Clone Wars Savage Opress

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Fat_Rancor_Keeper, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    Wasn't that Savage? I thought so from the tatoos all over his body. And wasn't that green energy flying around?
  2. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    Yeah, green energy, sorry. And you're right, it's probably Darth Goldie in there. Which raises the question, what the heck are they doing to him?
  3. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
  4. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
  5. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    You mean, Nightsister torture, right?

But I don't think so. Randy looks pretty limp, and you can't torture an unconscious person. I think they are either healing him or "powering him up". Embuing him with some of their powers, making him tougher or perhaps even turning him into a Force user...
  6. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    :oops: Yeah, it would be Nightsister torture.

Though I was thinking about how Filoni mentioned that the path of trying to become Sith involved a large amount of pain, implying that Ventress and/or Steeler Dude would go through quite a bit of pain or even torture.
  7. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I love how Gry wholeheartedly embraced my true name for Randy Savage. [face_love]
  8. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
  9. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    GG, you slap your forehead and roll your eyes so much that I'm amazed they don't fall out and you get a concussion. ;)
  10. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    [image=http://massassi.hobby-site.com/massassi/pictures/episode_3/img/lava_river07.jpg]
  11. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    Exactly. Much more subdued than Dathomir Magic.
  12. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    It's Arawn_Fenn!! =D=

hey - was it confirmed that Palps healed Vader here, or was it speculation?
  13. rumblewagon Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Yes, George Lucas does say, "it turns out to be Darth Maul's brother". But then seconds later, GL says, "Was that what I was supposed to say?". It seems as if even GL is a bit confused about the origins of Savage Oppress. The way the witches refer to Savage as "another of his kind" and "one of his kind", I don't interpret that as meaning a blood relation to Maul.
  14. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    George's confusion is not about the information he just divulged. He's just not sure he gave all the appropriate lead into the next clip they would show. He even makes a dramatic pause before saying Randy is Maul's brother, so he knows what he's saying, and he knows the impact this would have on the fans.

But rewatching the clip, the way George says some of those things really gives us some strong hints, I think he let slip more than he intended to:

"...and as Ventress finds disfavour with Dooku, they find... she plots to get him another apprentice that she controls, and it turns out to be Darth Maul's brother."

Wow, so it's all out there. Ventress plots with the Nightsisters to give Dooku this apprentice that SHE controls. It's all a revenge plan. I like that! Maybe there's hope for Randy yet. Perhaps that little ritual they performed on him was their way of ensuring control over Darth Goldie.

If they make it so that the witches chose Randy because they know Dooku wouldn't resist the temptation of having Darth Maul's brother as his very own apprentice, then half the problems I have with this character would be gone. Randy might not have been the best of the best if he hadn't been groomed for it cause the sisters knew having a Darth Maul mark 2 could be a very valuable asset when dealing with the Sith.
  15. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    "Badass runs DEEP in my family..."
    [image=http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n107/SithStarSlayer/Silver_Maul.jpg]
    "And, DON'T YOU FORGET IT!!!"

16. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Nice. I could live with that, and it would definitely make sense for Dooku's eventual plan to try to overthrow Sidious. [face_devil]

Still don't really get where the Nightsisters revenge/infiltration comes in? It's got to be either the start or the end of the arc - maybe the battle simply ends with the Sistas saying "we wanted to test you to make sure you could handle the Macho Man Randy Savage".
  17. Fat_Rancor_Keeper Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    [image=http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5945/94377948.jpg]

He reminds me of the steroided up "Super Shredder" version of Shredder from TMNT2.
  18. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    :p

Heh
  19. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I wonder if they have time to go back and edit-out the facial tats.
  20. arvvvs Jedi Knight

star 1
    Heres teh thing about CLone Wars- after season 2 I TRUST them. They pulled some brilliant stuff and had pretty decent material. And yes the name is lame but I look foward to the character in general- especially his axe like weapon- how he wields it against jedi.
    Come on guys give them some leeway
  21. StampidHD280pro Force Ghost

star 4
    You're RIGHT![face_laugh]
  22. Maphisto86 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I already commented on this controversial move for Season 3 at IGN but I will give a quick summary of my thoughts here:

- Yes I agree the name is lame but it is par for the course with Star Wars and actually sounds better when pronounced correctly.
    - Mauls brother!? *shrug* I don't think this is a big deal continuity wise aside from the tattoo issue. It is uncreative but I am staying neutral until I see this character in action.
    - It actually makes sense that despite the "Rule of Two", the Order of the Sith Lords would have contacts and affiliated groups serving them throughout the galaxy in secret by this time. It is possible that Darth Maul was selected by Sidious from a cadre of Zabrak warriors, raised either by the Nightsisters or another cult like group, to create warriors for hire or for some other purpose. Groups serving the Sith at that time are already established in the Expanded Universe (The "Sun Guard" of Thyrsus and the "Dark Force" cult for example).
    - I do hope Dooku shows some disdain at the mention of Darth Maul but as a consumate Sith Lord, I am sure he would put his own feelings aside for practicality, as Ventress has been outcast by Sidious and Dooku seems to have his own schemes for an apprentice.

Overall I am still looking forward to Season 3. More space battles and the plot thickens it seems, tying previous story arcs together. And actually I am a big Count Dooku fan, so I look forward to any episode where he kicks ass.
  23. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I only have one real problem with Sah-vaaage.

The facial ink. It screams at me!! Darth Maul was the shadow hunter, the phantom menace's first bastard 'son'. I have racked my brain trying to make sense of HOW IN THE KRIFF did the Dathomiri know what Darth Maul looked like. A child Maul? No problem. Hack the backstory as you see fit, it was vague anyways. Not to mention that I liked the lolipop episode the best.:p But the adult version, is hard for me to accept.
  24. DarthChimerus Jedi Grand Master

I?m glad to see that at least he is easily distinguishable from Maul.
    But still making him his brother is just a bad idea.
  25. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Could be worse...
    They easily could've been made TWINS that were separated at birth.
    ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.