to be exisiting, and Sidious was already set up... Not much they could have done...

besides I always felt Sidious needed a "Jedi" Sith for the Clone Wars, so he could manipulate it to look like the Jedi had arranged the whole thing

13. Daft-Vader

Aug 6, 2008
    Nothing to see here...

Move along... move along

whostheBossk likes this.
  14. darth-amedda

darth-amedda Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2003
    I usually do not bash, I very rarely complain.
    I had no problems with Ewoks, I did not hate Jar Jar and I have considered complaints on AOTC love-scenes to be strongly exaggerated.
    I wasn't irritated with flying R2, I accept droids humour and I have no problem with cheesy names of characters nor with episodes titles,
    but this whole idea of Zabrak Savage IMO seems completely absurd and is absolutely out of my range.

For goodness sake, why does the next villain have to be Maul's brother??!!!

Is it some kind of GL's obsessesion with family relationships that makes him compulsively create all these fathers, sisters, brothers etc?

I appreciate the whole thread of Vader's twins, but already Jango's affiliation was at least unnecessary. I got used to him as Fett, but it could have been easily any other bounty hunter. I have just thought of card with Durge on Geonosis arena ( http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7972/durge.jpg ) and must admit that he could have appeared in the movie instead of Fett, as well.

Anyway, I can live with Jango (partially thanks to the respectable contribution of Temuera Morrison) but this time it is much more forced, ridiculous and pointless. :oops:
    Everything else in the new trailer is purely awesome and I think I will enjoy most of the stuff in the autumn show, but the concept of Savage makes me disgusted. [face_frustrated]

15. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    The problem is that Maul was a SITH. Trained by Darth Sidious himself. Probably from a pretty young age. Honed and shaped into this efficient, remorseless killing machine, taught to use the Force and a unique lightsaber by the last remaining Sith Lord. Instilled with a murderous thirst for revenge against the Jedi.

And now, in comes his brother, who without any of Maul's experiences, most likely is exactly the same as his brother. Same viciousness, same abilities, etc. It just makes no sense. WHY would his brother become the exact same thing as him? The only explanation would be that "all zabraks from that region are like that", which would completely destroy the Maul character.

16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    We don't know that yet, do we?

17. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Hence the "most likely" in my post. It just seems like they are trying to make him as far as possible a direct substitute for Maul. He's obviously bred for combat, wields a staff weapon and is surely able to take on a Jedi, otherwise what would be the point?

18. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I am gathering that the men of this society are subservient to the women. So they are all brutish slaves, so to speak. I am guessing that Sidious asked for the most brutal to take as an apprentice which was Maul. Now if they did this at a young enough age, I could see this working. I actually like the idea.

Question: wasn't the evil lady from the Ewoks movie one of the Dathomir witches?

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Don't get me wrong. I don't see the point on Darth Maul's brother be in the show, but I won't bash the idea right away. I only don't get the complains about Darth Maul having a brother.

20. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    The problem is not that Darth Maul has a brother. Anybody can have a brother. The problem is that this brother suddenly shows up out of nowhere and acts as a Darth Maul proxy, for all intents and purposes being just like Maul had come back from the dead. It's just forced and very fanboyish.

It's like some New Republic novel introducing us to Anakin's long lost brother, who is also powerful in the dark side and wears a death mask, etc, etc...

21. Daft-Vader

Aug 6, 2008
    Wait - I thought he worked in a Supermarket in America...

But yeah, you can tell its a the fans liked Maul... lets bring him back...

What we should have is Books about him, from when he was alive...

But then Sidious reveals himself, which is my man point

the Sith wouldn't just go up and say, hey I am a Sith, give me your most evil person; Oh, I am not Palpatine...

22. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    Lucas said these women are practitioners of some "other" magic. I dunno maybe she already knows who Sidious is. I really don't see how this is a big deal. He looks differnt and who knows maybe he doesn't want to be a brutal servant anymore and turns against the Sith.

23. Daft-Vader

Aug 6, 2008
    No, he will be Maul in all but name...

I guarantee it...

24. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    He might not be. Not in every way at least. He's bigger, yellow and carries an axe. Now those are physical difference but I mean maybe they wanted to create a contrast between the two in the viewers mind for a reason. Hopefully. Because even if he is a similar villain I hope they do some stuff to make him his own character. Similar to how Boromir/Faramir differed. Or Tank/Dozer in The Matrix.

25. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    Wow, this arc must be really awkward then. I'll take a pass on this one. [face_talk_hand]