main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Saw Gererra in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ARC_RC-7567, Dec 17, 2016.

1. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
  2. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Season Three is only about 2 years before ANH, so I expect that Saw will be presented like how he was portrayed in Rouge One.

3. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    This will be awesome.

4. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    And that's what I think is sorta strange because he looks in way better fighting condition in this poster compared to Rogue One. Even compared to the "younger" Saw that rescues Jyn. I wonder who the second Rogue One character in Rebels will be?

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  5. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Did they confirm a second? It'll be Cassian, considering he's the only other with Rebel history

6. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015

Ehh, looks like they tried to pull off a compromise between TCW and Rogue One versions. I think they did a nice job. Most of the characters on this show are skinnier than IRL. I don't think that's necessarily a positive thing, but that does seem to be a thing. A version of Saw with Forrest-Whittaker proportions would look weird next to Kanan.

7. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    I could've sworn I read something about two characters from Rogue One coming into Rebels. And Cassian would be a welcome addition to the show. They need to start adding more Rebel characters that become regulars like the Ghost Crew and Phoenix Squadron. I get sorta tired of only seeing the same guys and then occasional Captain Rex, or Hondo or Fenn Rau or whatever close ally is the flavor of the week. Especially when those same characters are hardly ever all together at once or doing anything that isn't filler...

8. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015

I'm with you 100%. Super-weird that Sato's the only recurring character, outside of the Ghost Crew, to represent the word "Rebels." Why don't the Ghost Crew make friends with some of the pilots, mechanics, etc.? Take them on some of their missions? Learn about the reasons why each chose to join the Rebellion. Cassian would be a most welcome and logical addition.
    Another possibility could be Galen; I doubt a person can just quit an Imperial Science officership without help from any existing Rebel groups.
    I'd prefer it be Cassian, though, because we'd get a better chance of spending more time with him / learning about his perspective / etc.

9. Noir Deux

Noir Deux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    This is how I expect Saw to be on R1 not that old crazy grandpa, I'm excited to see that we are getting closer to R1 but I should not get too excited because the same thing happened with TCW/ROTS we were so close and then boom.

And yes they will show Cassian maybe for the next season, or maybe Mon Mothma.

10. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    I'm not surprised to see Saw, but very happy about his return to animation. He looks super cool in that poster.

I expect we'll learn how he sustained the wounds he had in Rogue One from Rebels, though they're more severe than the show's tone usually allows for. I say "usually" because this show's hero was blinded horribly (and so unexpectedly), so who knows what the limit is!

I'd love to see Cassian too, he was the Rogue One character that surprised me the most.

11. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
  12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Regarding Saw's wounds:

He looked pretty beat-up when he met the 6 year old Jyn, which was long before Rebels. So we probably won't see those.

There's a reference in Rogue One Ultimate Visual Guide to him needing that rebreather because his lungs were exposed to Geonosian insecticide. Suggesting he was present for the Empire's scouring of Geonosis (assuming that "Geonosian insecticide means insecticide for killing Geonosians")

And since this took place before Rebels Season 2 - in which we see a scoured Geonosis - we probably won't see that, either. That said - maybe he got them later, while digging around on it.

A point is made of how his attempts to find out what superweapon the Empire were building, were part of what convinced the Empire to move the Death Star and exterminate the Geonosians to keep it secret, in the first place.

13. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

Interesting!

Perhaps Saw returns to Geonosis, since second half of this season opens with the "Ghosts of Geonosis" two-parter. I'd speculate that we'll get a flashback, but that would be a first for Rebels.

14. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Sounds about right based on the poster.

Based on his portrayal in Rogue One, Rogue One Mission Files, and Rogue One Ultimate Visual Guide, and that poster, I predict:
    that things will go very badly between him and the Spectres, to the point that he will end up fearing that the Rebel Alliance will assassinate him in future.

15. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Given his paranoia he's hardly going to react well to Sabine a former Imperial Cadet let alone two Jedi now isn't he?

16. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe, based on who was introduced earlier in the season:

Kalani,

it'll be their presence that Saw ferociously objects to. After all, Kalani led the Confederacy effort on Onderon.

Cassian Andor if in, as an ex-Separatist, might also be a good character for Saw to react badly to.

17. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Eh, I doubt he'll know. Sabine being a former cadet is unlikely to be something she'll flout to everyone she meets.

SuperSecretMuffin likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The question would then be
    why was Saw on Geonisis during the scourge? was he there to stop it or get information?

19. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Based on the Rogue One Visual Guide:

he must have narrowed down the location of the Empire's mysterious superweapon to the approximate area of Geonosis at some point shortly before the scourge, since Saw's investigations are the reason the Empire moved the Death Star in the first place.

It's not confirmed that he was on-planet during the scourge itself though. It's still possible that he got that lung damage in the upcoming Rebels arc, since I can't see a rebreather on him.

20. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Looks more like they were using Will Smith from the Suicide Squad crossed with the Saw from TCW rather than Forest Whitaker in that poster. I never liked Saw, he was worse than Lux.

Erkan12 likes this.
  21. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    I wonder if Andrew Kishino will reprise the role from TCW or if someone else will take up the mantle. Either way, I somewhat doubt Forrest Whitaker will be doing the voice.

Either way, excited to see him on Rebels.

22. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Forrest Whitaker mentioned in a lot of reviews that he specifically watched the character's arc in TCW as inspiration when he took the role....I wonder if that possibly endeared him to appearing in one of Filoni's series.

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean how well known is he as an actor?

24. Fuzzy ambassador

Fuzzy ambassador Jedi Master star 1

Sep 20, 2012
    I wonder if we are going to see Saw's mercenary lasat friend? *hopes*

25. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Regarding Saw's appearance at different times in Rogue One...
    Didn't we only see a very brief glimpse of younger, bald Saw in the movie from way down in the well? And the other scene of him younger that we saw in the R1 Teaser was a deleted scene? Deleted stuff is not necessarily canon, so this Rebels version takes precedence over that in case there is a discrepancy. I don't think we got a good enough look at younger Saw in the final cut, not to mention whatever backstory was present in those deleted scenes. So we'll just have to see what Rebels does with it.