main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Saw Gererra in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ARC_RC-7567, Dec 17, 2016.

1. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Very Cool news!!. I did see this news on Youtube the other day. Love that Filoni is making these animated all his own and connecting them. Interesting to know this character also appears in one of the new Disney Movies, but I dont care about that. Great to see more TCW characters

starocean90 likes this.
  2. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I really looked forward to this Geonosis duology before but now I look forward to it even more; it will be very interesting to see Saw again, how he was and was doing just a few years prior to Rogue One (and I definitely appreciate that Whitaker is reprising the role).

3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    know what would be cool? if they took Forest Whitaker's line from the trailers, "what will you become?" and put it in Rebels.

Erkan12, Zillobeast and ARC_RC-7567 like this.
  4. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Dang that would fit so well for Ezra.

5. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Lovely irony.

DBPirate likes this.
  6. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    It will be very interesting to see his relationship with Rex. One of the view from the Old School (TCW)

7. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    from the trailers he looks less machine than in RO so it seems that between Rebels to RO...around 2 years something happens to make him machine.

I do like the speculation/theory that it was Vader who put him in that state. Kind of ironic that someone he looked up to in Anakin and helped him in becoming a Rebel would turn his life upside down again.

8. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    we don't get to see Saw receive his injuries in Rebels. He must return to Geonosis later, or was somehow exposed earlier in the caverns and the poison has a longer term effect on humans.

9. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Great episode and Forrest Whitaker doesn't disappoint...

Saw may not be physically injured (yet) but the scars are there and very much obvious by the time you get to the 2nd half.

starocean90 and Darth_Accipiter like this.
  10. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I know this is kinda nitpicking but it really irritates me just a bit how Saw's eyecolor changes from turquoise to green and brown (since that is natural eye color of Whitaker) does he have contact lenses all along? Also this thread's title has the name Gerrera written wrong....

Anyways I liked the Saw in these episodes but would like to see more of him- he is actually far more interesting character to follow than Ezra[face_whistling]

starocean90 and Vorax like this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It's to bad that this seems to be the only time we see him this season.

12. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

Heh, yeah.

Saw I would say is more interesting now, as its a bit of a different character than the one on TCW. But usually anti-heroes tend to be , like villains. Maybe Ezra will become more interesting as time goes on but who knows.

13. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    This Saw has recognisable elements of his TCW days and also hints at what he'll become down the line. It would certainly be interesting to see Ezra (whose idealism played in contrast to Saw's pragmatism) end up going down a similar path...

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lol, according to the episode guide for Ghosts of Geonosis, they gave Saw green eyes in Rebels because "somewhere in the middle" of blue and brown. On what color scale? [face_laugh]

CT1138 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Also people's eye colors does not change naturally. Stop trying to explain things that don't need explanation

16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    hahhah, I keep hoping that when Saw gets into his big accident that mauls him and after he recuperates and opens his eyes they're brown. Maybe he's on some weird substance that is eating away at his mind (and his eye colour). Hell, maybe that mind reading octopus thing does it to him.

Awesome to see him here, though, at his midway point between TCW and R1. Although you can tell he's leaning hard into the dangerous person we see in R1 and less of the idealist from TCW but he hasn't gone full bore crazy yet. I'm assuming he's ditched Jyn by this point so probably won't see her around.

17. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The eyes and character model do not match exactly like Forrest, but they tried hybridizing the looks between mediums. Perhaps voices to them is more important it appears to me by the production/Lucasfilm. I thought the guy that voiced Saw on TCW was supposed to return for Rebels a while back? New role or canceled?

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Maybe he was going to be Saw but then they got Whitaker instead.

19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Just watched the Geonosis duology. Saw was perfectly done, a great transition of his calmer TCW self and his crazy, Bor Gullet-loving Rogue One self.

20. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    I still think it was a missed opportunity to not have Ezra get aggressive and possibly force choke Saw during the scene when he was holding the egg hostage. It seems like such an obvious thing to do and a fitting way to touch on the "Dark Ezra" sub-plot.

21. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Dark Ezra was only a thing for about two episodes.

22. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    I refuse to accept that it's abandoned completely after all that build-up from the beginning of the show. There's so much they could've done with it.

23. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Same, but them's the breaks. It's a shame Maul is so bad at manipulating people who aren't stupid or power hungry.

Snax Rebo likes this.
  24. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    The Shadow Emperor, cut Maul a break. He's lonely and was too excited to be in the presence of anyone willing to listen to him. :p

I like to think Ezra's the only person who responds to his space-texts anymore. Same thing with Hondo. [face_laugh]

revan772 likes this.