main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Save The Last Dance(songfic, post-NJO, J/TK, mush)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by magehound, Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magehound

magehound Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2006
    Title: Save The Last Dance
    Author: magehound
    Timeframe: post-NJO. the victory celebration actually.
    Characters: Jacen Solo, Tenel Ka, Jaina Solo, Isoldir, Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade, cameo by Wynssa Starflare
    Genre: songfic, Romance
    Keywords: J/TK,
    Summary: Jacen and Tenel Ka struggle to confess their feelings for one another on the dance floor. With a little help, maybe they can do just that.
    Notes: I use a lot of the song "Save The Last Dance", the version attributed to Manhattan Transfer & Ben E. King. I also use some of Berlin's song, "Take My Breath Away" (which I think is the most romantic song Ever.)Hopefully, you will enjoy this.

(Dance with me, Dance with me)

"We would like to welcome all of our honored guests to this celebration to mark the end of the war with the Yuuzhan Vong. It has been a long, hard road for each of us present, but we have finally managed to obtain victory. Fact. Now, let all your worries wash away for at least one night, my friends, and enjoy yourselves. We command it to be so." Queen Mother Tenel Ka Djo said the last with a small twinkle in her eye, and all aseembled laughed at one of her rare displays of humor.

As it was customary for the Queen Mother and her consort to have the first dance, Prince Isolder took his daughter's hand and led her to the dance floor as the Hapan orchestra began a traditional waltz.
    Jacen Solo's mouth was in danger of catching flies, and this fact was pointed out by his sister, Jaina, with much glee. Quickly closing his jaw, he gave a betrayed look to his twin sister, then turned toward the table of entrees laid out. It did him no good. Even as hungry as he was, what he really wanted was...
    "Y'know brother of mine, if you don't tell her how you feel soon, I'm going to do it for you." Jaina nudged her brother with a mischevious gleam in her eye. She watched Jacen's reaction. He quickly turned around, about to protest. And then all the words left him as he gazed at the Queen on the dance floor.

Tenel Ka looked absolutely stunning to Jacen's mind. Her red hair flowed behind her like flames dancing in the wind as she expertly moved through the steps of the waltz with her father. Her deep green emerald gown only served to highlight her hair, and to Jacen's sudden embarrassment..other features. Tenel Ka had always been attractive, but Jacen had always been more interested in her eyes. Those stone grey eyes that he could, and did, get lost in. The ones that he always tried to convince to show a sparkle of laughter. The eyes that were windows to her soul.

Suddenly, Jacen felt himself shoved from behind gently, but still hard enough to stumble onto the dance floor. Awkwardly he realised that the waltz had just ended, and Tenel Ka had stopped in front of him. Cursing his sister to the nine Corellien Hells, he managed to stutter out, "Hey, Tenel Ka, y-you danced very nicely." What?! Way to go, nerfbrain! Could I say anything more stupid?
    Tenel Ka looked at him appraisingly in his formal blue jacket, white shirt and brown pants. With a tilt of her head, she asked, "Friend Jacen, would you like the next dance?" as the floor began to fill with guests pairing off. Her father merely gave an understanding grin, excused himself, and went off to talk with Jaina. The orchestra, with a glance from the Queen Mother, began to play a fast-paced Corellien foxtrot. Tenel Ka actually smiled at him as she held out her hand for his and said, "Shall we dance?"

As Jacen took her hand and began to lose himself in one of the dances of his homeworld, he felt an overwhelming sense of happiness. Not just because it was one of his homeworld's songs and she had taken the time to learn the steps, but that she was dancing the steps with him. It was the 'first' dance after all. But then he caught her sense in the Force. She was just as happy that he was dancing with her.
    As the dance ended, smiles lit up both of their faces, and he decided to

2. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I love the ending! BTW, congratulations you have officially planted at least seven crack ships into my head with one fanfic, the foremost of which is Danni/Dukat.

3. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    thank you very much. I shall consider that a compliment. :D

4. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    awww that was wonderful!!!!!

i don't understand how you do it...you're a guy!!!! i know, captain obvious here! but anyway...i think i'll stop before i offend someone!!

awesome songs, i love 'em!!!

Tenel Ka suspected other hands involved in that, but she would torture them later.
    hmmmm, good opening for a sequel...maybe some time around the wedding she can get back at everyone!!![face_batting] [face_batting] *plot bunnies ATTACK!!!*

wonderful job

meg

5. magehound

Jun 4, 2006

6. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    don't know how you would do that.
    oh i got a big mouth and sometimes i like to say things without thinking!!!!!!

I'll pay you back for this later.
    hmmm...*gets excited at the prospect of 'bad stuff' happening* Give Me Your Best Shot!!!!!!!

meg

7. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    when those plot bunnies are done with you it should be one funny story or seven :p

great job and those are some of my favorite songs too

8. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    oh, i've got something in mind for payback already. something like what she did to me. [face_devil]

and thank you very much. I've always liked them. :D

9. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    As always, you have mastered the songfic.

Okay, so I thought the Jacen/Mara part was very funny. "It's the hair." Luke and Tenel Ka was funny, too, but what I REALLY liked was Jaina and Isolder conspiring. That was great. The end was fantastic, so mushy. You gave me butterflies!

Great job!

10. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Happy, J/TK mush. Happy J/Yk mush...

Wonderful, magehound! My favorite couple, done wonderfully. Loved the 'conspiracy' there.

11. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    Stop it! you gonna make me blush! :D

Lousy sisters! lol Darkwriter knows what I'm talking about![face_laugh] and thank you for the kind words.

12. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    sorry, i double-posted because my stupid computer was built by Exar Gates...er, Kun. yeah, That's it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.