main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Savage Opress

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fat_Rancor_Keeper, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    So the Sith equivalent of the blood tracking, holo finishing macguffin box is green light?

2. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Well, Darth Maul was plastered all over Episode 1 products, and we all know how long he lived. ;)

If Opress does turn out to be the vessel of the dark side that has been hyped, I hope he does live a long time. He could create some big victories for the CIS.

3. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    All the more reason for Opress to live for a while. :p Opress is supposed to be identical to Darth Maul, right down to his unflinching loyalty from what I have seen. Not only will Opress be ruined if they kill him off by the end of the arc, but it certainly would do Maul any favours either. ;)

I think it's a pity that the kick-ass axe thing that Opress is going to be replaced by a twin-bladed lightsaber almost as soon as Savage premieres in TCW, it would be nice to see some jedi fall to a blade. It's not as if Opress has to block a lightsaber with it. :(

4. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Another reason not to kill off Opress is that if they don't, it would make for some much-needed continuity and consequence in the episodes. It would be nice to have an arc that significantly affects future episodes.

5. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Completely agreed. So far the show has been nothing but light fluff, there hasn't been anything paticularly revolutionary since 'OMG! Anakin had a padawan!' in TCW movie. So it would be nice for the show to contribute to the canon right about now.

6. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I could see Ventress on her own. Causing trouble for both Dooku and Jedi for a while. I don't think Savage is a one arc character. It defeats the entire purpose of adding him just to kill him off.

As for Asajj becoming sith. They've broken a lot of rules, but Yoda was pretty specific when he stated as a FACT

"Always two there are. No MORE, No LESS. A Master and an Apprentice."

There's not even an inch of wiggle room here. As long as Palpatine lives and Dooku is his apprentice, there is no room for a third wheel.

7. Foltliss

Foltliss Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 19, 2010
    "Always two, there are. A master and an apprentice."
    Funnily enough, the Jedi shouldn't have known a damn thing about the Rule Of Two to begin with.
    Even funnier when you consider that Darth Bane, founder of the Rule Of Two, took Darth Cognus as his second apprentice before giving his first apprentice the opportunity to succeed or fail in taking the title of Dark Lord of the Sith, while she had, in fact, taken her own apprentice while plotting to kill her Master.
    Funnier still when you see all the many times the Rule was violated in the EU (Darth Vectivus not being killed by his apprentice, Starkiller(s), One Sith, etc.).
    And even funnier than THAT when you consider Palpatine and Vader both tried to violate the Rule of Two by taking young Luke Skywalker as their apprentice.

(On an unrelated note, why does my spell-check recognize Jedi but not Skywalker?)

8. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Yeeeaaaah, pretty much this. :p

The founding idea of the Rule of Two was that a LARGE group of Sith teachers and apprentices was a bad idea, because many weak Sith could overpower the master, leading to the next generation being even weaker. Like most ideas, even it can be interpreted...flexibly.
    The Rule of Two was primarily meant to preserve the overall power and teachings of the Sith in a complete manner by concentrating it mostly on two individuals. I see no problems with either of the Sith plotting a betrayal or a preemptive disciple as long as they feel sufficiently confident in their skills. The ideal objectives, after all, are to benefit themselves and to strengthen the Sith with the strongest team they can create.

Besides which, there's also the whole survival angle. Even if they ARE hidden from the galaxy, it's entirely possible that Sith Lords might, on occasion, impart their special teaching to more than one person as a contingency plan, just in case.

9. Foltliss

Nov 19, 2010
    Yes, but Bane's entire idea was subverted by the fact that Darth Vectivus, in the very least, died in his bed, old and surrounded by family. Happy. So his apprentice didn't take Mastery in the way Bane intended, and may have been weaker/stupider/less suitable to be a Sith Lord. Which is laughable from what we know of Vectivus. I wonder who got the Sith back on the right track? That's just one example of the failings of the Rule of Two from a Sith standpoint. The Sith always betraying one another - that was acceptable before the Rule of Two. The apprentice killing the Master was the GOAL of the Rule of Two. Betrayal in that case is kind of superfluous, except in cases like Palpatine, who kriffed his apprentices over then tried to replace them.

10. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    The wiggle room is that Sith Apprentice is a title you earn, not just someone you teach. The sith have plenty of potential of potential apprentices and dark side flunkies.

The One Sith came after and actively rejected the rule of two, so I am not sure they count.

11. Foltliss

Nov 19, 2010
    If you believe that Darth Bane was the Sith'ari, the Chosen One destined to allow the Sith to rise again... then they do, and yet (ambiguously) still don't. Because Krayt became a Sith as a direct result of Sidious and Vader, one could argue that Bane's legacy is Krayt's One Sith, rather than just the Emperor and his mechanized crony.

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Well movies contradict that rule themselves... it may be that immediately after Maul died Dooku became Darth Tyranus... but there is LESS sith during Rots "Soon i will have a new apprentice" so there was less than two sith at the time.. Yoda is not stating facto_O ... yodas comment is also absolute;)

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I would like to bet on that;) but i don't want to take your money......- i'm very sure that they are not one and same- even if Ventress gets horns and malebody she... ummm... he would be recognized by Dooku- Savage is not- he is not anything at all like Ventress he cannot fight with saber he apologizes failures like he would never have been dark jedi before.... he uses axe and is badass- never seen a jedi before that Roonan guy there "Jedi!"

