MN SAVE ALPHACON!!!

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Vader2000, May 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vader2000 Jedi Master

star 4
    Per jedigal's request, below is the e-mail address to Kristine Gerber of Midlands Marketing who pulled the plug on AlpahCon and fired Dan Lundquist.

But before I post them, a bit of news. Dan is looking into getting independent investors to support next years con. However, since Midlands Marketing owns the AlphaCon name, it will be called AlphaOmegaCon 2002. Whether you attened or not, you should write Kristine Gerber and tell her what a terrible decision she mas made. Also, it'd be cool if people could write Dan and tell him how much you wanted to come and that you would like to attend 2002 if it happens, based on what you've heard from those that did attend.

So, without further ado, here are the e-mail address:

Kristine Gerber - kristine.gerber@owh.com

Dan Lundquist - Djlldl@aol.com

Thanks everyone!
  2. jedigal Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks, V2K!

I will write to both. I would think it would smart to hold the next Alpha(Omega)Con well after the movie opens next year. It could never expect to compete with Celebration, and if it takes place afterwards it will be able to showcase a lot of new stuff that wouldn't be available prior to the release of the film. And people who missed Celebration II will get another chance at a good SW con.
  3. Vader2000 Jedi Master

star 4
    Exactly. They plan to hold in September 20-22, 2002. That should give it enough time after Celebration 2.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.