main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Savage Opress

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fat_Rancor_Keeper, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    I liked it except for the part with Maul not being killed, but it'll happen.

2. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    Pretty much. I don't mind though. His death was as good as I had hoped it would be. I would have liked to see him stay A little bit longer though.

Paparazzo likes this.
  3. Jedi-Dan-D

Jedi-Dan-D Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2012
    Oh, I just meant killing Adi was his good point. The only reason I mentioned Grievous was to acknowledge that this wasn't Adi "first" death.

Paparazzo likes this.
  4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Thank you based mods

Paparazzo likes this.
  6. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Well, I'm a bit sad, I really liked Savage Opress, but he does die well, so I've prepared a short eulogy for the Man-turned-Monster of Dathomir.

Savage Opress began as a good Zabrak and a loyal brother. Nightsisters turned this good man into a monster and forced him to kill the one person he loved.

The monster claimed many lives with his fury and violence, Master Halsey and Gallia and good King Katuunko.

But eventually, the monster found a purpose, the same purpose he'd always had, saving and protecting his brother.

The brother tried to use him as Ventress and Dooku did, but unlike the others, Maul did care for his brother.

Savage died fighting for his brother, just as he was when he first appeared, and in his last moments, as his brother felt sorrow at his passing, the darkness left Savage's heart, and he returned to his true self.

"I'm not like you brother, I never was."

Rest in peace, Savage Opress, despite all your crimes, you were a good brother to Feral and Maul, and you stayed true to that right to the very end.

7. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    A good brother to Feral? He killed him.

Kualan likes this.
  8. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Nightsisters turned this good man into a monster and forced him to kill the one person he loved.
    Savage had no choice, if you recall Monster. The Nightsister's spell robbed him of any free will, and he seems to regret it later, as he claims that Ventress betrayed him.

Savage, when he had free will, did everything he could to save Feral, even giving his life so that his brother could go free.

The tale of Savage Opress is a tragic one, of a man who was turned into a monster to serve the selfish goals of other beings

9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    That eulogy was touching and all, but you're not an Opressor yet.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Well, I'll spare you what I was originally planning to post after this ep aired. All I'll say is, I'm glad they showed that Maul did actually care for Savage in the end, and I think his death worked great as a parallel to what Maul himself did to Obi Wan and Satine earlier.

This was genuinely touching, and I'm happy that it came at a point where they've nailed the facial animations to show the despair and pain in Maul's expression. Maybe this will be the new driving force for him in his new vocation as whatever the hell Sidious wants to do with him.

[​IMG]

Rest in peace Randy, you shall be missed dearly. By me. Not anyone else.

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Maul will miss him more :p

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Darth Vader could you not? I'm trying to mourn here.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  13. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Aw poor Savage

Paparazzo and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  14. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    I thought it was a great touch having him shrivel to his former form.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  15. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    You know, they could always make new Maul and Savage episodes that take place between "Revenge" and "Revival". If you consider their hunting campaign of the Jedi at that time, they could make at least an arc or two concerning it, but that would mean having to stomach watching Maul with his "General Grievous" raptor legs, again. :(

16. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Can we give him T-Rex arms next time?

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  17. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    I actually miss those legs.

18. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Maybe Talzin can revive him.

*pelted with tomatoes*

No seriously. She describes something called the "Talisman of Resurrection" in the Book of Sith and in an interview Dave Filoni hinted that the Nightsisters, despite the entire clan being shot to death, managed to survive Grievous' massacre. I can't imagine they would revive a minor character like Savage after giving him such a touching and well-done death, but the possibility's always there.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    He had a good death, the best one can hope for in TCW. It's better he's now buried instead of becoming a zombie.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  20. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    I think that was more of a reference to Talzin surviving, and presumably getting a new one at some point. We see the bodies in Brothers, and they are still quite dead. And on an OOC note, I really hope they don't cheapen one of Grievous' only victories in this show like that.

Also, if she could raise the dead in that manner, Plagueis' search for a reliable method of doing that makes no sense.

21. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    Given Filoni's comment, I had assumed the corpses in Revenge were just the Nightsister zombies while the recently-massacred sisters were gathered up and revived by Talzin. But who knows?

And Plagueis must have never been to Dathomir. ;)

22. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    [​IMG]

Whoa no way, this actually looks like a good death. This pic almost brings tears to my eyes. RIP Savage. Somebody loved you at the end.

23. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    What am I, an Ewok?

I too shall miss Savage Opress, who killed more Jedi on-screen than Grievous.

24. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    Savage also notes the absence of the other sisters. Furthermore, if Talzin could do that, why would she need Old Daka to revive the zombies? Heck, if she could do that, why were there ever non-living Nightsisters to begin with?

Plagueis mentions Mother Talzin by name in his novel. It's safe to say he knows about her. Also, Talzin herself notes that she's no match for Sidious, who couldn't do that.

25. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    The zombies were long-dead, and the Talisman of Resurrection only works if the victim is recently deceased. Daka's spell seemed to consist more of simply animating zombies en masse and actively controlling them rather than actually bringing individuals back to life. And I would imagine that sisters who've died of old age as opposed to injuries would be allowed to rest in peace.

Talzin may not be a match for Sidious in a fair one-on-one duel, but at home in her element on Dathomir she's a force to be reckoned with. I haven't seen Sidious float into the air, create a protection bubble and blast his enemies with lightning all the while, let alone teleport his way out of tough situations. As for Plagueis, it's also fair to say he simply wasn't aware of all of the special Nightsister abilities like resurrection. Did he ever encounter Talzin personally, though?