main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Saviour Sizzle 'n' Cycle 2008

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by kahli, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    So - Good Friday is the day. Anyone with a cycle and some energy to burn is welcome to the annual saviour sizzle, this year with a cycle twist. Anyone without energy to burn, or perhaps no cycle, or inclination, is also welcome.

Departing the casual fishtank around... I don't know, 11? Don't want to make it too early, it is my day off after all. Cycle Kedron Brook Bikeway (no hills! tee hee!) and arrive Brookside Shopping Centre, or more specifically the sizzler therein, around 12 I would imagine.

It's not a long ride. It's not a hard ride. Additional cycles could probably be arranged for anyone wanting to give it a burl but helmets might be trickier.

Please register your interest below.

2. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Whilst I mightn't be in for the Cycling, I imagine I'll be in for the Sizzling with you Godless Heathens (I mean that in the nicest possible way, of course ;) ), considering I've just about given up all ties to my local church and all.

God willing I don't get drafted/guilted into singing at church this time around. [face_thinking]

3. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    I'm with Morgs on this. No cycle here, I just don't want to do myself any more damage for like, say 6 months. Be nice to have 6 months of fairly decent health... But Sizzling is definately on the programme.

4. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    ...working, sorry.

I'll do my best to heathen it up though...[face_mischief]

5. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
  6. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Days like this I truly wish that I had some sort of passion, or even a passing interest in cycling...
    Can't imagine a more inane and pointless activity than hurtling about on a bunch of two-wheeled iron horses.

PSYCHE!!!:p

Are you kidding? Now this is my kinda outing!
    And even though I've been rostered on for that day, consider me there like BJ & his Bear!
    [image=http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd318/Hambo_photos/TheSteed.jpg]

7. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    /bump

So our annual Good Friday Sssizzle is 12pm at Brookside?

8. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    CORRECT

I might even be able to rustle up a kiddie trailer if any needs it ahem cough cough ahem.

9. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    12 pm Brookside, eh? Cool, I'll be there, I daresay.

10. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Was the coughing for me??? sorry not to reply.

Friday is my usual Easter family day. Boat race followed by hanging out at lunch, so can't make it unforunately, neither can the kid. Have fun though.

Otherwise would come for a ride. Goobs is working too so not riding.

11. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    Due to the fact i am waking up this very moment (1150) im not sure ill make it sorry guys :p

12. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    How'd the day go?? any cyclin done?

Happy Heathen Day.

Side note: I was at my son's easter hat parade on Thursday ( public school..lots of religions encompassed) and they sang lots of Jesus dying and being born again songs. I almost winced..it's totally not part of our family's belief system and not something the kid knows anything about. I get that that is what easter is about and it's why we have a long weekend and all, but does anyone else see that as slightly odd in this day and age. I guess it's hard to talk about easter with a bunch of school kids and not mention the religious significance. Still.. anyway.

13. JEDIPAULAW

JEDIPAULAW Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Damn, I missed this.....

Hope you all had a great time, but-:)

*Waves to Hamden*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.