main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Savage Opress

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fat_Rancor_Keeper, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    swashbuckling - please stop spamming the thread. You've had three posts in a row and that's not how we do things around here. Please wait for someone to respond.

I think I'm going to keep myself spoiler-free for the rest of the season, more or less, but especially for the Randy Savage trilogy. I'm hoping it's going to be great, but either way, I'm not watching anymore preview clips.

2. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Yea, we will literally have a chance to know everything about the story in 2-3 days, 5 weeks before the first episode is aired. Leads me to believe they think the episodes are so strong spoiler?s wont matter, much like the prequels I guess.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    There may only be two Sith, but there can be an infinite amount of candidates. Lumiya specifically highlights that, in that Sidious could have Tyranus as his apprentice while he was considering Vergere as a Sith apprentice. Then, we have Vader having half a dozen secret Sith apprentices, or candidates for the position of Sith apprentice.

The Rule of Two is not an exact science, not when Sith betray each other.

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    There's always the possibility that Yoda is senile. ;)

5. TheFiffis

TheFiffis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2010
    The concept of a senile Jedi is actually quite terrifying. Especially a senile Jedi Master whose tiny, green and very, very quick.

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    that's not possibility that's a truth [face_laugh]

7. -Engelhast-

-Engelhast- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2010
    That might be a good call. The Fett Trilogy in season 2 got kinda wrecked for me by seeing too much in the previews.

8. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    What I'm pretty sure of:

- Ventress is NOT Savage.

- Ventress gets the green light treatment in order to heal herself and possibly bring back past visions.

- Savage gets green light treatment in order to bulk up and become a worthy apprentice for Dooku.

- Savage is controlled by Ventress and the Nighsisters in order to get their revenge on Dooku.

- That makes him a ticking time bomb. And time bombs usually don't last all that long.

9. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    But hopefully he'll last more than an arc. :p

10. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Frankly, I highly doubt it. If he's being controlled by Ventress, by the end of the arc he must make his move against Dooku, which one way or another should end with Randy 21 grams lighter.

11. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I'm very sure he don'to_O and i agree with Gry- that's very propable it goes just like that- actually i completely agree and i'm pretty sure we are right... if Ventress is Savage then i want to be spoiled- to prepare myself- that's such a stupid plot- i have to be ready to see THAT ... also if Ms V really is Mr O i will watch Corruption seven times as i promised:p after all it was not as bad story as Witches who perform sexchanges :p

12. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    Maybe the whole female to male sex change plot is Amanda Lucas trying to cry out and tell us and her father some deep repressed secret about herself. :eek: [face_clown]

13. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I hope he doesn't last more than an arc. Villains who get dragged on for too long lose their touch. Bane is dangerously close to getting old already.

I also hope Ventress is killed off this arc, despite whatever canonical issues this may raise.. I feel we should liquidate the villains they've thrown at us so far and start introducing new ones, or resolve the issues raised by all these villains getting captured.

If theres a prison break episode, I want Robonino to die, and the Selkath bounty hunter to escape. He'd be awesome to reuse in the future.

14. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    I think it depends on how they are used. Using Bane as an example, they usually have these guys only show up momentarily and only while they do something villainous. But if there was an episode showing Bane chasing down a bounty, and showing him having to really use his skills (say against a former trained mercenary with a price on his head) then he might not seem that boring. Sadly though they don't do much 'side' episodes, and mainly focus on the Jedi.

I agree with the killing off of Ventress. However, they might take Ventress and this Opress and have them be serious rivals. Or they might even have them eventually fall in love with each other, since they are both from Dathomir. I don't propose this last one, but the writers might be the type: "Male-Female=Automatic falling in love and haveing babies." :p

I agree also. The Selkath was cool. ;)

15. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    But Katie wrote that arch not Amandao_O .... i think this whole sexchange is hilarious misunderstanding

16. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    LOL i already invented that idea[face_laugh] ... but i said it only to Barriss Coffee when she invented this Vopress theory- i think it may be only way to get this "Asajj Opress" canonical... and it's also a sweet couple[face_laugh]

17. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Ironically, "killing" off Ventress would actually work just fine with continuity, as she needs to end up in very bad shape for her last appearance to work in the old comic continuity (Obsession), and since Clone Wars more or less has to occur directly after a comic that originally had her getting "nearly killed" (Dreadnoughts of Rendili).

In short, I'd be fine with this episode signaling Ventress' disappearance from the show, though I would miss her as a regular villain.

I've got my ticket printed out and ready for tomorrow(in Chicago). Anyone else here going? Does anyone actually know just 'how' much time this showing is supposed to take up? I'm hoping for a full 3-4 episode arc, and I'd be terribly disappointed if it only ends up being a 'single' episode or something. However, given the length and nature of the trailers shown so far (a lot of different scenes are shown), I doubt they'd do that.

Edit: Just called my local theatre. They have no idea how long it'll last and gave me a vague "2 and a half hour" guestimate... which I of course highly doubt. However, there's news that the LA showing was bumped up a day and will be shown TONIGHT at 7PM! I guess we'll know some things by then...

18. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    ^I will be very jealous if you get to see 3-4 episodes that the rest of us have to wait almost two months to see.

19. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Unless it's clear that Lucasfilm is going to stalk me to my house and watch me for a month just to ensure I don't spoil anything, I'll probably come back here to post at least a minor review of the event. I'm honestly pretty stoked for it. I expect the crowd to be a bizarre mix of families with children and older fans, but I still think it'll be a lot of fun. Despite the whole premise of Maul's "brother" being somewhat... dumb... I think the actual episodes will be 'exactly' what this show has needed lately, and I expect Savage will be great to see in action. I've already got one friend who wants to kill me because I couldn't get him an extra pass.

20. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    It was GL who said Darth Maul's "brother", but the witches say "another of his kind". Whom to believe?

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    after all these "great" Ventress being Opress theories idea of Savage being Maul's brother is not stupid anymore...... he can be Maul's brother, Maul's son, Maul's clone, dead body posessed by Maul's spirit or frankenstein monster with Maul's brains placed in his head and then some darkest sorcery.... or preliminary holodroid with Maul-like appearance whatever if he is not Ventress.... only more ridiculous claim (than him being Ventress) is that he is in fact...... Ahsoka[face_laugh] haven't heard that before... but we haven't seen Savage and Ahsoka together eithero_O

Too bad that those screenings are only in U.S. there is us SW fans elsewhere too:_|

22. Dynoblaze

Dynoblaze Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2010
    Well I think we all know that no one will really have to wait to see the full series or know what happens after the movie plays. [face_whistling]

23. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Lucas also thinks the Gungans are "Goongas".

24. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    Indeed. I get my Lucas girls mixed up. Its difficult to keep them straight?or so I hear. o_O

25. Executor_of_Order66

Executor_of_Order66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2009
    lolz [face_laugh]

We are all going to buy the box set anyway.