..... Savage is definitely not Ventress..... and if there would be such odd plottwist preview would have been spoiled it alreadyo_O .... plus we can see entire Ventress on table scene and it ends with Talzin saying she will think how to revenge Dooku.. Savage on table it's just different scene with same table- certainly..... Hondo can be Anakin's father but Ventress is not Opress:p

14. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    It's interesting that Savage Opress- trailer shows Dooku striking Asajj with a lightning at 0:60 or so... is it part of her training prior whole revengething... or is it actual battle with Ventress attacking Dooku[face_thinking] .... if you pay attention you can see something lying on the background when they fight.... is it body?!? :eek: it looks like it could be - perhaps not dead body but destroyed droid - (training droid?) or could it be.... Savage deado_O I hope not though- that would be another stupid spoiler:oops: but i must say it looks bit like him- or part of his body sliced half or decapitated with a lightsaber... look colors are the same... something yellow and like his armor.... i think Savage may be killed by Dooku or Ventress after all.... well i still prefer Anakin but it can be that this is internal sithmatter meaning that only Dooku will survive unharmed..... but there would be Ventress and Savage apart in same shot- that theory is probably false and whatever lies there is not Savage but still i think it's just as probable as Ventress being Savage

15. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    ooks very similar... Maybe thats what Ventress failure is, kills Savage, maybe jealous of him getting Dark Side training, Dooku then goes after Ventress...

16. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    http://www.millenniumfalcon.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8863&sid=57ab4a74aa951a67d86f72f4152551da

It is being suggested that Savage Oppress is actually a transformed Asaaj Ventress.

That some kind of dark side force mystical process will bring this about.

Asajj Ventress becomes Savage Oppress.

Asaajj Ventress goes to Dathomir after a falling out with Dooku. Witches transform Ventress into Oppress during a ritual (presumabely seen in the Celebration V "Mega-Trailer") and is presented to Dooku as his new apprentice.

What seals the deal is the similarity of their names:

Asajj Ventress
    Savage Oppress

Both Asaaj and Savage are pronounced with the same accent.

Going on the posts above and the black censors pen going through some of the post then there's something more to it.

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yeah thanks, we've been saying that since CV.[face_peace]

18. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Since CV huh? I've not been on these boards since about the year 2007 so I've missed that one.

What's with the black censor spots above?

Iron_lord likes this.
  19. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    ".... if you pay attention you can see something lying on the background when they fight.... is it body?!? "

It?s a toydarian, I thought it might be the one you think it might be, but after freeze framing it and zooming in it is clearly a toydarian.

20. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    It is? thats good then...

Though this implies its the same world that you see Savage chopping up Toydarians, and afterwards...

Maybe Assajj is Savage, and has a Cinderella time...

21. -Engelhast-

-Engelhast- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2010
    Yes this. But what is also odd we see Savage laying waste to the Toydarians elsewhere in the trailer but then it is Asajj we see fighting Dooku when the body in the same room with the Toydarian body on the floor. Ether its not one of the Toydarians that Savage killed or it is and somehow he is no longer around or in that room but suddenly Dukoo and Asajj are. There is just not enough info given in these trailers to really figure out what the heck is actually going on with this story.

22. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Perhaps this toydarian helped Ventress in some way, and Savage is sent to punish his associates.

If Asajj was in fact Savage I don?t think she could have ever been able to fake her skill with a lightsaber so well. Savage acts like he has never trained with one before, but going by the previews he seems to reach a level of power Asajj has never been able to display either. I don?t think she could ever overpower both Anakin and Kenobi.

Anyone else think it would be hilarious if the scene with the night sisters magicking Savage was just some kind of ritual, with no deeper meaning what so ever?

23. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Damn again someone thinks this[face_tired] ... too bad they failed in making trailers when everyone thinks that:oops: - No he was never meant to be Asajj -i'm pretty sure of that- their names are similar because they both have same background from Dathomir... if Ventress is Opress... then i will... as i promised- watch Corruption seven times without breaks:p

24. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    yeah maybe Toydarian- but is it Katuunko himselfo_O well i still say Ventress is the one who shoots Dooku with a dart... and Savage is Savage- he is he and not she as you try to claim.... i don't believe it before i see the episode and scene in which Asajj becomes Opress[face_tired] and i'm very sure it won't happen.... i can be wrong but i haven't seen ANYTHING that would indicate so... i've seen random clips that suggest Opress is monster created out of ordinary Zabrak by dark side... and he is made for Asajj's revenge it seems to be clear but i don't think Asajj would return to Dooku as man and restart her... (or should i say his) training and then kill some random jedi and clones to revenge Dooku.... never- and idea of Dooku not recognising her throught the Force sounds ridiculous- there is always special bond between master and apprentice so if Ventress would change her looks (and sex) that wouldn't help Dooku would recognize her through the force when training "him".... especially when he is pictured in this arc as great master of the force- after some hours of training he would understand Asajj's (odd) plot...

25. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I think this happens at the same time as Savage meets Obi and Ani.... Ventress attacks Dooku after Dooku executes Katuunko (brought him by Savage who is seen attacking Toydaria- Dooku probably wanted Katuunko alive so he could kill him personally) for his "treachery" and Ventress receives great injuries while Savage is killed.... that place looks like starship more than Toydarian palace.... so it seems duels happen on same ship- perhaps jedi save Ventress afterwards while Dooku escapes

judging by colors that may be Katuunko himself- and it's only body in the room... looks like Savage brought King for Dooku and then left to fight jedi.... Asajj however was helped aboard by Savage as well... well that's a theory but if Ventress is Savage then it's -not only stupid- but deception and there is no Savage Opress character at all.... that would be stupid- or is Ventress also Maul...[face_tired]