main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Save Me (Vader/Anakin, Luke; OT/ROTJ)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedi_bounty, May 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_bounty

jedi_bounty Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    Title: Save Me
    Author: jedi_bounty
    Timeframe: OT, end of ROTJ
    Characters: Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, Palpatine, Padme
    Genre: Song Fic
    Summary: Anakin/Vader is dying.
    Notes: The scenes jump around some. The first two feature Anakin defeating Palpatine. The next three highligh my thoughts of Anakin's turn to the darkside. Then it moves back to the end of ROTJ. Next is scenes into the future, what happens after he dies. Finally we see the moment Anakin Skywalker dies.

How can you see into my eyes
    like open doors
    leading you down into my core
    where I've become so numb?

Vader stood by his emperor?s throne on board the Death Star. Across from him stood his son, Luke Skywalker. Vader was disturbed, how had Luke been able to discern the emotions within him? The last time they had met Luke had seemed to see into his very core. It had brought back memories, emotions really, from long ago, from when his dear Padme was alive. Luke had brought them back, and when he had part of him, the part where Anakin Skywalker still lived, had wanted to take Luke in his arms and stop serving the Emperor. He had wanted to leave all this, to take his son with him and live out the rest of his life quietly, but that could never happen.

Without a soul;
    my spirit's sleeping somewhere cold,
    until you find it there and lead it back home.

Pain tore through him as he lifted Palpatine over his head. The blue force lightening ripped through his body, singeing to his bones. He turned and threw Palpatine, Emperor of the Galactic Empire, over the edge of the railing into the core of the Death Star. Lights flashed before his eyes as he collapsed onto the cold, metal floor. Somewhere he could hear his son, Luke, crawling to him. Just as Luke reached him everything went black, but he was back. Anakin Skywalker was back.

(Wake me up.)
    Wake me up inside.
    (I can't wake up.)
    Wake me up inside.
    (Save me. )
    Call my name and save me from the dark.

Anakin lay in bed looking up at the ceiling. Next to him laid his darling wife Padme, her soft breath the only sound in the silence. He could feel it, feel the darkness. It was beginning to envelop the galaxy. It was enveloping him.

Anakin was startled with this realization. He had never even seen it coming, but now it was here. Which did he serve, the light side or the dark side of the Force? Anakin knew the truth, even though he tried to deny it, he now was part of the dark side of the Force. Silently his soul cried. He looked at his wife, his eyes soft and pleading. Save me Padme, save me love.

(Wake me up. )
    Bid my blood to run.
    (I can't wake up. )
    Before I come undone.
    (Save me. )
    Save me from the nothing I've become.

Anakin could feel the sharp rocks digging into his knees beneath him. The heat of the blue blade only centimeters from his neck kept him on the edge of reality. Meters to his right lay his own lightsaber, the once silver cylinder now seemingly black.

Looking up, he met the eyes of the man holding the lightsaber. Anakin's once bright, but now dim blue eyes looked deep into the sea like eyes above him. At once he felt all the emotion inside of him swell into his eyes. There, deep inside of him, was Anakin Skywalker, former Jedi, begging to be released from the agony of the dark side. Save me, his eyes said, save me from what I've become.

Now that I know what I'm without
    you can't just leave me.
    Breathe into me and make me real.
    Bring me to life.

Lord Vader looked down at himself. Only a week ago he had first put on this suit. He had been proud to wear it at first, proud because it was a symbols of his stature in the galaxy. He was now second only to Palpatine, the Emperor. Somewher

2. jedi_bounty

Jul 26, 2002
    Up!

Any Readers?

3. bluebereft

bluebereft Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2002
    Very nice... albeit clichéd.

But I definitely didn't like the last sentence. I just feel that it isn't suited for the ending.

4. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    Quite a good post, I liked it.

The song is one of favourites too.

5. jedi_bounty

Jul 26, 2002
    bluebereft Thank you for both the 'very nice' and saying you didn't like the last sentence. I have tried to think of a way to fix it, but I couldn't so I just got rid of it all together. Thank you for the feedback, it means a lot! :)

darla101 Thank you! Yes, I've seen this song used in a lot of other places, that's why I've given a different name to the fic than the song had. Anyways, thanks a ton for reading and replying. :)

JB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.