main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Saw Gererra in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ARC_RC-7567, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Rogue One Spoiler:
    If I remember correctly, she said she hadn't seen him in 10 years, and since this is three years before R1/ANH, the timeline wouldn't fit.

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Good point.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Nope because
    Jyn was left by Saw when she was 16 and by Rogue One she is 22 so that means she was ditched before Season 1 of rebels even started.

Erkan12 likes this.
  4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The Rogue One concept art is sorta strange, basic idea appears to be that he a morbidly obese Saw and prosthetic limbs and life support dialysis machine. Some bring to mind a black male version of the Baron Harkonnen complete with special suit and tubes and transfusion stuff reminiscent of Lynch's Dune. A few versions seem to use a Death Star II style window as a backdrop that appeared to have been altered as time went on into a more cave cathedral. One incarnation looked like he would've been a completely cgi character or practical effect costume. He was like twice the size of a regular human a mix mainly fat with some muscle combination human/ orc or mutant cyborg with prosthetic arm and legs.

5. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Probably not because
    by the time Saw shows up in Rebels (2 BBY) Jyn was already on her own.

Erkan12 likes this.
  6. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Yeah, she isn't with Saw anymore at that time, but it's possible she could show up in another episode.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  7. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
  8. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    it looks like Saw's crew got killed on Geonosis.

9. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Not surprised :/ I wonder if they were members of his personal group (Partisans) or Alliance soldiers.

10. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    the alliance doesnt exist yet (unless theres a time jump), so they were definitely his guys

11. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Saw is war wacky and was never particularly level headed in his youth. His boorish leadership and likely madness may of gotten his men killed. The dossier does not have a good write up about him, he way well jeopardize The Ghost and its crew out've his own megalomania and fanaticism..

12. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I don't think the Saw in Rogue One will be the Saw we see in Rebels, or the Saw who was among the founders of the Rebel Alliance. He might have had the same ruthlessness,
    but probably not the paranoia/mental instability. I think something will happen to him in the next episodes which cause his health to deteriorate over time, until he finally gives up living in Rogue One

13. Zillobeast

Zillobeast Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 6, 2016
    I'm excited for this bridge between the two portrayals of Gerrera!

14. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    He's not Rebel Alliance founder though, but he is an early rebel resistance fighter and leader but his own thing.

Erkan12 likes this.
  15. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    No, Saw was with the Rebel Alliance at the start, but the Alliance Council decided that the Rebel Alliance needed to break ties with him because of Saw's fanaticism. Mon Mothma establishes this when debriefing Jyn. Jyn later quotes him when giving a pep talk to Rogue One, so he has to have some sort of legendary/inspirational value within the Rebellion.

16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I would not really call him a founder, unless by founder one means his Partisan group become one of the many cells that would form the Rebel Alliance as an institution just shortly before ANH. But his stay did not appear very long. He's basically guilty of atrocities and would be an embarrassment during a post war time setting where he could be found guilty of war crimes. Some of the rebels look the other way because he kills Imperials.

17. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008

[​IMG]

Also,

I fully expect Saw to be attacked by a Gor Bullet, which is native to Geonosis, making him go crazy

SensationalSean likes this.
  18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Given that Saw was in possession of X-wings at the time of Rogue One (according to the Visual Guide, he had 6) - maybe we'll see the Rebellion giving him them - before the break with them?

19. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

This is one element of Rogue One that I felt needed expansion, it didn't appear to have a lasting impact. It would be super cool if Rebels filled in that gap.

20. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    Actually, Saw Guerra in RO, brings to mind the Rebel version of Darth Vader. They are not equivalent because Saw is fighting to keep people and planets alive and free. Even though he causes collateral damage in RO. That is still quantifiably different than slaughtering whole cities and planets.

Also remember, in TCW, Saw is taught by Anakin the very tactics he uses against the Empire

Jester J Binks likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    As long as I never have to see that god awful CGI.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Anakin begins his training, and Ahsoka takes over when he and Obi-Wan are called back to Coruscant.

23. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    He wasnt the only one getting trained and not many really liked him or followed him as he was always something of a problem. Most of the tactics and military training was done by the Kamino programmed/trained Clones. The Republic gave them some rudimentary training and supplied them, if Ahsoka was not there and did not directly take a lead, its not likely they would've won against the Separatists. Lux while another doof, was more interesting story-wise and character-wise as he had some depth of development , they should get back to his character .

24. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    The point is Anakin trains Saw in tactics which Saw passes on to Jyn which helps her steal the DS plans that unites the Rebellion giving them their first victory over the Empire.

Irony of Anakin helping to defeat Vader.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

If I recall, Rex was the only Clone that remained with the training up through the invasion of Iziz.